Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-28-2007, 07:17 PM

Senshi87 is on a distinguished road

french women are one of a kind
Old 03-28-2007, 07:39 PM
Κάτσε Καλά!

garçoncanadien is on a distinguished road

bienvenue welcome Nocturnal c'est génial que tu prends des cours de français! tell us a bit more about you if you get a chance please
Old 03-28-2007, 07:43 PM
I'm not 20.

Zack -Alizee Lover- is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnal View Post
For me, the fact that she's from a foreign country has a major role in the amount that I appreciate her. If she was just another American singer singing another American song about this and that, I would probably just have brushed her off and forgotten about her soon after I heard her music and saw her dance for the first time. I also personally like the challenge of trying to translate some of the songs since I'm taking French two in school this year. So far it has helped me out a lot with some of the vocabulary that I would normally have trouble understanding.
Welcome Nocturnal i like also the fact that she is from a foreign country,i wouldnt like her to be just another american pop singer.

Please introduce yourself here
http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showthread.php?t=707
Old 01-05-2012, 12:33 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Hell yes it does. As it's obvious from the posting of others, if she had been American, she wouldn't be too memorable.

Her being French adds a romantic flavor that American singers don't have, at least to me. It makes her exotic and refreshing. By becoming a fan of Alizée, I haven't just become a fan of some French singer, I've become, to a small extent, a fan of France.

I don't mean to trivialize all of France down to a single singer, but as my interest in Alizée grew, so did my interest in France. I did the Lilly town standard of signing up for a French class, but I followed that by fandom of French movies and other French singers. I used to watch No Reservations every once a while, but when the France episode was on, I was glued to the TV, I started watching French movies during my spare time; I became fascinated by anything French.

It's this whole package of insight into a new culture represented by a beautiful and adorable singer that really drew me in.

So yes, her being foreign is definitely a significant factor.

Old 01-05-2012, 12:54 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
Hell yes it does. As it's obvious from the posting of others, if she had been American, she wouldn't be too memorable.

Her being French adds a romantic flavor that American singers don't have, at least to me. It makes her exotic and refreshing. By becoming a fan of Alizée, I haven't just become a fan of some French singer, I've become, to a small extent, a fan of France.

I don't mean to trivialize all of France down to a single singer, but as my interest in Alizée grew, so did my interest in France. I did the Lilly town standard of signing up for a French class, but I followed that by fandom of French movies and other French singers. I used to watch No Reservations every once a while, but when the France episode was on, I was glued to the TV, I started watching French movies during my spare time; I became fascinated by anything French.

It's this whole package of insight into a new culture represented by a beautiful and adorable singer that really drew me in.

So yes, her being foreign is definitely a significant factor.
I agree almost 100% of what you've said here. I became more interested with anything French . With one exception: Since becoming a fan of Alizee, I've been exposed to many other French singers such as Jenifer, Claire, Nolwenn, Isabelle, Natasha, Elsa, Lara and many more. I'd say a few of them may be more beautiful and even have more beautiful voice than Alizee. However, NONE of them has captured my imagination more than her. The same is true with other foreign singers, such as Italian, Spanish, K-pop, J-pop, etc. I might listen to them out of curiosity, but that's pretty much it. I think it really is the total package that made a lot of a of us attracted to her.
Old 01-05-2012, 01:07 AM

I know what you mean by other singers. It's not just limited to French either. I have become fans of other French singers, such as Melissa Mars, but I've become fascinated with European singers in general. I mean, I also enjoy Ewa Farna, and she's Polish.

Also, I started listening to other foreign artists simply because their songs are based on Alizée's songs.

Mexican version of J'en Ai Marre:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/daLIirb4vYk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Russian version of Moi...Lolita

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/L1YPXfIkkY0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Old 01-05-2012, 01:55 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

WTF!!! I haven't heard any of these before! Russian Moi...Lolita and Mexican JAM! LOL! I hope she's got paid for these!
Old 01-05-2012, 02:01 AM

Nice little gems aren't they? Enjoy.

Old 01-05-2012, 03:20 AM

texasguy is on a distinguished road

LOL was not expecting that for the Mexican J'en ai marre. Just thought it would be the original instrumental with Spanish lyrics, gotta admit it was pretty catchy though.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:09 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Great finds Wasabi. Very catchy.
As far as does her frenchness add anything to her music. In my opinion..............hell yes! But even without it, it's something that would be off the chart beautiful in my opinion. Look at Amelie, a beautiful song and her English version of Youpidoo; I love the way she pronounces many of the words in that song. I'm not sure if that might because she learned to speak French first and because of that she pronounces them a little different than if she had learned English initially or if it's just a quality of her voice.

But there are several instances of lines from her French songs that sound so beautiful, because they are in French and because of the way she pronounces them.

I think one of the best examples is the way she pronounces "Mon insolant, c'est la passion.". Here's a short example of some songs in which I really enjoy the "Frenchness" of what is being sung.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qS1po3SE1bc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>