Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 09-22-2012, 06:17 PM

mzracing76 is on a distinguished road

In the mean time, there is a brand american singer making waves and she to debut her very first album next week. Please take a peak at her songs, videos, and website. Her name? Anna Graceman, and her hit single is CHANGE IS COMING. Keep in mind, she writes her own music, lyrics, and plays the piano to perfection.

Also, remember that Jackie Evancho is releasing her 3rd album October 2nd.

Thanks,
MZ
Old 09-22-2012, 06:18 PM
Take me to Lilly Town

Taxi Driver Aaron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Well it is exactly speculation but I see a lot of people here who see the album being put off as a sign of the end of the world...
You mean you haven't heard of the "No Lili Album Apocalypse?!" ... I'm almost positive it was predicted in the Mayan Calendar!!! This is how we are al going to go out... depressed because of no album release!.. aaaaahhhh!!!!!

Quote:
There are airlines who have contracts to have new aircraft delivered by a certain date or there is a company like Boeing that has a contract with G.E. to have engines delivered by a certain date, but do you think a company like Sony runs things much differently?
Yes. Companies like Boeing and GE are government contractors and provide products for national security as well as commercially. If Sony were the same, then we probably really ARE facing a Lili Apocalypse! :P

It's like you said, if the album doesn't release, nobody dies. However, I also believe that Sony is a big enough organization to take the losses without feeling a thing. It's not like Lili's album is paramount to Sony's survival or anything... it's a drop in the bucket... it's a contract that is essentially a gambled investment in hopes of obtaining pure profit... Although it's a calculated gamble. But still it's a gamble. If the album takes too long to complete within reason then they will eventually cut their losses. But we are not at that point... that I point is like 2 years down the road. I've seen it happen with sub record companies of Sony; and those were subsidieary labels, not even the main company!

I'm pretty sure everything is fine... They are just taking the time to cross their "t's" and dot their "i's" ... and get tattoos.

Old 09-22-2012, 06:20 PM
Take me to Lilly Town

Taxi Driver Aaron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzracing76 View Post
In the mean time...
Thanks,
MZ
Why are you posting that here MZ? Can someone move misplaced advertisement? thanks!

Old 09-22-2012, 08:47 PM

Panther is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi Driver Aaron View Post
... it's a drop in the bucket...
Well it certainly seems to be being treated like that by the producer/s responsible for making it happen ... and that includes the video makers as well.

I just don't understand where some of you get his faith in Sony 'taking their time to get it right'? They have already signed off and released the single and that's shoddy. The same applies to the shoddy artwork for the single. The video looks worse than amateurish and yet it was released on an offical Sony platform by Sony so I really don't see how Jive Epic can deny that it's 'official'? And if it is not 'the ofiicial video' and was leaked then wtf are Sony playing at allowing such things to happen? It doesn't say much for their organisation does it?

Whatever the outcome, there has clearly been at least one major cock-up so far, which no one is admitting to or telling us about, so I really don't see how that provides any evidence for this notion of the big company taking care of business?

No one wanted this new album more than me but I'm pissed because it looks increasingly as though the people on the ground charged with the resposibilty for making it happen either don't know what they're doing or simply can't be bothered to make any effort.
Old 09-22-2012, 11:08 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Well we only have 1 song so far on which to judge an album of what, 12.....14... whatever number of songs. Granted, a song they release like this, should be one of the better songs for the purpose of promoting it, but still if it's not that good, I don't think we can condemn the whole album at this point.

The next song that's released should give us a better idea of whether we should be worried about this album or not. If it's no better than the first song, then I would be very concerned.
Old 09-23-2012, 05:25 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeNY View Post
...The only problem I see is that Alizee/Sony took orders for the album already, collected the cash, and now expect people to wait another 3 to 6 months for it. Sony should have to refund the money or offer a "I'm sorry" gift. Maybe have Alizee personally call all 1000+ people who ordered and apologize and tell them to hold on. Of course, she'll be speaking in French and no one will know what she's saying, but they'll recognize the voice and be happy anyway...
The "collected the cash" part is interesting. Visa's policy is for a vendor NOT to charge the credit card until the product actually ships.

Also, because they have actually collected the cash they are kind of "on the hook" to actually ship a product. (Simply one more issue they would have to deal with if they chose to curtail the product. In fact, if they did this fans would be within their rights to file grievances with Visa, as well as let the pres know that Sony reneged on something they already collected money for).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi Driver Aaron View Post
...It's like you said, if the album doesn't release, nobody dies. However, I also believe that Sony is a big enough organization to take the losses without feeling a thing. It's not like Lili's album is paramount to Sony's survival or anything... it's a drop in the bucket... it's a contract that is essentially a gambled investment in hopes of obtaining pure profit... Although it's a calculated gamble. But still it's a gamble. If the album takes too long to complete within reason then they will eventually cut their losses. But we are not at that point... that I point is like 2 years down the road. I've seen it happen with sub record companies of Sony; and those were subsidieary labels, not even the main company!

I'm pretty sure everything is fine... They are just taking the time to cross their "t's" and dot their "i's" ...
I agree. They are too far in for it to make sense to them to not issue the album. At this point, unless it is a total disaster, it would cost them less to finish and issue the album, and make some money on it, as compared to just stopping and having it be a total loss.
Old 09-23-2012, 05:55 AM

Karin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Well we only have 1 song so far on which to judge an album of what, 12.....14... whatever number of songs. Granted, a song they release like this, should be one of the better songs for the purpose of promoting it, but still if it's not that good, I don't think we can condemn the whole album at this point.

The next song that's released should give us a better idea of whether we should be worried about this album or not. If it's no better than the first song, then I would be very concerned.
but now doesnt go about songs but about time... you shoul see how people were angry about the delay a want back money which they gave for deluxe box.
dont tell me again about how they are working hard to make great album... you would find many people who dont believe and who are tired with this stupid game which Sony is playing with us AGAIN and they are really many...
album may be good, but when with every delay the are losing everyday fans... so sorry that Im not happy with this situation...

like by UEDS... album was good but not succesful...

Old 09-23-2012, 11:07 AM

mzracing76 is on a distinguished road

HEY - Whats up, having some fun

Last edited by mzracing76; 09-24-2012 at 08:59 PM..
Old 09-23-2012, 11:54 AM

BrianO1 is on a distinguished road

MZ, there are threads in which you can talk about other artists you like, as much as you want. Please stop posting them in Alizée based topics.
Old 09-26-2012, 06:18 AM

Karin is on a distinguished road

maybe time to hang myself...

officiel info or not...

La sortie du nouvel album d'Alizée serait repoussé a Mars 2013 selon Paris Match.
The new album Alizée would be postponed to March 2013, according to Paris Match.

Tags
judgement day will happen, sooner, the leak is inminent, yep.still waiting...