Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

View Poll Results: What style should Lilly's next album be?
UEDS (Electro, French underground, etc.) 3 5.56%
Psych style (A mix of styles) 9 16.67%
Mylene & Laurent style (first two albums) 9 16.67%
Dance-Pop (dance music... and Alizee dancing!) 17 31.48%
Acoustic, softer (think the Guitar La Javaniese) 4 7.41%
Something else... (list it) 12 22.22%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-20-2011, 08:27 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
I heard that.

Hehehe Sorry you and Mylene just happen to be the same age

Don't worry, once you hit the big 5-0 then it won't apply to you
Old 01-25-2011, 09:24 PM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsaire View Post
What about a Coeur de pirate style of music for Alizée? It would suit her wonderfully, I think. Coeur de pirate is a Québécois (French-Canadian) act that is quite popular in Québec and France these days. See if you like it:

(added after Edit)

Coeur de pirate doesn’t sound too bad live and in English, s'il vous plait!

Edit:
Oh yeah... Before anyone comes up with the info and some people get all disappointed, if you didn't read the Wiki link above, yes, CDP did some nude pictures when she was younger, and yes, they used to be on the Internet... Not sure they still are.
Ok... I am quoting myself to bring this back to life because I can't believe it got no follow up whatsoever... Not necessarily my type of music, but wouldn’t it suit Alizée nicely? I can even see her pull some nice slower, laidback, romantic dance moves on some of these.

I'll keep quoting myself until someone comments on this (good or bad)... I really will...

Last edited by Corsaire; 01-25-2011 at 09:31 PM..
Old 01-25-2011, 09:53 PM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

Unfortunately female artists pretty much have to wear revealing clothing or be sexually suggestive to be what the media labels as successful. Guys on the other hand can dress or act however they want and it doesn't really matter. It's one of those unfair double standards.

I'm for whatever type of album she wants to do since that's what really matters. But if she wanted to go a different direction I'd say take some of the serious attitude she displayed in UEDS/Psych and do some R&B/hip hop with a bit of pop and rock. Something to get the people jumping in the clubs. I mention the serious attitude because she can pull it off, and it could be a substitute for degrading sexuality. I think a good example is Usher. He goes out there and owns the stage even though he is not a rowdy/loud guy. He is smooth, but serious. He has some classy songs too.

I haven't seen Beyoncé talked about on here (I'm guessing because she is respectable even though she does flaunt her body). I think that is because she acts fierce (Tyra Banks term) and lets people know she is doing what she wants to do. She undoubtedly owns every song she is in. I don't think we've seen Alizeé really reach that "sense" yet with her own music.

We saw some of it in the MJ video but it was kinda misplaced or mismanaged I think, as was some of the dancing. I'd like to see Alizée incorporating the attitude of telling her critics to F off. Give the look that says "I know you want me to take my clothes off but I'm not, so deal with it."

And of course if you have an amped up album your gonna have to dance and we know she can, but she will need choreographers that can insert slick moves/routines in a few of the songs. And for the loud songs I'd say be walking commandingly around the set/stage rather than softly. But all that is for the songs that require the attitude to go along with the beat.

Lastly, the music has to be good enough for all that to come together. Everything will take care of itself after that.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:17 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsaire View Post
Ok... I am quoting myself to bring this back to life because I can't believe it got no follow up whatsoever... Not necessarily my type of music, but wouldn’t it suit Alizée nicely? I can even see her pull some nice slower, laidback, romantic dance moves on some of these.

I'll keep quoting myself until someone comments on this (good or bad)... I really will...

Okay. OKAY. If you insist.

The style seems a little like Lily Allen - a style Alizée has alrady stated she likes. A sassy Alizée would be fun.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:20 AM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Okay. OKAY. If you insist.

The style seems a little like Lily Allen - a style Alizée has alrady stated she likes. A sassy Alizée would be fun.
I don’t really know Lily Allen much, but I guess there could be some similarities...
or maybe I only partly agree because you were the only one to respond to my desperate plea
Old 01-26-2011, 12:25 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

I agree the style would fit Alizee very well although those exact songs seem too adolescent in melody and tone. I don't know what the lyrics were because I can't speak French. Soft ballads and pop with a rock edge with dancing would be great. I also agree she should do music with authority and attitude.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:13 AM
Alizée's Thug Life

severianb is on a distinguished road

I'm sorry Corsiare, It was just too strange to me. I couldn't get into it. It seemed more like a narrative than a song. Not feeling it for myself. Not feeling it for Lilly.

Lilly-Mullet & Do-Rag Appreciation Club Member #2 (member #1 Fevier)
Old 01-26-2011, 09:16 AM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

Well, since electronic sounding music is my favorite, I'm gonna have to go with that. Similar to UEDS, but more lively. Here is a perfect example of the direction I'd love to see her go in. Electronic, pop-ish, a little bit rock but with a smooth and sexy feel.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CBRaBLh1m7k" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>
Old 01-26-2011, 11:00 AM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by severianb View Post
I think you are right. I tend to respectfully disagree with folks who think her career will be done if her next album isn't a hit. She's a singer. She is part of the French music "scene" and it's obvious other artists like her and like working with her. She will keep going, and will no doubt be a big hit again. I worry more about us poor obsessed fans than her!
It's not so much that she wouldn't be able to do another album, it's more that it becomes harder and harder to find people to work with after having failing albums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelixSix View Post
Unfortunately female artists pretty much have to wear revealing clothing or be sexually suggestive to be what the media labels as successful.
Typically true, however if you are truly good and have good material it don't really matter. Just look at say Tarja Turunen who typically wears a full length dress or such.

As for the original question I'll simply agree with Joey, even if it wouldn't fit how she does things generally.

Regards,

Jung

Old 01-26-2011, 11:29 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I enjoyed the music of Coeur de pirate, especially the song Umbrella, and think this is a style that could suit Alizée, but I think a lot of us would like to see her sing more lively music in the hope that she will do some more dancing.

Just to get off topic for a minute. Beatrice (Cdp), is a beautiful girl. Now I know values have changed quite a bit over the years since I was a kid, it's quite acceptable for girls and women to get tatoos, after all it's their own bodies, they're free to do with it what they want, but looking at Coeur de pirate, it seems such a shame what she has done to herself. Maybe to herself, they're a work of art, but to me and I wonder how many others, it's just like the disfiguring of a work of art.

Now Alizée has a few. One of her daughter on her arm and one, her husbands name in hebrew. These are very touching, very loving gestures on her part. Gestures that show how much her family means to her, but they do take away from that natural beauty, that used to leave me muttering to myself "Unbelievably beuatiful!", when ever I would watch En Concert and she was wearing that great white dress. I'd hate to see her get any more in very noticable areas, though in no way will it have any affect on whether her future career is a success or not. The same comment Jung made above about her sexuality applies here. If she is truely good and has good material, it wont really matter.

To get back on topic. There are several styles that would probably work for her. Electronic could have worked for her but CM was such a terrible match for her, that I don't think she'll try going down that road again. It's just what ever style she chooses, she's going to have to find some really good songs to go with it and that will not be an easy thing to do.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 01-26-2011 at 11:32 AM..