Originally Posted by Fèvier View Post
I feel like I carried over the argument. I iz sorry
Nonsense; you did nothing man.

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 05-05-2011, 01:35 PM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Default .

Last edited by FanDeAliFee; 12-17-2011 at 01:41 AM..
Old 05-05-2011, 06:44 PM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanDeAliFee View Post
Without regard to the topic per se, please do create one (or more) new discussion group(s) at Google Groups (or some similar free and reliable infrastructure provider). Then PM people at AAm whom you want to join you there - and with the leave of the AAm moderators, even post an open invitation in one or more AAm forums. By using the AAm communication system, you can VERIFY the new identity familiar people will use at the alien venue to participate. You can continue archived multilateral conversation with people you know here about pretty much anything - just not here.
That's a good idea but if I made an outside discussion group I'm pretty certain that no more than 3 or 4 people would join. And those would likely be new users who haven't read my posts lol.

But it's too much effort just to make a group and get members when it only takes seconds to make a comment on here where anybody can respond.

I'm not gonna join an outside group just to talk about a couple things like Bin Laden. And if I did join the others would be like ughh not him. That's just the truth.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:12 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelixSix View Post
That's a good idea but if I made an outside discussion group I'm pretty certain that no more than 3 or 4 people would join. And those would likely be new users who haven't read my posts lol.

But it's too much effort just to make a group and get members when it only takes seconds to make a comment on here where anybody can respond.

I'm not gonna join an outside group just to talk about a couple things like Bin Laden. And if I did join the others would be like ughh not him. That's just the truth.
If it's not worth your effort to set up such a discussion in an appropriate venue, then it is hardly worth my effort to moderate such a discussion here.
Old 05-06-2011, 03:13 AM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
If it's not worth your effort to set up such a discussion in an appropriate venue, then it is hardly worth my effort to moderate such a discussion here.
Yeah it takes a lot of effort to lock a thread. I don't know how many mouse clicks it takes but it must be exhausting...

Usually I've respected the mods on here more than other places because they don't interfere very much, but the idea that you guys put in any effort other than what happens in PM's is a joke. Heck I can at least give Scruffy some props for going the extra 5 seconds to give me an infraction even though it was unwarranted.

I think it would be a lot easier if I was just given the duty of moderating a political thread on here so I could feel important and have the power of corruption at my fingertips whenever I chose to use it even though I wouldn't really do anything at all except put a title under my name and act like I work hard. The difference with me is I wouldn't do anything because the thread wouldn't/shouldn't need to be moderated. People need a thread where they can actually have free speech and express themselves.
Old 05-06-2011, 04:09 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
@Junkmale, you didn't cause a fuss. But I think your point was valid. And yes, now I remember the thread, thanks.

I've been around here since 2006 and it seems that almost every time we have given a controversial thread a chance to stay open for a while, it has ended up becoming extremely nasty and eventually is closed. So yes, we are more apt to close them more quickly now. The one exception I can think of was the MDO thread, but it was a discussion about Alizée's career and not off-topic. We have a very poor track record here overall, of being able to maintain civility when a controversial subject is involved. Whereas that kind of atmosphere may be normal and acceptable for sites dedicated to such discussions, I just don't think it is here. The anger that develops tends to creep into other threads.

As Azhiri said, there are many places on the internet to have these discussions. If we all wanted to talk together more about these issues, maybe someone can post a link to such a site where we all can go for that purpose. I believe Deepwaters once posted a link to a site, but I can't recall right now what it was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsaire View Post
Again, this is not how it works FRA.

You cannot try to make a thread just enough of what you want it to be and then impose on others to not transgress a rule that you, yourself, have transgressed. My own assessment is that the thread was already politically tinted. You do not seem to agree with this, but that does not make your opinion more valid than mine.

Before I intervened, it was asked three or four times by two different members why the thread was allowed to continue. There was no follow up. Well, if it was to continue (and I really did not have a problem with that), I think it is fairly obvious that others were then allowed to provide a different view on this complex topic. Of course, I did understand that this would most probably push the thread over the edge, but you know what, to my assessment, this was a fairer outcome than letting it continue with a member attempting to unofficially moderate the content.

As for this reprimand you believe I so well deserve, I am sorry to let you know that so far, all I received are praises. You see, sometimes, the world just seems to work differently from what we expect.

Certainly no hard feelings on my part and I hope you feel the same.

Wisdom. Dropping like a gentle rain on a parched terrain. Like Corsaire said, FRA and Helix, we can't start a potentially-controversial thread and then not allow opposing viewpoints. Or else, as Lefty indicates, we're probably better off without any such threads in the first place here. We're all friends here, united around our driving purpose (Alizée), and if a topic is raised that has nothing to do with her, well, anything can happen. You might find that your best friends disagree with you. Either accept that as a possibility, or else THINK REALLY, REALLY HARD about it before you start typing away. Basically, like any forum, we're posting here to get feedback. Not 100% agreement. I don't know of any forum that just offers concurrence.

As Corsaire just (re)mentioned, it might be good if they could set up certain threads to be members-only. But I don't know if the software allows for that. So until then, remember that Alizée doesn't like guns or war. And, come to think of it, I don't either.

Last edited by Chuck; 05-06-2011 at 04:13 AM..
Old 05-06-2011, 07:41 AM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Yeah it takes a lot of effort to lock a thread. I don't know how many mouse clicks it takes but it must be exhausting...
You've made a complaint and you were provided with a great solution. If you're not going to follow it then I don't see the point of continuing to complain.

Quote:
Usually I've respected the mods on here more than other places because they don't interfere very much, but the idea that you guys put in any effort other than what happens in PM's is a joke. Heck I can at least give Scruffy some props for going the extra 5 seconds to give me an infraction even though it was unwarranted.

I think it would be a lot easier if I was just given the duty of moderating a political thread on here so I could feel important and have the power of corruption at my fingertips whenever I chose to use it even though I wouldn't really do anything at all except put a title under my name and act like I work hard. The difference with me is I wouldn't do anything because the thread wouldn't/shouldn't need to be moderated. People need a thread where they can actually have free speech and express themselves.
If that's how you feel...

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 05-06-2011, 08:30 AM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
He's gotta deal with everything that's going on cause someone feels buthurt now right?

There are guidelines for a reason and if you try to divert them for one or two situations why do we have those guidelines in the first place?

It has been tried before, and it has always failed, because everyone here has such varying opinions on such that most people will never get along. It just leads to people not liking each other, cause if you haven't noticed most people get upset if someone doesn't agree with everyone else.

Regards,

Jung

Old 05-06-2011, 08:50 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

lol

this whole argument has been just one giant tl;dr

- I woke up exactly one minute before my alarm like a boss
Old 05-06-2011, 04:58 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Wisdom. Dropping like a gentle rain on a parched terrain. Like Corsaire said, FRA and Helix, we can't start a potentially-controversial thread and then not allow opposing viewpoints. Or else, as Lefty indicates, we're probably better off without any such threads in the first place here. We're all friends here, united around our driving purpose (Alizée), and if a topic is raised that has nothing to do with her, well, anything can happen. You might find that your best friends disagree with you. Either accept that as a possibility, or else THINK REALLY, REALLY HARD about it before you start typing away. Basically, like any forum, we're posting here to get feedback. Not 100% agreement. I don't know of any forum that just offers concurrence.

As Corsaire just (re)mentioned, it might be good if they could set up certain threads to be members-only. But I don't know if the software allows for that. So until then, remember that Alizée doesn't like guns or war. And, come to think of it, I don't either.
Look at the thread again.... you will see I did not start it... cheers~

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!