Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 11:43 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road
Default Robandsandy

I was mid-necromancing when I noticed that Robandsandy got banned? How did this happen? According to his facebook activities, he's still quite pumped about Alizée.

Old 12-15-2011, 12:16 AM
Alizée's Thug Life

severianb is on a distinguished road

I think one of the former Alizee fans who still hang around the board and troll.. (you know who they are) pushed the right buttons and made him lash out. IMHO, it's the trolls who should be banned, but whatever.

Lilly-Mullet & Do-Rag Appreciation Club Member #2 (member #1 Fevier)
Old 12-15-2011, 12:24 AM

Well I mean if he got banned, a moderator had to do it right? So which mod did it, and for what reason? What type of drama has been occurring during my absence?

Old 12-15-2011, 12:29 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

A certain "mademoiselle" pushed his buttons!

We missed you Robandsandy.
He's actually one of the nicest guys here that I know of. May be I'll try to find him on fb.

PS: Another one that I don't understand is: Why is RMJ banned here as well? I mean, with all the contributions that he has made, he should have been "pardoned" for whatever he did that got him banned. I don't mean to bring out the past but may be someone could just pm me?
Old 12-15-2011, 12:40 AM

So what exactly did he do to get banned? And who did he get into a quarrel with? I'm assuming this "mademoiselle" got banned as well?

Old 12-15-2011, 01:44 AM

Yeah, I was given in the inside scoop.

I just want to say that it seems unfair that he was banned while the other was not. I understand that it was Rob who issued the threats, but seeing as how he's usually one of the most chipper and Alizée-obssessed fans who usually just blurts out how much he loves Alizée, shouldn't the one who pushed him to that point also be banned? Or neither be banned?

(And trust me, I know what it's like to deal with trolls.. try being an animal science major in a room full of animal rights activists! utter nightmare)

Old 12-15-2011, 05:59 AM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
I just want to say that it seems unfair that he was banned while the other was not. I understand that it was Rob who issued the threats, but seeing as how he's usually one of the most chipper and Alizée-obssessed fans who usually just blurts out how much he loves Alizée, shouldn't the one who pushed him to that point also be banned? Or neither be banned?

(And trust me, I know what it's like to deal with trolls.. try being an animal science major in a room full of animal rights activists! utter nightmare)
So an emotionally unstable person issuing threats should get preferential or equal treatment to the one under attack?

It sounds like you are automatically referring to the victim as a troll. If somebody is fragile and reckless enough to react with threats in a forum they likely shouldn't have been there to begin with.

In the past I've compared users like that to a husband who proclaims his love for his wife every day then gets drunk one night and beats her unconscious. The next day he apologizes and buys her jewelry but the cycle never stops. A few members are still around here simply because some think all their expressed "love" or past contributions excuse them from any offenses.
Old 12-15-2011, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelixSix View Post
So an emotionally unstable person issuing threats should get preferential or equal treatment to the one under attack?

It sounds like you are automatically referring to the victim as a troll. If somebody is fragile and reckless enough to react with threats in a forum they likely shouldn't have been there to begin with.

In the past I've compared users like that to a husband who proclaims his love for his wife every day then gets drunk one night and beats her unconscious. The next day he apologizes and buys her jewelry but the cycle never stops. A few members are still around here simply because some think all their expressed "love" or past contributions excuse them from any offenses.
I don't think one incident makes someone emotionally unstable. Besides, this is the internet. A prime example is youtube. If comments left on a website reflected true intent, the world would be filled with nothing but racists and sexual deviants, which the world is not.

Besides, the expressed "love" here is simply fandom, no matter how often it's said. To compare that love to that of a husband's proclamation to his wife.. well if someone here truly loves Alizée like a wife..

(For the record though, I'm not excusing the behavior of said drunken beating husband)

Anyways, this happened a while ago. I wasn't here when it happened, and I certainly don't want to get banned or labeled as "emotionally unstable", so I'm just going to drop this.

Old 12-15-2011, 05:35 PM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
I don't think one incident makes someone emotionally unstable. Besides, this is the internet. A prime example is youtube. If comments left on a website reflected true intent, the world would be filled with nothing but racists and sexual deviants, which the world is not.

Besides, the expressed "love" here is simply fandom, no matter how often it's said. To compare that love to that of a husband's proclamation to his wife.. well if someone here truly loves Alizée like a wife..

(For the record though, I'm not excusing the behavior of said drunken beating husband)

Anyways, this happened a while ago. I wasn't here when it happened, and I certainly don't want to get banned or labeled as "emotionally unstable", so I'm just going to drop this.
I'm not referring to you as unstable or anything like that. I'm just saying it appeared that you made the connection that because Rob got banned the person who caused him to issue the threats is therefore a troll.

The reason I bring up that situation is because it happens here sometimes. People "love" Alizée and express it so much (often in strange ways) but when she or someone in the forum does something they don't like all that love turns into savage hate. This is when they will defend themselves with "it's just constructive criticism" but if it were real life they'd be paying for their victims' reconstructive surgery. It's like a guy beating his wife and saying, "I'm just trying to help you understand, I still love you."

And yeah this is the internet but I'd like to think this forum is/was a notch up. Anyway loads of people have gotten pardons here (mostly mods pardoning each other) so Rob must have crossed the line pretty bad.
Old 12-15-2011, 07:01 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelixSix View Post
First of all, I agree, Robandsandy went overboard with his reaction and I don't condone it. However, I truly believe that he didn't really mean it. It was most likely a "heat of passion" thing. I don't know him personally. However, like Wasabi pointed out, we know that most people, if not all, say things on the internet that they probably wouldn't say to others in real life.

I see what you're trying to say, but I don't agree with your analogy. Had Robandsandy directed that threat to Alizee, then, yes, that would be an accurate analogy. However, that was not the case at all. Let's not forget there were three parties invloved here. It's more like one man was expressing his love or admiration towards a woman and here comes another woman insulting him, telling him to stop expressing his love for her and calling him creepy or some other names.

I'm sure anybody would be upset if that happens to them - though probably not everyone would threaten that person.
Closed Thread