Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-09-2011, 10:35 AM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
Seems like a bit of a stretch to me. I mean, I can see the similarities but, I tend to notice more re-used Mylene moves than anything.
Well, I wonder what it would take to convince you then.

So far we have:
- The theme of the song JPVA (French version) is the same as the central theme of Peter Pan.
- Most of the characteristic poses and dance moves in the JPVA video are very reminiscent of Tinker Bell’s poses and moves.
- The “bell” sounds in the JPVA music are very reminiscent of the bell sounds Tinker Bell (the original version) makes while talking or moving.
- The set of the JPVA video is “sprinkled” with sparks when Alizée uses her drumsticks for the first time, very much like Tinker Bell (original version) sprinkled fairy (pixie) dust with her wand.
- At the end of the JPVA video, there are two “Alizées” (two alters), one sitting on the bench (Alizée) and the other one floating in the sky (Tinker Bell).
And, we also have to consider that:
- Walt Disney’s characters, stories and themes are amongst the most exploited memes in mass produced entertainment.
- LB is quite into that sort of game based on infusing is work with occult content.
- In this thread, some of Tinker Bell’s poses and moves have also been noted in other work and interviews from Alizée.
- Alizée had/has an obsession with the Tinker Bell character.
And this is not even scratching the surface of the subject since at its core, there is a reality that ties all this together in one very consistent story where occult, programming and mind control all come together. If one knows about these topics, there is nothing mind shattering about the JPVA/Tinker Bell/Peter Pan concept.

I am actually surprised this has never been documented before.

Last edited by Corsaire; 03-09-2011 at 10:39 AM..
Old 03-10-2011, 03:26 AM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

Well, MF is definitely known for basing songs off of stories and people in history, so its pretty possible.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
Well, MF is definitely known for basing songs off of stories and people in history, so its pretty possible.
Euphoria, in my previous post, I have provided a list of what I believe to be very strong connections to Tinker Bell/Peter Pan. Which items on that list do you actually believe MF was responsible for and on what evidence do you base your opinion?

And BTW... Have you ever heard of Laurent Boutonnat?

Last edited by Corsaire; 03-12-2011 at 12:42 PM..
Old 03-12-2011, 01:33 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

Umm, of course I've heard of him. But he wrote the music and I'm pretty sure he didn't have a big hand in anything else. It's probable he wrote the arrangements for En Concert, but I'm not sure. I'd have to look at the credits.

But just off the top of my head, Tempete is about Napolean. Of Mylene's own songs, Sans Contrefaçon is about the Knight of Eon, Souviens-toi du jour is about the Holocaust, and Je m’ennuie has references to Madame Bovary. There are more but thats just naming a few...

Edit:

Also, I'd like to talk about how this song is rather misunderstood, it is not a song celebrating her teen years. This song is actually rather deep and has some very personal views on love (or at least at the time the song was written). She talks about how she doesn't like dull relationships and doesn't expect a relationship to last forever. She also mentions that when things get dull, it's over, she loses interest. There is also the mention of wanting someone who is a bit detached.

There is also a pretty interesting analysis of a line from another forum that I will credit.

"The lines:
"C'est pas l'histoire d'amour
Qui coule comme l'Adour"

If I am not mistaken, l'Adour is a river in France, which would lead to something like:
"It's not the love story
that flows like (the river) Adour"

Unfortunately, I'm too lazy to confirm this analysis, but I'm pretty sure it's correct. If not, am I 100% certain that there was a French boat called L'Adour that set sail on the Seine in the late 1800's. In either case, there is an explicit river imagery here. The fact that she says that her love is not like a river has implications--a river is considered to be at the mercy of nature; it flows in one general direction only; it, hence, ascribes to a constancy in direction over time. Here, she is implicitly negating all those aspects when applied to her love story...."

Now, I don't think she is talking about her love being unstable, more like unpredictable. It's probably more about wanting an exciting, unconventional life.

Last edited by Euphoria; 03-12-2011 at 01:33 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 03-12-2011, 04:04 PM

Well, contrary to what most people believe, MF was quite the middle of the run type of person before she met LB. She had a few traits that were different from the norm, but nothing major. People tend to see her as a weirdo who dressed up as a boy when she was a teenager. This might have helped to create the persona, but if you read what has been documented about her, nothing could be further from the truth. Most of my childhood friends were nut cases compare to what MF was.

On the opposite, LB was a freight train of unconventional ideas (mixing sexuality, violence, death, mind control, puppets, fairies, Bambi...) that were mostly reused for the creation of MF’s persona. LB made MF and she herself admitted to that fact. BTW, LB is the composer of JPVA and the director of the video. Also, obsession with childhood is characteristic of his work, regardless of what LB might have provided. So, I would say this whole Tinker Bell/Peter Pan thing is quite a lot of LB and not necessarily a lot of MF. Another thing to keep in mind is that a lyricist (MF in this case) is not necessarily the person who selects the themes of the songs he/she writes.

As for the meaning of the song itself, I don’t think it is so much a “celebration of her youth” as it is about the fact that she rejects what typically relates to adult life; stability, compromise, long lasting relationships, long-term oriented decisions, responsibilities... Basically, she refuses to grow up (“Moi j’ai le temps!” – I still have time), which is Peter Pan’s central theme.

Last edited by Corsaire; 03-12-2011 at 04:14 PM..
Old 03-12-2011, 04:24 PM
Ethical

DrSmith is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsaire View Post
As for the meaning of the song itself, I don’t think it is so much a “celebration of her youth” as it is about the fact that she rejects what typically relates to adult life; stability, compromise, long lasting relationships, long-term oriented decisions, responsibilities... Basically, she refuses to grow up (“Moi j’ai le temps!” – I still have time), which is Peter Pan’s central theme.
This theme sounds somewhat familiar…

<object width="640" height="510"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/By4ua9xj8TQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&color1=0xc c2550&amp;color2=0xe87a9f"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/By4ua9xj8TQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&color1=0xc c2550&amp;color2=0xe87a9f" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="510"></embed></object>
Old 03-12-2011, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSmith View Post
Yes, it is a fairly common recurring theme. All Walt Disney’s themes (as well as many children literary work) are fairly common in mass oriented entertainment. I guess you are alluding to the fact that JPVA being based on the same theme, it had to be MF’s ideas in both cases? Is that it? Not to be putting words in your mouth there, docteur…
Old 03-12-2011, 04:51 PM
Ethical

DrSmith is on a distinguished road

Well, Plus Grandir is obviously about not wanting to grow up, and Mylène was quoted as saying «&nbsp;Old age traumatizes me, it's what I wanted to say in the song.&nbsp;» It seems to make sense that the theme in JPVA comes from Mylène's own inspiration.
Old 03-12-2011, 05:05 PM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Well, Plus Grandir is obviously about not wanting to grow up, and Mylène was quoted as saying «&nbsp;Old age traumatizes me, it's what I wanted to say in the song.&nbsp;» It seems to make sense that the theme in JPVA comes from Mylène's own inspiration.

Its really seems to me that thoses song are the 2 faces of a same inspiration. One on the dark side for a young Mylène ( "I don't want to grow up, its scaring to get old" ) the other on the happy side ( I don't want to grow up, being young is fun !).
Following this , we could see the all " Alizee concept" by Mylene and Laurent as a " younger and happy Mylène"
And I think we get something here...

Last edited by Bigdan; 03-12-2011 at 05:18 PM..
Old 03-12-2011, 06:35 PM

babyblue558 is on a distinguished road

Quote:

<object width="640" height="510"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/By4ua9xj8TQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&color1=0xc c2550&amp;color2=0xe87a9f"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/By4ua9xj8TQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&color1=0xc c2550&amp;color2=0xe87a9f" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="510"></embed></object>
80s Mylène sure had an *eccentric* taste in clothes