Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 06:16 PM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

I think that now is the time for this thread to be locked before we get any more essays on Corsican Customs or US Federal Tax Laws.
Scruffy or Brian can easily PM those who have contributed and who are directly involved.

P.S. Love your TV Dave!!!

Last edited by Junkmale; 08-15-2011 at 06:21 PM..
Old 08-15-2011, 06:40 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

There was no neeed for elaborate planning. It should have been a very simple process. We contact the charity that Alizee is raising money for by the auction of the toy and offer to make a donation in Alizee's name. It may have been rushed to have it done by the time the auction ended, but no elaborate planning was necessary, no weeks of preperations. It should have been a very simple process, but then everything went wrong.

First our messages to the two facebook pages and one e-mail link were never answered.

When we didn't hear directly from the charities, against our wishes, we decided to get Alizee involved and I sent her a message through e-bay, that was translated by Google translate.Because of character limitations on the e bay site, I could only send the French part of the message.

After that I was informed of another contact, Marie-Paule so I also sent her a message that I translated using Google translate.

Marie Paule sent me the following e-mail.

hello
very nice of you you can send your donation by check al order of my address Renucci Jean Baptiste
thank you again for your support
Marie Paule

Alizee.officiel sent me the following message.
Hello,
First of all thank you for your message!
For the donation, two options either by check in the name of John Baptist or by paypal.

Let us Know!

Again, thank you!
Team Alizée

With the message to Alizee.officiel, due to character limitations in e bay messages, I was able to only send the French version of the message, mentioning I don't speak French and that I used Google translate to translate the message and apparently they had no trouble understanding the message and it's possible they used Google translate to answer me.

With Marie Paule, I was able to send both the English and French version of my messages. I don't which one she understood, but in both cases there was no problem with communication. It wasn't the big mess that you are portraying it to be.

At this point, it wasn't a very complicated process at all. We weren't able to communicate with the original people we desired to, but then we tried some other contacts including Alizee and had good communications. The problems came after this when Alizee was removed as the sponsor, apparently by Marie Paule and we heard that the father of Jean Baptiste would no longer accept donations.
Nobody could have predicted that, certainly not from over 3,000 miles away. It certainly isn't the complicated mess you portrayed it to be, at least not at this point.
Now we wonder why we are not able to communicate with Alizee. I don't think it's because of Google translate I tried to make my messages simple and if there are some misinterpretations which I'm sure there are, I'm sure she's smart enough to put 2 and 2 together.

But it could be a case where she chooses not to get involved after being removed as the sponsor. After what happened she may not want anything to do with the people who are running the charity, or it may be a case of she's on vacation. School will ge starting up soon and she'll have to start working on her new album, so now is a good time for an extended stay in Corsica.and when she gets back to Paris, she'll deal with "work" related issues such as this.

As far as discussing things privately in this forum. Here you mention private from non-members, but in the past there are cases where you've mentioned younger members. We've always done things open and above board here and will continue to do so.

Edit:

Doc's..............I mean Seicle's posts can be so long at times, almost as long as mine, I sometimes need a strong cup of coffee in the middle. If I read his post correctly, he indicates that the family's restaurant has not done that well in recent years and it also seems to indicate the national health care plan probably falls far short of paying all of Jean Baptiste's medical bills, so the family may be in financial need.

Corsaire says we rushed into this and in a way we did, but it should have been a very quick and easy process.

I say we make one more attempt at communication with Alizee.officiel. If that doesn't work, I say we take our time as Corsaire seems to think we shoud do and in the next several weeks, we try and confirm whether this family is in fiinancial need or not. If it is, I have vacation scheduled in the middle of october. I will fly over and hand deliver our donation to Jean-Baptiste's father along with a letter put together by members of this forum and translated by one of our French speaking members (provided nothing changes with my job) explaining what and why we are doing it.

EDIT : EDIT :

This plan was put together by me and Brian01.
It was a simple plan in the beginning that should have been over as quickly as it had started.
Now things have gone wrong and me and Brian take full responsibility for that.
It's easy for people to say we should have done this or we should have done that.
But instead of taking that easy road of dumping on us, I urge members here to try and help in salvaging this effort. If you have any useful advice please post it or pm me or Brian.
Like I said, sitting back and criticizing is easy. Take the hard road and help us find a way to get this done.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 08-15-2011 at 08:32 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 08-15-2011, 11:54 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

I know a lot of people will hate me for doing this, but it must be done. Send me a PM raging at me if you want. But several mods have contacted me saying to shut down any posts going over the line, so I'm being proactive in not letting any posts go over the line.

So if you have something against someone, PM them and work it out.

If you need to contact someone about donation information, PM them.

Once Alizee replies to ScruffyDog, we will re-open this thread with the news.

I believe that is fair enough.

Edit:

We're going in circles while waiting on this e-mail by the way, so let's stop circling and be patient, it's best if we all cool off.

Last edited by User22; 08-16-2011 at 01:12 AM..
Old 08-16-2011, 05:19 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

We've decided to open this thread again in hopes that things have cooled down a bit. Let's keep it civil.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:26 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I was against closing the thread, but if mods felt at the previous point or some point in the future, that's what's best for the forum, then so be it.

At the start of this effort, Brian01 and me tried posting to a few links that didn't respond to us.
Then we posted to Alizee and another link which was provided to us at a late stage.
We were able to communicate our message to both these links and it seemed like we were near a succesful end.
Then Alizee was removed as sponsor and the father of Jean-Baptiste requested donations be stopped, events none of us could have anticiapted.

Now we're having trouble bringing this to a successful end.

As I said at the end of my last long winded post and again I'll say it now. It's easy for someone to sit back and criticize how and when we should have done things. It's much harder to try and think of a way to bring this to a successful conclusion.

Brian01 was the brainchild of this effort, and I quickly jumped on board. I think we've heard just about every criticism that could be offered at this point. Now I'm asking members to take the hard road and help us in finding a way to get this done.

Again I state that any member who wants their donation back, please contact one of us. My inbox has been filling up so quick, I can not empty it fast enough and when it's full, I can not recieve messages. In this case, even though I'm the one holding the money, please pm Brian, because we keep in touch one way or another everyday and we will promptly send your money back to you in a very private and very quick manner. As of today, nobody has asked for their money back.

But the both of us are working on this as hard as ever, and we have no intention of giving up the fight.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 08-16-2011 at 06:34 PM..
Old 08-16-2011, 07:00 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

I decided to step back for a couple of days to sort of clear my mind with all of these. I want to say I still support this effort and hope for its successful conclusion.

Also, I'd like to welcome back Corsaire. He and BigDan can really help us with this. I hope we take advantage of his well-intentioned offer. I also hope that he stays with us for a long time. His wisdom is very much needed and appreciated here.
Old 08-17-2011, 01:49 PM
psychedelices Depuis '67

JEP is on a distinguished road

Since I Was One Of The First Members To Donate, I Still Want Scruffy And Brian01 To Look After Donating The Money To A Worthwhile Cause In Alizees Name. You Guys Are Doing A Great Job Thanx.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:56 PM

BrianO1 is on a distinguished road

Hey all!

The plan of contacting her again via e-bay, and facebook is still a valid plan, but we also have another avenue of contact we are thinking of trying. See if it works out!

Just wanted to give you guys an update, we are still working as hard as ever on this!

Last edited by BrianO1; 08-18-2011 at 09:01 PM..
Old 08-18-2011, 10:18 PM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road
Default I think I'll just drop this here.

I love Alizeé, and I really *like* this forum, but, sometimes you guys:

Need to keep in mind a simple rule: Respect Each Other, DAMMIT!

"Most men serve the state thus: Not as men mainly, but as machines . . . "
Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience
Old 08-20-2011, 05:06 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

I just returned. I will admit that I have not read everything above, but the essence I believe I understand is that we are still trying to figure out what to do.

Let me suggest the following (if you have not already done it):

Agree that we will be donating to something. Alizée already acknowledged that we are donating - we simply can't pull out at this time without looking bad.

Contact them (the Alizee Team) one more time (I understand this may not be easy) and request confirmation of either continuing to donate to the original cause or another one of their suggestion, and simply explain that we simply don't understand what is going on over there, and that, as of the time of their acknowledgement, we had not yet sent the money due to confusion on who to send it to. Then, assuming we get an answer, act on it immediately.

I know this is a simplisitic description, but if we can simply agree on this then the details will work themselves out.

PS - Again, I appologize if I do not have the correct current understanding of the situation.