Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-02-2012, 08:14 AM
Century old child!

wildfire is on a distinguished road

I respect your opinion, Scruff, but I dont see it so one sided that way, i.e. Alizee going from following MF to following Jeremy. Think of her age: she was 18+, an age where kids are a little rebellious. I mean look, she got all tattooed up, beat the drum to her own tune.. I don't see Jeremy having her do that.. thats all her.. remember, she's corsican, head strong by her own admission.

I found it healthy for her to just walk away, step back, spend time with her family and new family, take perspective, instead of grind grind grind the way american stars do until meltdown/intervention/rehab.

Do I personally prefer the Alizee of the first two albums? yeah in the way that she had her own take of the young star. Instead of getting sleazed up she brought a sort of class and taste to sexy.. I think she said that anything can be sexy except vulgarity... Love that from such a little squirt. But I can also she her wanting to grow out of that... Especially if thats not her.

Psychedelices was her entrance to young womanhood for me. More sophisticated, but still girly in her own way. it brought me Par les Paupieres.. such an underrated beauty of a song. Mademoiselle Juliete ... perhaps her follow-up to the Moi Lolita narrative where she's no longer so carefree ("its not my fault") but now literally maneuvering around the projections of of perceived femininity and temptations trying to find her own self. Mirrored in the album itself is her collaborative nature in trying to find her style of music. People, when do we get to see an artist trying in ernest to find their style with such experimentation! Having her simply clone what she did before is just consumption on our part. This was a journey she took us on. Heck we even got a rappin' Lilly with "Décollage"

Une enfant de Siécle was her embracing her 80's inspired roots and experimentation. More sultry than Psychedelices, she went high concept. is it to my tastes? Not really, but i'd be lying if I didn't say that I appreciated her exploring the 80's soundscape through her viewpoint. its something that she wanted to do, music she wanted to listen to, not some music exec... and trust me.. these two albums can have legs farther down her career as a reflection of her as an artist... Long past top 40's hip hop crap, she created her own soundscape that makes it timeless...

Now that being said, what I liked about her first two albums was the syrupy synth mixed with the rock infusion, especially when it was explored more in Mes Courants Electriques. And Laurent is an experienced music craftsman who had the pull to put together resources back when the Music industry operated on the old model.. not this new model where you give your stuff away for free and hope people will buy your stuff to patronize you. the near kiddie-operatic "Cœur déjà pris" and "Parler tout bas", the infectious beat of "Gourmandises" "Moi Lolita" & "A contre-courant", the Anthem-like butt-twirling "J'ai pas vingt ans!", the simple but clever "Veni, Vedi, Vici" & "À quoi rêve une jeune fille", the very pop-esque and diva-like "Abracadabra", and last but not least, the song that ushered my second puberty, the rebellious "J'en Ai Marre".

All of this with the deceptively complex instrumentation of laurent, the interlaced sexuality of MF's lyrics, but eventually made stratospheric with Alizee's own brand of beauty, free spirit and sharp wit, and that God given, deeply textured and unique velvety voice of her's. Was it manufactured pop.. yeah, but far better crafted than the endless train of boxcared crap that my radio diarrhea's out of my speakers should I accidentally hit a pop station....

Does Alizee still have... remember this girl brought us THE BEST rendition of La isla Bonita.... I think both she and the music industry have been bludgeoned by a changing economy that mirrors society today... a few stars making zillions and a far larger group trying to scrape by. You see that she's taken a page out of her own hero's book (madonna) and has tried to adapt. She started sticking her toe into dancing again to great fanfare by us. We all want to see this pint-sized powerhouse shake it up like she used to.. but we have to remember that it has to be something she wants to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
On my recent trip to Europe, I met up with one of the noted members of AF who's followed her years longer than I have and very closely too. He seemed to think the reason for the long hiatus was the fact that she may have signed a 3 album deal with MF and LB and one way of getting out of it, was by waiting so many years for it to expire. I have no idea if there's any truth to that, but I thought I'd mention it because it came from someone very knowledgable on the subject of Alizee.

I find it hard to believe that Jeremy did her career any good. If by chance he did pull her out of her hiatus, why did it take him 4 years?

It seemed like nothing really significantly good happened to her after she joined up with Jeremy. Amelie was supposed to be the next single and that didn't happen. She broke up with MF and LB. When she came back, she didn't dance. Who's brainstorm was that? She wore sneakers on stage? You gotta be kidding me! A very beautiful woman and she didn't take advantage of that asset. She didn't have to put on a jam suit to do that. Look how beutiful she looked this year in the flight attendant outfit and the Alsatian outfit. It was like she thought all she had to do was show up and people would come. Was that on Jeremy's advice? If it wasn't, he certainly didn't talk her out of it. He very probably prefered her looking the way she did in public and he would have the sexy Alizee at home, all to himself.

What about the concerts in Mexico. Well look at her most recent trip. When we were watching that show for over an hour waiting for her to appear, how many times did they play the jam video and music. It's very obvious what they prefered. Ever since she's hooked up with him, her career has been taking a long slow nose dive with only a few positve bumps in a positive direction such as her appearences on Les Enfoires.

Whether they're seperated or not, like I said, I can't see her relationship with him as doing her career any good.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 03-02-2012, 09:28 AM

ALS is on a distinguished road

When we talk about that four year hiatus you have to remember that nine months into her marriage she got knocked up. According to Alizée this was an unplanned event. With that said I'd say that two of those four years off were due to the pregnancy.

I did some looking around on the net yesterday and there hasn't been anything said out of Jeremy's side on this supposed split, which is pretty interesting in its self. Of course if my French was a little better searching would be a lot easier.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:20 PM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire View Post
I respect your opinion, Scruff, but I dont see it so one sided that way, i.e. Alizee going from following MF to following Jeremy. Think of her age: she was 18+, an age where kids are a little rebellious. I mean look, she got all tattooed up, beat the drum to her own tune.. I don't see Jeremy having her do that.. thats all her.. remember, she's corsican, head strong by her own admission.

I found it healthy for her to just walk away, step back, spend time with her family and new family, take perspective, instead of grind grind grind the way american stars do until meltdown/intervention/rehab.

Do I personally prefer the Alizee of the first two albums? yeah in the way that she had her own take of the young star. Instead of getting sleazed up she brought a sort of class and taste to sexy.. I think she said that anything can be sexy except vulgarity... Love that from such a little squirt. But I can also she her wanting to grow out of that... Especially if thats not her.

Psychedelices was her entrance to young womanhood for me. More sophisticated, but still girly in her own way. it brought me Par les Paupieres.. such an underrated beauty of a song. Mademoiselle Juliete ... perhaps her follow-up to the Moi Lolita narrative where she's no longer so carefree ("its not my fault") but now literally maneuvering around the projections of of perceived femininity and temptations trying to find her own self. Mirrored in the album itself is her collaborative nature in trying to find her style of music. People, when do we get to see an artist trying in ernest to find their style with such experimentation! Having her simply clone what she did before is just consumption on our part. This was a journey she took us on. Heck we even got a rappin' Lilly with "Décollage"

Une enfant de Siécle was her embracing her 80's inspired roots and experimentation. More sultry than Psychedelices, she went high concept. is it to my tastes? Not really, but i'd be lying if I didn't say that I appreciated her exploring the 80's soundscape through her viewpoint. its something that she wanted to do, music she wanted to listen to, not some music exec... and trust me.. these two albums can have legs farther down her career as a reflection of her as an artist... Long past top 40's hip hop crap, she created her own soundscape that makes it timeless...

Now that being said, what I liked about her first two albums was the syrupy synth mixed with the rock infusion, especially when it was explored more in Mes Courants Electriques. And Laurent is an experienced music craftsman who had the pull to put together resources back when the Music industry operated on the old model.. not this new model where you give your stuff away for free and hope people will buy your stuff to patronize you. the near kiddie-operatic "Cœur déjà pris" and "Parler tout bas", the infectious beat of "Gourmandises" "Moi Lolita" & "A contre-courant", the Anthem-like butt-twirling "J'ai pas vingt ans!", the simple but clever "Veni, Vedi, Vici" & "À quoi rêve une jeune fille", the very pop-esque and diva-like "Abracadabra", and last but not least, the song that ushered my second puberty, the rebellious "J'en Ai Marre".

All of this with the deceptively complex instrumentation of laurent, the interlaced sexuality of MF's lyrics, but eventually made stratospheric with Alizee's own brand of beauty, free spirit and sharp wit, and that God given, deeply textured and unique velvety voice of her's. Was it manufactured pop.. yeah, but far better crafted than the endless train of boxcared crap that my radio diarrhea's out of my speakers should I accidentally hit a pop station....

Does Alizee still have... remember this girl brought us THE BEST rendition of La isla Bonita.... I think both she and the music industry have been bludgeoned by a changing economy that mirrors society today... a few stars making zillions and a far larger group trying to scrape by. You see that she's taken a page out of her own hero's book (madonna) and has tried to adapt. She started sticking her toe into dancing again to great fanfare by us. We all want to see this pint-sized powerhouse shake it up like she used to.. but we have to remember that it has to be something she wants to do.
Wildfire you amaze me. I think this is the most in depth, accurate posting of Alizee's career I have seen anywhere. Cudo's to you. You should publish it in a French music magazine at the very least. excellent,excellent,excellent!
Old 03-02-2012, 12:28 PM
Hypebeast

Plaz is on a distinguished road

don't say this much but kudos to Wildfire!

---------------------------------------------------

Old 03-02-2012, 04:09 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

@Wildfire, great post! I especially love the line, "Having her simply clone what she did before is just consumption on our part." Really, really good stuff.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:23 PM
n

Karlalizee is on a distinguished road

Why do you guys keep going with something that is totally none of your business?
Old 03-02-2012, 10:28 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I'm speculating but I think Jeremy did show her that MF and LB were taking in the lion's share of the profits, but now she knows why. I'm sure if it wasn't for them, we never would have heard of her.
Well Alizée was young but not so naive.. she knew Mylene was raking in the money but has been forever greatful for the collaboration.

http://www.alizee-forum.com/content....-Revue-2007-12

From this interview.

Last september, you have sent a message to the editors about rumours concerning a score-settling with Mylene Farmer. While listening to the album, there is no reference to this.

Alizée: No, there isn't. I don' see why I would make a song that gets revenge on somebody who has taught me many things. Its thanks to Mylene and to Laurent Boutonnat that I am in this job and that I have sold so many discs."

http://www.alizee-forum.com/content....s-deux-2005-09

From this small article.

Beyond their friendship, Mylène has showed strong business sense, since Alizée has in turn become a teen idol and in 2001 alone brought in more than 5 million euros to Mylène and her partner.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 03-03-2012, 02:17 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

I can't believe some of what I'm reading.

Whenever a marriage breaks up there's always a grieving period that occurs. Especially considering that Alizee considers loyalty to be a good trait, it would be quite difficult for her to go through a breakup and would probably need significant mourning time before she would be ready for another relationship of any kind. Mourning takes time. This means that the marriage would have to have failed at least a year ago (probably more like two years ago) before she would really be ready to start entering into other relationships.

With regard to a new relationship, as well as the status of her marriage, if there were any doubts they should've been cleared up by the blog interview that was recently released. Between what she did say and what she did not say the picture is very clear.

I will say this one more time, if you look at the LE videos, is crystal clear that something is going on between Alizee and MP, and that a lot of people knew about it.

So, to summarize, it is my opinion that her marriage effectively failed two to three years ago, and that she is now available. ( Don't don't bother to look for wedding rings, don't bother with comments, those can all simply be camouflage.)

Last edited by Rev; 03-03-2012 at 02:21 AM..
Old 03-03-2012, 03:22 AM
Century old child!

wildfire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlalizee View Post
Why do you guys keep going with something that is totally none of your business?
because we are fAn-AtiCs! When you look up the work "fanatics", it says "See Alizee America"

Just let us poor saps be, Karla... we're like a dog chasing cars... when we see a rumor go by, we just end up chasing it with our tongues flapping in the wind behind us..
Old 03-03-2012, 11:20 AM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Interesting article: http://www.lessentiel.lu/fr/people/a...ble---15806658

Tags
lobster hunters