TIWAZ
REV
BEN
TOC DE MAC
JAKE
Aaronius31
SlipshodDread

Thank you all so much!

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

There have been a few times that Scruffy and other have tried to come up with a way we can raise some money in Lili's name.

With the current auction Alizée is doing, now may be a good time to try again!

Scruff and I were talking about it, and it seems the problems with the past ideas for raising money in Lili's name, were mainly us not knowing how Alizée would feel about it. This time, we KNOW Lili wants to raise money for the Jean Baptiste group, and we KNOW she is including her fans in raising that money, by having that facebook auction.

Now the only problem with the auction, is that only ONE person can give money. Who ever bids the most, gets the toy. So while many fans want to give money, in the end, only ONE will.

We were thinking this would be a way for us to raise some extra money, to give to the group, ON TOP of what Lili makes.

Scruff and I thought this would be a good way to do a few things:

1. thank Lili again for the autograph session she did for this forum
2. Help Lili do something great, and raise some money for a good cause
3. Remind Lili that she has some amazing fans here in the U.S.

So what do you guys think? If you guys like the idea, we can try to contact the Jean Baptiste group through their facebook page. But we didnt want to start setting stuff up until we got some input from everyone else.

What do you guys think about this?

Last edited by Azhiri; 09-16-2011 at 08:10 AM..
Old 08-01-2011, 08:20 AM

SlipshodDread is on a distinguished road

you could make a "pot" that people could donate to, then after a week or whatever donate the entire pot to the charity, if that makes sense.

I would chip into it if I do not happen to win the toy.

However you would need to get someone who actually speaks to Alizée directly in order to do some of what you have proposed, and I dont think she replies to fans on her page.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:02 AM

BlackAnthem is on a distinguished road

Do we even have to do it in her name?? Couldn't we say "from the members of the Alizée America Community"? I mean her name is in it, so technically...you know? And I wouldn't think you would need to contact Jean Baptiste. I think we could just send them a donation. Not sure...but just my thoughts!

Anyway it's an amazing idea and I would love to donate whatever I'm able to! Maybe have the "pot" for more than a week.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAnthem View Post
Do we even have to do it in her name?? Couldn't we say "from the members of the Alizée America Community"? I mean her name is in it, so technically...you know? And I wouldn't think you would need to contact Jean Baptiste. I think we could just send them a donation. Not sure...but just my thoughts!

Anyway it's an amazing idea and I would love to donate whatever I'm able to! Maybe have the "pot" for more than a week.

Depends, if you want to include a note to Alizée then you kind of have to direct it to her anyway.

Also the week thing was just a suggestion, it merely depends on how much and how many people want/are going to donate
Old 08-01-2011, 09:45 AM

BlackAnthem is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipshodDread View Post
Depends, if you want to include a note to Alizée then you kind of have to direct it to her anyway.

Also the week thing was just a suggestion, it merely depends on how much and how many people want/are going to donate
Good point. Haha! Let's see how much support we get.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:49 AM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

Why not just ask her what her favourite Charity is?
Most 'celebrities' support Charities in some form or another?
Would it not be simpler to find out and then make a regular donation to a Charity of her choice?
Old 08-01-2011, 11:23 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Man this is a great idea guys! My 2 cents is that if we raise enough money to crest what the auction on Alizee's ebay is at, then we can simply buy the toy and everything would be easier. But then again...the toy is at €300 and that's a ton of money to raise since its really like $400.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Man this is a great idea guys! My 2 cents is that if we raise enough money to crest what the auction on Alizee's ebay is at, then we can simply buy the toy and everything would be easier. But then again...the toy is at €300 and that's a ton of money to raise since its really like $400.

More like $450+

I've been bidding on it during the day and got it back up to 301 euros (i'm winning atm).

Also it would have to be raised within the next 4 days in order for it to be placed on the item. It would be easier to just make a donation once everyone who wants to donate has chipped in.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:11 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

true true slipshod
Old 08-01-2011, 03:22 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

I'm in for 100€, between Scruffy and me we are 1/3 of the way towards the 1,000€. If another twenty members were to cough up $50 each we have more than the original 1,000€ goal.