Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-24-2011, 03:30 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
...But personally, I thought the beginning of Alizee's career was perfect. She was sexy, but innocent and not over the top. I think Mylene gave her a great start and Alizee really could have progressed that image and turned it into something she really wanted.
A lot of people could have and would have progressed with that image. But for Lili, I think it was getting a little too cheap, and too far from the truth. She's smart and talented, and wanted some respect for that. Do we respect Shakira? Do we respect Britney? See what I'm sayin'?
Old 01-24-2011, 03:31 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Anyway... getting back on topic, I think Lefty nailed it with the 3-layer description. Alizée, especially in her earlier interviews (for example the Italian MTV one), intentionally played innocent about a couple of questions - which was a very good move on her part. She would not let the interviewers take her down certain roads. I have no doubt that Mylene coached her with regards to this. In fact, I think Mylene really did an excellent job with regards to how she allowed the young Alizée to be presented.
Yes I agree whole heartedly with Leftie's descriptions. I also believe Alizee got tired of the Lolita gag and wanted her musical legacy to go way beyond it by getting respect as a real artist. In order to accomplish that she believed and rightly so that she would have to leave Mylene to accomplish that goal. Her marriage, long break and having Annily were a great distraction from this goal so to speak . Just like any artist that stops practicing their talent becomes rusty and I believe in Alizee's case may have lost touch with the rigors of remaining relevent in French pop. It is also entirely possible that doing what she likes musically is more important than what is popular and was worth the risk to her. I know that drives fans crazy including myself that wants Alizee back on top, relevent,and making tons of music again with lots of concerts, video's and interviews. Back on topic- What did Alizee know and when did she know it? I think Alizee new more about the Lolita gag than she let on and less than she inferred in the interview. It depends on anyone's interpretation or meaning of the word is is. Slick Willy- "gotta love him"
Old 01-24-2011, 04:41 AM
Cheesy

Naft is on a distinguished road

I am willing to accept that the short dresses, provocative lyrics and a little too revealing dances as an image that wasn't her, but I still think the Lili that was on the FUN-TV interview for one hour was entirely her, with her feelings, her reflections on the world and everything of that. I just don't think she can fake those things, as good of an actress as she is. I can see where she's coming from though, another attempt to distance herself from the early lolita image that she has.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:17 AM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepelepew View Post
Jung and Euphoria sitting in a tree. Damn you two are so much alike. Trolling the neighborhood making useless points without facts and pretending to be so informed with a giant hint of false mystery lol
Really all I've said in this thread is that Jeremy makes a lot of money, but you'll most likely never see exactly what he does. You may see his work but you'll never know it's him. Feel free to go ahead and prove me wrong.

I've also said that words were being put in ones mouth, which you can take however you want. Lastly I asked a question of another.

Regards,

Jung

Old 01-24-2011, 08:32 AM
Never ever wanna leave you

Rachelizee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
Really all I've said in this thread is that Jeremy makes a lot of money, but you'll most likely never see exactly what he does. You may see his work but you'll never know it's him.
Wait a sec .... so are you saying that Jeremy is really Keyser Soze

I thought it was Kevin Spacey or was it Gabriel Byrne

P.S. It's good to be back - nothing like a healthy debate to bring back old members
Old 01-24-2011, 08:33 AM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
A lot of people could have and would have progressed with that image. But for Lili, I think it was getting a little too cheap, and too far from the truth. She's smart and talented, and wanted some respect for that. Do we respect Shakira? Do we respect Britney? See what I'm sayin'?
As a matter of fact, yeah, I do respect Britney and Shakira. Britney went off the deep end for quite a while, but guess what....she is back on her feet and more popular than ever. She got back on the horse and put her life back together AND her career. As for Shakira, I have no idea why you wouldn't respect her. She writes her own music, plays instruments and is very successful in multiple countries. She is involved with a ton of charities, has done multiple benefit concerts and is a UNICEF goodwill ambassador. I'd say Shakira is a pretty accomplished woman. But, I assume I'm not supposed to respect her because she has provocative songs and belly dances. Seems a bit ridiculous to me.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:22 PM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road

Rachel - Great to see you back again! No, I can't confirm that Jérémy is really Keyser Soze, as that would be signing my own death warrant. Let's just say he might be.

Euphoria - Okay, my bad example. As you put it, maybe I should respect Britney and Shakira. But I still don't. Why is that? I revere Exene.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:07 PM

Fralizee is on a distinguished road

Unfortunately for me it's the only Alizee i love and listen to, act or not.
She has not been able to outperform that young Alizee era yet.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:27 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

I'm not familiar enough with Shakira to say one way or another, but I certainly don't respect Britney Spears as an artist. She should get kudos I suppose for turning her life around, but that's a different subject. I have a great deal of respect as people for lots of people that are not artists at all. Spears' music is completely forgettable, not very creative, breaking no artistic boundaries, requiring no expansion on the part of the listener. The problem isn't that it contains a lot of sex appeal but that it doesn't contain much else. In this it's a complete contrast with the work of Madonna or Mylène Farmer, who are also very sexual in their performances but go way beyond that.

To measure artistic success purely in terms of sales is quintessentially American, and one of the characteristics of my country that I vehemently detest. Sales are important but by themselves do not constitute artistic success at all.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 01-24-2011, 01:38 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

I've just been sitting here laughing at this whole thing.

I'm only focused on her music, and whether I enjoy it or not...

I couldn't give a shit about the character/image she purportes.