Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 01-10-2012, 05:30 PM

WhiteFeather is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
I guess I use FMJs on varmints for the most part, then again I'm usually using a .30 cal of some sort . On a side note I put money down on a Winchester 1892 in .357 magnum recently. Just what I've been looking for a long time, they are a bit pricey though.

Regards,

Jung
I probably will never use Varmint Grenade, I just found it hilarious to see a prairie dog explode into pieces.

Congrats on the Winchester. I've always had a soft spot for lever actions. Once I'm able to get pistol ammo, I'll most likely at some point pick up a .357 or .44 lever action.

Just walked in the door after a day of shooting. I'm done with 55gr ammo with my Sig. It isn't even worth it for plinking.

Also had a malfunction with my Weatherby. A round wasn't loading properly, so I dropped the floor plate. The floor plate hinge on the magazine somehow bent and now it is all screwed up. If I can't fix it, I'm going to have to either take it in or order new parts. But before it went to hell, I managed to hit and split a credit card in half at 200 yds.

I also got to shoot my friend's S&W 5903. I love that pistol so much.

Last edited by WhiteFeather; 01-10-2012 at 05:33 PM..
Old 01-10-2012, 05:53 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteFeather View Post
I probably will never use Varmint Grenade, I just found it hilarious to see a prairie dog explode into pieces.

Congrats on the Winchester. I've always had a soft spot for lever actions. Once I'm able to get pistol ammo, I'll most likely at some point pick up a .357 or .44 lever action.

Just walked in the door after a day of shooting. I'm done with 55gr ammo with my Sig. It isn't even worth it for plinking.

Also had a malfunction with my Weatherby. A round wasn't loading properly, so I dropped the floor plate. The floor plate hinge on the magazine somehow bent and now it is all screwed up. If I can't fix it, I'm going to have to either take it in or order new parts. But before it went to hell, I managed to hit and split a credit card in half at 200 yds.

I also got to shoot my friend's S&W 5903. I love that pistol so much.
Those Sig do have that crazy fast twist rate for some reason or another not good for 55 gr.

I hope you can fix the floor plate if not they aren't hard to change I'm sure you could do it yourself, if my gun has a blind magazine I rather prefer it not to have the hinged bottom.

I have a S&W 910 which is very similar and they really are nice pistols specially considering how cheap you can get them. They are a bit on the heavy side, but that's expected of a service style pistol.

Regards,

Jung

Old 01-10-2012, 06:01 PM

Pictures of my day:

Sig at 100 on bench.

Sig at 100 while standing.

As you can see, a little bit (sarcastic on little) spread out for my tastes.

Quote:
Those Sig do have that crazy fast twist rate for some reason or another not good for 55 gr.

I hope you can fix the floor plate if not they aren't hard to change I'm sure you could do it yourself, if my gun has a blind magazine I rather prefer it not to have the hinged bottom.

I have a S&W 910 which is very similar and they really are nice pistols specially considering how cheap you can get them. They are a bit on the heavy side, but that's expected of a service style pistol.

Regards,

Jung
I should be able to fix it, I'm just a little pissed it happened in the first place. I might use this as an opportunity to upgrade it to a detachable box magazine if the price is right.

When you say S&W 910's are cheap, are they cheap as in less than 500? I'm trying to sway my dad away from getting a Glock and more towards something along those lines. And you know what they say about heavy guns...

Quote:
Heavy is good, heavy is reliable. If it doesn't work you can always hit them with it.

Last edited by WhiteFeather; 01-10-2012 at 06:04 PM..
Old 01-10-2012, 06:14 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

Yeah that would be unacceptable to me. stick with something a little heavier.

I got my 910 for $200 from a friend, I think you can usually pick up police trade ins for around 300. They will probably have a lot of holster wear, but won't have been fired much, and should be mechanically sound. Glocks are rather reliable, but I have had them jam on me before, and I don't really care for their grips either so.

Regards,

Jung

Old 01-10-2012, 06:26 PM

I've been a little lazy and didn't load any 75 gr before I went, so I just grabbed some 55's. Never again.

I'm rather shocked the price for a 910 is that low, even for a used. I can't speak for the 910, but the 5903 feels really good in my hands. Very solid feel, and I would definitely trust my life to it.

Something about Glocks just don't sit right with me. They just feel off. That, and I'm not a fan of the looks of it. It has those weird squarish slides and I think they're ugly. However, an uncle who is in L.E. says they're excellent shooters and very reliable, so I can't argue with that. Different spokes for different folks I suppose.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:33 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

If I recall correctly the 5903 is just a stainless version of the 910. Police trade ins usually are rather cheap, they buy them cheap and are able to sell them cheap when they are done with them.

Regards,

Jung

Old 01-10-2012, 06:43 PM

The 5903 is an aluminum alloy, the 5906 is the stainless version, if my sources are correct.

From what I'm reading, the 910 is considered a "value version" of the 590x series. Even though many users say the 910 is just as solid as the others. I'll have to look into these more and start keeping an eye out for them. My dad was hoping to use his tax return towards a gun, and if I can find one of these, it just might happen.

If you can't tell, I'm trying to get my dad into shooting. He's always been interested, but while I was growing up, he always had other expenses and didn't really have resources to start this hobby. I'm just his kick in the pants to get him going now that he has more resources.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:18 AM
Take me to Lilly Town

Taxi Driver Aaron is on a distinguished road

Old 01-15-2012, 10:11 AM
D[e]mon of the Fall

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteFeather View Post
The 5903 is an aluminum alloy, the 5906 is the stainless version, if my sources are correct.

From what I'm reading, the 910 is considered a "value version" of the 590x series. Even though many users say the 910 is just as solid as the others. I'll have to look into these more and start keeping an eye out for them. My dad was hoping to use his tax return towards a gun, and if I can find one of these, it just might happen.

If you can't tell, I'm trying to get my dad into shooting. He's always been interested, but while I was growing up, he always had other expenses and didn't really have resources to start this hobby. I'm just his kick in the pants to get him going now that he has more resources.
Smith and Wesson makes rather sound guns, I prefer their revolvers, which they are the benchmark for which others are judged against. Ruger and Dan Wesson however do make the toughest Revolvers out there, there is a reason they get their own data section in reloading books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi Driver Aaron View Post
This is where it's at my friend....

I wouldn't mind a Armalite or Bushmaster AR though

Regards,

Jung

Old 01-15-2012, 05:50 PM
Take me to Lilly Town

Taxi Driver Aaron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Smith and Wesson makes rather sound guns, I prefer their revolvers, which they are the benchmark for which others are judged against. Ruger and Dan Wesson however do make the toughest Revolvers out there, there is a reason they get their own data section in reloading books.

This is where it's at my friend....

I wouldn't mind a Armalite or Bushmaster AR though

Regards,

Jung