Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 07-29-2012, 11:29 AM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi Driver Aaron View Post
Really Azhiri? .... are you sure you're not just starting another thread that you are going to end up locking in the next couple of weeks?

Oh come on TDA?
Bit of a totally uncalled for attack on Azhiri methinks?
Old 07-29-2012, 02:47 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

I used to get more caught up in the Olympics than I do now due to a lack of enough free time. I think the spirit of the competition gets lost a bit in the US. Instead of it being about individuals testing themselves against the best from the world, it turns into more of a us versus them patriotic thing. Not that there is anything wrong with some patriotism here and there. I worry about what image we show to the rest of the world at times. I suppose it all comes down to the media and how it presents events.
Old 07-29-2012, 04:34 PM
Take me to Lilly Town

Taxi Driver Aaron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkmale View Post
Oh come on TDA?
Bit of a totally uncalled for attack on Azhiri methinks?
not really uncalled for ... she's 2 for 2! I'm just keeping count that's all.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
I suppose it all comes down to the media and how it presents events.
That's exactly what it is right there.

The Olympics is a great time to remain competitive and patriotic! But at the same time, humble when winning, and with a great amount of sportsmanship.

I don't think the events are turned into an "us versus them" thing as much as it is the media generating hype to get more people involved and to carry more anxiety with the events than there really is. And that has to stop. But I do believe that the events is time remain competitive for the bragging rights!

Last edited by Taxi Driver Aaron; 07-29-2012 at 04:34 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 07-29-2012, 05:09 PM

mzracing76 is on a distinguished road

Greatest Olympic Gymnist Ever, amd the Prettiest - Dommy, as in Dominique Moceanu
Old 07-29-2012, 05:13 PM
Take me to Lilly Town

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzracing76 View Post
Greatest Olympic Gymnist Ever, amd the Prettiest - Dommy, as in Dominique Moceanu
That is the one I was thinking of!!!

this photo of her has an eerie resemblance to someone we may know...

Last edited by Taxi Driver Aaron; 07-29-2012 at 05:13 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 07-29-2012, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi Driver Aaron View Post

Edit:

That is the one I was thinking of!!!

this photo of her has an eerie resemblance to someone we may know...

Yea she does, especially in her younger years, looks so much like Alizee. And, they are both from Europe, well family from europe.

Dommy will always be #1 in my eyes, no matter if the Krayolies gave up on her. And, to think that no womens team ever won since that 1996 Atlanta games. Amazing.

Youtube Dominque, amazing videos, some sad.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:02 PM
Take me to Lilly Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzracing76 View Post
Yea she does, especially in her younger years, looks so much like Alizee. And, they are both from Europe, well family from europe.

Dommy will always be #1 in my eyes, no matter if the Krayolies gave up on her. And, to think that no womens team ever won since that 1996 Atlanta games. Amazing.

Youtube Dominque, amazing videos, some sad.
I believe Kerri Strug was also on the team (The magnificent 7) and she had her fame for sticking her act even with a sprained ankle... I met her when she came back home to Tucson because it's my hometown... not my original hometown, but my 2nd home.

Old 07-29-2012, 07:42 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

ahhh screw you France ... they beat us this time!

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 07-29-2012, 07:49 PM

BrianO1 is on a distinguished road

I have not watched much of the Olympics this time around. I'm not really big into the summer games, I love the winter Olympics though. I loved watching curling back before it was "cool". I was sick so I couldn't sleep, and back then they only showed curling super early in the morning. Fell in love with it. Now-a-days its a prime time event. Last time, the women's Canadian team....wow! Every single one of the coulda been a model. Sooooooo pretty. And durn good too! I think the won gold, if I remember right.

I do want to watch the different shooting events during these summer games though. And maybe the horseback cross country stuffs.

Last edited by BrianO1; 07-29-2012 at 07:51 PM..
Old 07-29-2012, 08:07 PM

Yeap, Kerry was Dommy's best friend on that team. You also had Dominique Dawes who was perfect.

If you want to see a awesome performance, watch DOMMIE on her balance beam where she falls on her head, but keeps on going. That takes guts and courage. Then there are her Floor Excercises.

The sad video of Dommie, would be her 2000 Dropping Out after her attempt to reach the 2000 Sidney games when she hurt her ancle. Sad...

Her book she just wrote "Off Balance" is a great read, where she explains all her trials and tribulations of that era. If you read it, you will learn to hate her coaches from 1990-1997.