Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Fan Art

Old 02-14-2011, 01:27 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Default Alizée surprised Youtube video insight

About 2 years ago I posted a very short clip on Youtube of Alizee of that little twitch she did when she was surpised by another singer on the first Stars a domicile show, near the end. It was only a few seconds long. Well some one who viewed it asked me about it how it happened so I decided to post a longer video of it so they could see the details for themselves and I called it Alizee - Surprised! The full story.

Well this video has been getting about 20 or 30 hits a day pretty much all the time, but suddenly in the past week it's jumped up to about 500 hits a day. That's quite a jump.

I posted the Youtube insight for this video and below it I posted the insight for another one of my videos, the Moi Lolita Remix that shows more or less what you expect to see on a graph. It started off slow but is steadily climbing up as I guess more people find out about it.

Maybe it's just a glitch. Sometimes a video can have a spike from just a few viewers who watch it numerous times, over and over again, but 500 times? It'll be interesting to see what happens next week. I expect it to drop back down to it's usual level but will post again if it doesn't.
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1R6IudDoBws" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ye5IKdEQK80" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 02-14-2011, 02:04 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

500 hits a day?! That's insane!!! Well, hopefully you are wrong about it dropping down. Hopefullly a ton of people keep viewing it

Aren't you able to see if someone embedded it on a site? It could have got embedded on some forum and everyone started viewing it...
Old 02-15-2011, 03:47 PM

I tracked this thing for the past 24 hours. In that time frame, it had 685 views.
According to insight, the hits aren't coming from it being embedded. They're just from the video itself and related videos.

Of three comments that were posted on it this past week, one was from Russia, one from the Ukraine and the other from Sweden

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 02-15-2011 at 04:43 PM..
Old 02-15-2011, 05:40 PM

MYGOGT is on a distinguished road

Way to reach out there Scruffy!
Old 02-15-2011, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I tracked this thing for the past 24 hours. In that time frame, it had 685 views.
According to insight, the hits aren't coming from it being embedded. They're just from the video itself and related videos.

Of three comments that were posted on it this past week, one was from Russia, one from the Ukraine and the other from Sweden
I don't get how people view your videos so much

Edit:

I finally looked up who this Faudel guy is...so here you guys go if you want to read into it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faudel

Last edited by User22; 02-15-2011 at 09:44 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 02-15-2011, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
I don't get how people view your videos so much

Edit:

I finally looked up who this Faudel guy is...so here you guys go if you want to read into it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faudel
Well I noticed with the 2 videos I did, Alizee surprised and Alizee surprised the full story it seemed most of the people viewing it I believe were people who watched the Stars a domicile 2001 episode, and then clicked on the related video, and most of these viewers were from France and were female. But I have no idea what triggered this surge in viewership.

I have numerous videos on Youtube and nothing has come any where's near the amount of hits this video has had in the past week. I have no idea why the sudden surge. I just hope it keeps up.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:37 PM

I definitely hope it keeps up too Cause if it gets uber popular then people will check out your other videos and Alizee Awareness will occur
Old 02-18-2011, 10:05 PM

I guess I had answered my question before when I said that it was a Youtube featured video. I didn't really know what a featured video was, so I looked up what it is, which I'm showing below plus below that I'm displaying what steps it usually takes to take to try and get a video chosen as a featured video. I didn't do anything to really promote it, but for some reason Youtube chose it. I just hope it stays a featured video. It's great free advertising for Alizee.

YouTube started to display videos from partners at the top of the search results and in the right sidebar. For some reason, YouTube likes to call these videos "featured videos". According to the help center, "featured videos will be primarily populated with videos from YouTube's thousands of partners, but might also include select user videos that are currently popular or that we have previously showcased in Spotlight Videos. (...)

Solicit ratings from other YouTube members and from friends and family. The higher the ratings your video receives, the more likely it is to be featured.
Go to the YouTube Help Center and access the link 'Making, Uploading And Promoting Videos.' Click on 'After Uploading Your Video.' You'll see a section on promoting your video.
Click on the links in the Promoting Your Video section to see YouTube's hints for making your video stand out. Note that the two most important things for making your video popular are ensuring that it has tags and descriptions that allow people to find it and letting people know that it's up there (e.g., via your blog).
Submit Your Video to YouTube Editors for Consideration
Send an email to editor@youtube.com, and attach a link to the YouTube video you would like to have featured. Do not attach the video. It must first be uploaded to the YouTube site.
Explain why you think your submitted video is worthy of being featured. Even if the video hasn't yet received a high rating or a lot of views, the editor may deem it worthy.