Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-03-2012, 04:26 PM

Aldighieri is on a distinguished road

Pardon me, I'm Italian. I like very much Laura (mostly as woman) but i think she is overrated in Italy and maybe in latina america. She has got powerful voice but don't think she is so expressive as Alizee is. Don't think the quality of Laura songs(text or music) is so high, compared to Alizee. A. is pure pop, and so Laura, more romantic maybe...
If you want to taste the best female vocalist about Italy, try also Giorgia (Giorgia Todrani) and Elisa (Elisa Toffoli english/italian language songs).They are also songwriters, musicians, and btw very beautiful women..
Old 01-04-2012, 04:29 PM

ptjmwa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldighieri View Post
Pardon me, I'm Italian. I like very much Laura (mostly as woman) but i think she is overrated in Italy and maybe in latina america. She has got powerful voice but don't think she is so expressive as Alizee is. Don't think the quality of Laura songs(text or music) is so high, compared to Alizee. A. is pure pop, and so Laura, more romantic maybe...
If you want to taste the best female vocalist about Italy, try also Giorgia (Giorgia Todrani) and Elisa (Elisa Toffoli english/italian language songs).They are also songwriters, musicians, and btw very beautiful women..
Ok. Alizee's songs have no meaning. So I don't know how they're of better quality than Laura's. Specially, since she has better producers and more resources than Alizee. Plus, Laura is not overrated, we just appreciate her awesomeness. Furthermore, I have heard of Giorgia. I don't really like how she sings. Her only song that I like is Gocce di memoria. As far as Elisa goes, I do like how she sings. My favorite Elisa song is Away. Well, and maybe Sometime ago.

Ps. Please don't kill me people. I still like Alizee. But, Laura is better.....
Old 01-04-2012, 04:46 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptjmwa View Post
Ok. Alizee's songs have no meaning.
Not sure if troll, or just being an ass.

Quote:
Ps. Please don't kill me people. I still like Alizee. But, Laura is better.....
Then don't leave flaming comments such as that.

Old 01-04-2012, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
Not sure if troll, or just being an ass.

Then don't leave flaming comments such as that.
I'm not being an ass. I'm being honest. I like Alizee's fun pop songs, but that doesn't mean that I'm going to pretend that they're deep. They're not. They're about a fish and stuff. So, I stand by what I previously said.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:05 PM

Quote:
I'm not being an ass. I'm being honest. I like Alizee's fun pop songs, but that doesn't mean that I'm going to pretend that they're deep. They're not. They're about a fish and stuff. So, I stand by what I previously said.
Oh right. My mistake. Gulliver's Travels is simply about talking horses and tiny people, Fahrenheit 451 is just about firemen and robotic dogs, and A Modest Proposal is about eating babies.

How silly of me to look beyond the obvious literal meaning.

Old 01-04-2012, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Oh right. My mistake. Gulliver's Travels is simply about talking horses and tiny people, Fahrenheit 451 is just about firemen and robotic dogs, and A Modest Proposal is about eating babies.

How silly of me to look beyond the obvious literal meaning.
No. I know that the writer was being sarcastic in A modest proposal and that he was actually offering other solutions to the problem. I'm not stupid. I know that things aren't always meant to be taken literally. But, I still don't see how Alizee's songs are deep. Maybe you can explain it to me and then I might change my mind.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:22 PM

Quote:
No. I know that the writer was being sarcastic in A modest proposal and that he was actually offering other solutions to the problem. I'm not stupid. I know that things aren't always meant to be taken literally. But, I still don't see how Alizee's songs are deep. Maybe you can explain it to me and then I might change my mind.
Music is art, and you can interpret it in your own way.

The way I take her songs to be may be different than how you may interpret it.

For example, my favorite song is J'ai Pas Vingst Ans(I'm Not Twenty). It can be simply a song about.. well, not being 20 years old. But to me, it's more about the hesitancy of losing youthful independence and becoming an "adult". The lyrics focus around the idea of not taking things too seriously and living for the moment.

The key lyrics, in my perception, is "having fun is just fine, your love I shall deny" and "I go as I come... I fly all alone, a light little stone, you get old at twenty". The first obviously addresses the idea of being young and light, with nothing serious(ex: being in a lighthearted relationship vs. being truly in love), and the second refers to independence, and the desire to move through life as such.

Alizée has commented on the song previously, talking about how she felt by the time she turned 20, she wanted to be married and have kids and the like.

Old 01-04-2012, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Music is art, and you can interpret it in your own way.

The way I take her songs to be may be different than how you may interpret it.

For example, my favorite song is J'ai Pas Vingst Ans(I'm Not Twenty). It can be simply a song about.. well, not being 20 years old. But to me, it's more about the hesitancy of losing youthful independence and becoming an "adult". The lyrics focus around the idea of not taking things too seriously and living for the moment.

The key lyrics, in my perception, is "having fun is just fine, your love I shall deny" and "I go as I come... I fly all alone, a light little stone, you get old at twenty". The first obviously addresses the idea of being young and light, with nothing serious(ex: being in a lighthearted relationship vs. being truly in love), and the second refers to independence, and the desire to move through life as such.

Alizée has commented on the song previously, talking about how she felt by the time she turned 20, she wanted to be married and have kids and the like.
Well, the "I fly all alone, a light little stone" line does seem deep to me. But, the rest doesn't seem that deep. that's just my opinion.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Well, the "I fly all alone, a light little stone" line does seem deep to me. But, the rest doesn't seem that deep. that's just my opinion.
There's a difference between you thinking her songs have no meaning, and a song that has meaning that you simply aren't picking up on.

(Not trying to fight you here. Just pointing out that your statement of Alizée's songs having no meeting is baseless.)

Old 01-04-2012, 05:42 PM

Quote:
There's a difference between you thinking her songs have no meaning, and a song that has meaning that you simply aren't picking up on.

(Not trying to fight you here. Just pointing out that your statement of Alizée's songs having no meeting is baseless.)
Yes, that's just what I said in my previous comment. It may be because her songs are in french so I need to have the lyrics in front of me to understand them better than just hearing them. Since, I'm still learning french.

On the other hand I completely understand Laura's songs in spanish, italian, and english.