Old 01-08-2012, 01:59 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

I enjoyed it; a must see if you are an MMA fan

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 01-15-2012, 01:35 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

There were a few unbearable corny scenes, and I thought the guy was a little too attached to his horse, but still enjoyable. The only thing I really hated was how throughout most of the movie, they depicted the Germans as complete villains. I know that the point of the movie wasn't about the war, so much as it was about the horse's journey, but still.

7/10

Old 01-15-2012, 03:30 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road

(But our disc was in the older box, with Cheech & Chong on the cover)

Last edited by Chuck; 01-16-2012 at 02:25 PM..
Old 01-22-2012, 11:57 AM

Merci Alizée is on a distinguished road

Wasted my Sunday evening by watching this movie.
Old 01-23-2012, 12:32 AM
Take me to Lilly Town

Taxi Driver Aaron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post

Wasted my Sunday evening by watching this movie.
Thanks for the review! I wasn't sure whether or not I was going to see it.. but now I know not to! My co-worker went to see it with her bf and she said it was "wonderful" but anything she does with him is "wonderful" ... lol...

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
There were a few unbearable corny scenes, and I thought the guy was a little too attached to his horse, but still enjoyable. The only thing I really hated was how throughout most of the movie, they depicted the Germans as complete villains. I know that the point of the movie wasn't about the war, so much as it was about the horse's journey, but still.
7/10
I hate how war movies depict other cultures as bad people like that.... Especially if we don't get to see both sides of the situation in the movie...

A good example of a war movie that shows both sides of the situation is Pearl Harbor... yeah, it depicts the Japanese as starting the war, but it doesn't entirely side with America either... it allows the audience to empathize with Japan's reasoning for the attack by showing their side of the situation. Of course, to US viewers, it is always going to be that they were in the wrong... but to the Japanese it was more of a necessity to gain natural resources for their survival. At least Pearl Harbor didn't make them out to be cruel people and let the audience decide. Two people can watch a movie like that and leave with two different perspectives.

This sort of thing makes you wonder about the movies being made in North Korea and in Iraq and how they depict the United States as being villains out for world-domination.... hmmmm....

Last edited by Taxi Driver Aaron; 01-23-2012 at 12:32 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 02-12-2012, 06:48 AM

Jenny_HRO87 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
The only thing I really hated was how throughout most of the movie, they depicted the Germans as complete villains. I know that the point of the movie wasn't about the war, so much as it was about the horse's journey, but still.

7/10
well I can just hope that this won't spoil the movie for me because I planned to watch War Horse next week...

last movie I've seen was Tinker Tailor Solider Spy.

9/10

I'm not really into spy movies or I just have seen too less of them but this was really good, a lot of great and powerful acting (well it had a lot of great British actors, what else could you expect?), impressive film... pretty calm at the beginning but very good... hope Gary Goldman gets an Oscar for this... but still a bit clueless how Smiley finally figured out who the mole was... and sometimes it was a bit confusing, switching between scenes in past and present... I bought the book afterwards, I hope this will help...

by the way - has anyone of you seen Hugo Cabret yet? I just watched the trailer but it's not that exciting at all... I mean it looks nice but... well on the other hand it got 11 (!) Oscar nominations... a film that got 11 nominations can't be bad at all...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iQNkETGfA6k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
And all I see is life, life in a beautiful light."

Last edited by Jenny_HRO87; 02-12-2012 at 06:56 AM..
Old 02-12-2012, 07:25 AM
Choosy moms choose Tchaikovsky

Tchaikovsky is on a distinguished road

I liked it. 7.5/10

Old 02-12-2012, 11:24 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchaikovsky View Post
I liked it. 7.5/10

^Yeah that is a classic! Leo is just such a good actor in my opinion, every role he plays turns to gold!
Being the HUGE baseball fan that I am I saw this movie. It also helps that the opening scene is my Yankees being the As in the 2001 ALDS which I remember, however we did end up losing the Diamondbacks in game 7 of the World Series that year but that discussion is for another time.
Anyways this movie was great and is a must see, baseball fan or not!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AiAHlZVgXjk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 02-13-2012, 01:49 AM

WhiteFeather is on a distinguished road

Was going to play football today, but something came up for some of the other players. So instead I cleaned and watched these.

I may have a biased opinion, but I really enjoyed these movies...again.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:01 AM
Ethical

DrSmith is on a distinguished road

Yesterday I watched Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace with commentary by Harry S. Plinkett. It was pretty funny—much better than actually listening to the movie.