Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 02-05-2011, 05:57 AM

Fenris is on a distinguished road

Well, coming late to this discussion and reading through all of it, here is my view of things.
I'm afraid that her career as a singer is pretty much at an end.
Why?
Not because Psych or UEDS have been bad albums. I don't expect her to sell music for the masses or to be a chartbreaker anymore.
The problem is that she is simply not willing to do the job as it is neccessary.
She released an album in 2010 and then...pretty much nothing.
No activity, no promo, no concerts, only one single.
One can't expect to be a respected singer while not singin your own songs at all, to put it simply.
So, why this lack of activity?
I've seen her in Montpellier, she still has the stage presence and the radiance, she still can do it. But she chooses not to.
As Jung has already said, i believe she wants BIG or nothing. Big is no longer an option, and she refuses to do small.
Which is a shame, i have been to a couple of small concerts in france last year and they were all magnificent.
For example i have seen Julie Zenatti in Paris, she's also no big star, album sells moderately at best, and on top of it all she was highly pregnant at the time. Nevertheless she took to the stage, delivered a great show and her fans loved her for it. You should have seen the adoration in their eyes.
That is how you maintain your niche and the support of the public and your fans, by being out there and showing that you care.
That is how you prove that "Je veux durer" is true.

Alizée is not willing to do this and that is why she fails. Honest work, show your passion for what you are doing and people will respect you.

I'm still a fan and i still keep an eye on her, but as long as she is not willing to invest more into her career i don't expect much for the future.

And before you start bashing me, that is not how i wish things to be, but i prefer to attend to reality.

Old 02-05-2011, 07:29 AM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeNY View Post
I would love to see Alizee on a weekly show just being herself, but I think she can do better.

And she also needs to fire her current hairdresser and find the one who did her hair from 2001-2004. I rarely care about those superficial things, but Alizee's cereal bowl haircut makes her only 99% perfect, and I dearly miss that 1%.
Personally, I like it. I almost cut my hair that way because it looked so good on her. Her forehead is a little....long, to not have bangs. The cut suits her.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
Well, coming late to this discussion and reading through all of it, here is my view of things.
Why?
Not because Psych or UEDS have been bad albums. I don't expect her to sell music for the masses or to be a chartbreaker anymore.
The problem is that she is simply not willing to do the job as it is neccessary.
One can't expect to be a respected singer while not singin your own songs at all, to put it simply.
I've seen her in Montpellier, she still has the stage presence and the radiance, she still can do it. But she chooses not to.
As Jung has already said, i believe she wants BIG or nothing. Big is no longer an option, and she refuses to do small.
Which is a shame, i have been to a couple of small concerts in france last year and they were all magnificent.
For example i have seen Julie Zenatti in Paris, she's also no big star, album sells moderately at best, and on top of it all she was highly pregnant at the time. Nevertheless she took to the stage, delivered a great show and her fans loved her for it. You should have seen the adoration in their eyes.
That is how you maintain your niche and the support of the public and your fans, by being out there and showing that you care.

Alizée is not willing to do this and that is why she fails. Honest work, show your passion for what you are doing and people will respect you.

I'm still a fan and i still keep an eye on her, but as long as she is not willing to invest more into her career i don't expect much for the future.

And before you start bashing me, that is not how i wish things to be, but i prefer to attend to reality.
Probably the best and most honest post I've read in a while. You're right on the money.

Last edited by Euphoria; 02-05-2011 at 07:29 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 02-05-2011, 07:41 AM
Super Moderator

Mon Maquis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by severianb View Post
It's pretty hard to dig someone when they provide solid, concrete things to back up their claims. On the other hand, it's pretty much a requirement to be vocally skeptical of someone who doesn't. IMHO.
Maybe people have already provided this information time and time again, but you fail to understand or choose not to read those posts.

It's funny, I never seen you at any of the Alizee concerts, Sony meeting nor in Paris when I am there...but I don't know what I am talking about.

Quote:
Why?

Sooo True....you nailed it.
Old 02-05-2011, 07:47 AM
Mňau ^_^

Fèvier is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mon Maquis View Post
Maybe people have already provided this information time and time again, but you fail to understand or choose not to read those posts.

It's funny, I never seen you at any of the Alizee concerts, Sony meeting nor in Paris when I am there...but I don't know what I am talking about.

Sooo True....you nailed it.
No need to keep up with the attitude MM

And all we can do is wait for her to really get her act together

Old 02-05-2011, 10:09 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Why?

I think the main reason Alizee didn't do much of anythig in 2010 is from what we heard, CM went off on their own tour and she had to wait til they got back to schedule her own tour, but they should have made some preliminary plans for Alizee to do her own concerts and tour, with CM, soon after the album was released. It should have all been pre-arranged and if it wasn't, once again it points to poor management. But it could have been a case where they had no concrete plans in place, they were just watching to see how the album did and would make plans in accordance with how the album was doing, but CM saw the new album wasn't doing well so they decided to beat feet and cut their losses and left Alizee high and dry.

At this point, if Alizee wanted to do smaller venues, she would have had to come up with another band, and that would be time consuming in itself.

So their wasn't much Alizee could have done at this point. It appears CM abandoned her and maybe they were smart in doing so, but it's something she didn't know how to react to. How could she make any plans on her own?
She was waiting for CM to return so she could make plans, then in the mean time the French media comes out and labels her album a flop.

So I can't really blame her for her lack of activity in 2010 and I still deeply believe in her, but major changes need to be made, starting at the top and I firmly believe there will be a day where she will rise to the top of the charts.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 02-05-2011 at 11:04 AM..
Old 02-05-2011, 11:14 AM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

To be a little bit more positive, she still got the luck of being connected with some of the best sellers of the music market .
I mean she's obviously apreciate par JJ Goldman ( is in the "Alice" number, in the Enfoires), one of the biggest artist and producer in France, she's a good friend of Nolween, who just surprised everybody with the very good sale of her last album, friend with Jenifer ( who won the NRJ award ), and apreciated by the BB brunes... well, what I mean it's she still can find the good person to do something new and to relaunch her carreer.

Old 02-05-2011, 12:02 PM

Fenris is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I think the main reason Alizee didn't do much of anythig in 2010 is from what we heard, CM went off on their own tour and she had to wait til they got back to schedule her own tour, but they should have made some preliminary plans for Alizee to do her own concerts and tour, with CM, soon after the album was released. It should have all been pre-arranged and if it wasn't, once again it points to poor management. But it could have been a case where they had no concrete plans in place, they were just watching to see how the album did and would make plans in accordance with how the album was doing, but CM saw the new album wasn't doing well so they decided to beat feet and cut their losses and left Alizee high and dry.

At this point, if Alizee wanted to do smaller venues, she would have had to come up with another band, and that would be time consuming in itself.

So their wasn't much Alizee could have done at this point. It appears CM abandoned her and maybe they were smart in doing so, but it's something she didn't know how to react to. How could she make any plans on her own?
She was waiting for CM to return so she could make plans, then in the mean time the French media comes out and labels her album a flop.

So I can't really blame her for her lack of activity in 2010 and I still deeply believe in her, but major changes need to be made, starting at the top and I firmly believe there will be a day where she will rise to the top of the charts.
Oh come on Scruffy, now it's CM who is reponsible?
No offense, i can understand that her fans defend her, but it's very convenient to put the blame always elsewhere. In 2008 it was the incompetent Concert Manager, and now it's CM?
I remember a pretty early interview with CM in 2010, where they stated that they know nothing of any plans to do a tour with Alizée. Additionally Alizée still talked about a concert in autumn when it was already well known that Rob and CM would be on tour and not be present.
Lastly, as Bigdan said, Alizée is well connected to the french music community and if she wanted she could find dozens of more than qualified musicians who can play her UEDS stuff.

Yeah, she has the talent to play a greater role in the future, but she must be willing to actually work for it.
For example, Christophe Maé, who is a real big Star in France at the moment, will be coming to Munich in April to play in a small club for maybe 200 people.
This man can probably fill the Stade de France, but he is willing to come to Germany where french music is of zero importance and sing for a few hundred people. Is it asked to much of Alizée to show this level of commitment?
Especially when she is a nobody atm?

Old 02-05-2011, 12:47 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

It seems to me that Alizée has been following somewhat the process she learned from her days with Mylène. You record an album, distribute through a major label, do some interviews, TV shows, get radio airplay, do autograph signings and book larger venue concerts. But the world has changed, the music industry has changed, Alizée and her career have changed. Everything is different and maybe Alizée is at a loss of how to operate in this new situation. Maybe it’s not that Alizée wants to do “BIG” or nothing at all. Maybe it’s that she only knows how to do “BIG”. Being that she seems to have a reputation for being stubborn and strong willed, maybe she is struggling to adapt to the new reality of her place in the music business and the paths that are open to her. Then again, maybe she’s not willing to work so hard for what she sees as so little in return.

If or when she figures out how to navigate through this new reality, and if or when she decides whether it’s something that is compatible with her career goals and the life she wants to live, then she might be in a position to make the most of what is possible for her. Personally, I do hope she keeps going. I would miss her voice. But then again, she may have already come to terms with all of this and is simply unwilling to do what is needed because it’s not compatible with her view of how she wants to live her life. It may be frustrating for us, but I guess that’s her prerogative.
Old 02-05-2011, 12:59 PM
Alizée's Thug Life

severianb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
It seems to me that Alizée has been following somewhat the process she learned from her days with Mylène. You record an album, distribute through a major label, do some interviews, TV shows, get radio airplay, do autograph signings and book larger venue concerts. But the world has changed, the music industry has changed, Alizée and her career have changed. Everything is different and maybe Alizée is at a loss of how to operate in this new situation. Maybe it’s not that Alizée wants to do “BIG” or nothing at all. Maybe it’s that she only knows how to do “BIG”. Being that she seems to have a reputation for being stubborn and strong willed, maybe she is struggling to adapt to the new reality of her place in the music business and the paths that are open to her. Then again, maybe she’s not willing to work so hard for what she sees as so little in return.

If or when she figures out how to navigate through this new reality, and if or when she decides whether it’s something that is compatible with her career goals and the life she wants to live, then she might be in a position to make the most of what is possible for her. Personally, I do hope she keeps going. I would miss her voice. But then again, she may have already come to terms with all of this and is simply unwilling to do what is needed because it’s not compatible with her view of how she wants to live her life. It may be frustrating for us, but I guess that’s her prerogative.
Sometimes, someone posts, and just pure truth pours out. I'm proud to be a fan of Alizée and of Lefty.

Lilly-Mullet & Do-Rag Appreciation Club Member #2 (member #1 Fevier)
Old 02-05-2011, 01:04 PM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Once upon a time there was a young teen "girl" who wanted to dance. But the contest didn't offer singles dancing, so the the teen entered as a singer.

Once upon a time, a producer/singer was looking for a young teen "girl" who could connect with songs the producer/singer had written for that genre.

The producer/singer just happened to be see the young teen perform, provided an audition, and a star was born....singing and dancing her way to the top of the world.

For the genre and girl, this is/was once in a lifetime.

Now the teen is a young woman. There is no repeat of the genre and theme. However, there are NEW genres and NEW themes ripe for production. The key is finding them, and finding the ones that both the singer and the fans enjoy. And then finding the packaging (i.e., producer, marketing, choreography, etc.) that is able to bring it all together.

Time will tell. And there are many years to come.