Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-01-2013, 01:00 AM
Hypebeast

Plaz is on a distinguished road

So just to confirm am I on the list? Also if you could pm me what you need from me scruffy I'd appreciate it. Not as active so don't want to miss it or have it lost in the middle of the thread.

---------------------------------------------------

Old 03-01-2013, 06:05 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

So I need some advice from members. I've thought about upping my offer in my recent post. I was thinking of in addition to the x amount of autographed cds we are asking for, I was thinking of asking to buy 10 extra un-autographed cds, in the name of the forum. These cds would be sent out to U.S. and and Canadian French radio stations in the U.S. for the purpose of promoting this album on this side of the pond. I was also going to buy 4 2013 Les Enfoires dvds (without autographs) for the same purpose.

Do you think this is too much? Is it too transparant what we are doing, which is trying to increase the odds of this happening?

Even if it is blatantly obvious, it's still a good thing for all involved; Alizee, Les Enfoires and what ever record store where the autograph session takes place.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 03-01-2013 at 06:09 AM..
Old 03-01-2013, 08:15 AM

Karin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
So I need some advice from members. I've thought about upping my offer in my recent post. I was thinking of in addition to the x amount of autographed cds we are asking for, I was thinking of asking to buy 10 extra un-autographed cds, in the name of the forum. These cds would be sent out to U.S. and and Canadian French radio stations in the U.S. for the purpose of promoting this album on this side of the pond. I was also going to buy 4 2013 Les Enfoires dvds (without autographs) for the same purpose.

Do you think this is too much? Is it too transparant what we are doing, which is trying to increase the odds of this happening?

Even if it is blatantly obvious, it's still a good thing for all involved; Alizee, Les Enfoires and what ever record store where the autograph session takes place.
so it works in America? cause here only in a dream, to send CDs to radios and they would play it... cause many laws radios must pay for playing a song... so not surprising, that nothing is played except ML, JEAM and JPVA

Old 03-01-2013, 03:25 PM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

Hey Scruffy, I'd like to know where exactly will the autograph session be at and at what time i'll be looking for train/plane tickets to come to paris in the morning and come back in the evening .

If I really can't make it and Bigdan is unavailable i'll try sending you a friend of mine in paris , alizée interested and who speaks fluent english.

PS: I was planning on recording a little video of alizée saying a few words to her fans like you did the last time for aam , that'll be worth asking for !

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..
Old 03-01-2013, 03:43 PM

Lili4ever is on a distinguished road

did anyone official mentioned anything about autograph signing on 25th March, or you are just assuming it will happen ? I would ask for a couple free days at work and buy tickets to Paris, but don't want to do it until it's 100% clear that it will happen

sorry for offtopic

Last edited by Lili4ever; 03-01-2013 at 03:46 PM..
Old 03-01-2013, 03:48 PM

Karin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lili4ever View Post
did anyone official mentioned anything about autograph signing on 25th March, or you are just assuming it will happen ? I would ask for a couple free days at work and buy tickets to Paris, but don't want to do it until it's 100% clear that it will happen

sorry for offtopic
its still just one big plan

Old 03-01-2013, 06:32 PM

It's still just one big pipe dream at this point. We are assuming there will be an autograph session, but is there a chance there might not be one? Us getting a bunch of cds autographed by her is another dream at this point.

If an autograph session does take place, we have no idea where. I think VMS might still be open, but I think it's in a state similar to bankruptcy over here, but where depending upon the state of bankruptcy you are in, some companies re-organize and come out of it, that will not be the case here. They will shut down. It's just a matter of when if it hasn't already happened.

So I'm guessing at this point the most likely place would be FNAC, mainly becasue she did have a "gay freindly" autograph session for Psych at one of their stores a few years back, but it is just a guess.
Old 03-02-2013, 12:15 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post

It might help if you include some photos or link to your youtube video of the last autograph session. It's been over 2 years since that happened. They might have forgotten that already. At least, that would remind them that: 1. Alizee did this for us before 2. You guys can be trusted 3. We remain loyal to her throughout these years.
Old 03-02-2013, 01:31 AM

Well in a first letter to them, I think we need to keep it as brief as possible, while making sure we hit all the main points. We don't want to bore them to death with our first post. If they respond favorably, then we can go more into detail in our following posts.

As far as the unautographed cds and dvds I was going to request, what I hope to say is after making my request for autographed cds, is something to the affect of " As a small token of our appreciation if you grant our request, we'd like to buy 10 extra unautographed cds and 4 L.E. 2013 dvds. These unsigned discs will be sent out to French/English radio stations in the U.S. and Canada in the hope of promoting her music and the show Les Enfoires.

Keep in mind I think it's very possible that instead of a private autograph session, they might have Alizee sign them in private and then we'd be allowed to pick them up on the 25th. I think that would be acceptable to everyone.

As far as a radio stations being able to play songs from the album, to be sure there are licensing agreements in place that if they hear a song they like from the album and they want to play it, they will have to pay a fee. But if they like it and more importantly if they think their listeners will like it, they will happily pay the fee and play it.
Old 03-02-2013, 02:03 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

I watched your video again and I saw the reporter and videographer there. I think the promotion it created was more valuable for them than the 50 CDs that we purchased on that day. So, depending on how much her management team thought it helped UEDS sale and how this would help the sale of her new album, then I think it's worth reminding them of that.