Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 12-21-2011, 04:34 AM

WhiteFeather is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi Driver Aaron View Post
The colt SAA is a classic, but I prefer to live modern. The 1911 is my favorite....
I'm kind of a history junkie, especially military history. The Cold SAA, Winchester levers, all those wild west guns just have that history and allure that many modern guns do not have. Take the SAA. Bring that up, and you get grand pictures of cowboys and Indians, wide open plains, sheriffs and high noon showdowns. What do you get with something like a Desert Eagle? Some fat kid playing Call of Duty in his parents' basement.

I will agree with you though, the 1911 is one awesome weapon, and is definitely one of, if not, my favorite.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:43 AM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
The colt SAA is a classic, but I prefer to live modern. The 1911 is my favorite....
It is only 100 years old I suppose . A fine handgun, I like mine to have a slight slide to frame rattle. A little less accurate, but should never jam, clean or dirty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteFeather View Post
I'm kind of a history junkie, especially military history. The Cold SAA, Winchester levers, all those wild west guns just have that history and allure that many modern guns do not have. Take the SAA. Bring that up, and you get grand pictures of cowboys and Indians, wide open plains, sheriffs and high noon showdowns. What do you get with something like a Desert Eagle? Some fat kid playing Call of Duty in his parents' basement.

I will agree with you though, the 1911 is one awesome weapon, and is definitely one of, if not, my favorite.
I usually simply go for build quality and utter reliability, really don't care what people think of them . Oddly I'm not a huge Desert Eagle fan, however I really like shooting them and the design is quite impressive. I'd never get one in .50 AE though. I usually prefer a double action revolver, but that is simply for speed and functionality. Steel frames still rule the roost in my opinion, as I like the lighter recoil for as often as I like to shoot. I can deal with carrying the little extra weight.

Regards,

Jung

Old 12-21-2011, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
I usually simply go for build quality and utter reliability, really don't care what people think of them .
That goes without saying, I think. The old Wild West guns just have that added bonus of being cool, and good shooters. But I agree, in that you should get a gun based on what you need, not how you look.

I saw a guy at the gun shop when I was picking up my .308, who wanted a totally decked out Smith and Wesson MP-15 with the EOTech, slings, flashlights, foregrips, dual magazine clips, you name it, he wanted it. And you could tell, this guy was getting it to show off (because he actually said it).

Same at the place I trap shoot. You see these guys whip out these thousands of dollars shotguns... and I'M outshooting them with my $270 Remington 870.

And if you haven't noticed, Yes, I am a little biased towards the Desert Eagle in that I HATE the son of a gun.
Old 12-21-2011, 08:26 AM
D[e]mon of the Fall

Yeah I can do $500 setup rifles that will compete with $2000 rifles. the biggest part imho is finding the particular guns favorite load and sticking with it. Also if you know your rifle you will shoot it much better. The Tacticool guns are what I don't really like, most people don't use a single thing they have hanging off of their rifle. If my PTR didn't come with that railed handguard I'd have simply put a swivel on a nice wood stock for the bipod (which I still may do I like to old wood G3 looks). One of these days I'm gonna get me a nice lightweight Levergun in .357 for those walks, until then I have to tote at least a 8 pound gun and usually closer to the 12 pound mark . Those heavy guns certainly tame recoil though, but a .357 shouldn't be too bad even if I load 'em hot.

Regards,

Jung

Old 12-21-2011, 12:46 PM
Take me to Lilly Town

Taxi Driver Aaron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
It is only 100 years old I suppose . A fine handgun, I like mine to have a slight slide to frame rattle. A little less accurate, but should never jam, clean or dirty.
Oh I wasn't calling the 1911 a modern gun... I prefer modern guns... but the 1911 is still my favorite.

Old 12-21-2011, 05:52 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

Quote:
Oh I wasn't calling the 1911 a modern gun... I prefer modern guns... but the 1911 is still my favorite.
I do rather like my 1911 Commander model, however I'd take the S&W 686+ over it anyday. More accurate, reliable, and dare I say as fast, also has a better round to boot IMHO.

Regards,

Jung

Old 12-22-2011, 03:05 PM

Quote:
I do rather like my 1911 Commander model, however I'd take the S&W 686+ over it anyday. More accurate, reliable, and dare I say as fast, also has a better round to boot IMHO.

Regards,

Jung
If you want, I can take that 1911 off your hands for a nominal fee...

Last edited by WhiteFeather; 12-22-2011 at 03:11 PM..
Old 12-22-2011, 04:11 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteFeather View Post
If you want, I can take that 1911 off your hands for a nominal fee...
if ya give me 750 USD I'll send it to ya

Regards,

Jung

Old 12-22-2011, 04:25 PM

Quote:
if ya give me 750 USD I'll send it to ya

Regards,

Jung
Seeing as retail is around $500, I think I'll pass.

Toying with my heart...
Old 12-22-2011, 10:59 PM
Take me to Lilly Town

Taxi Driver Aaron is on a distinguished road