Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-05-2013, 06:29 PM
El Pikito...

AC Mix... is on a distinguished road

WOWWWWWWWWW........

times have changed since my day....

Where are the moderators???? where are the Administrators???? those people are suppose to be here to inspire new and old members!!!!!!! man!!!!

why not try to get Alizee to The USA!!!???? like we got Alizee into the Mexican Market years ago... it took us a lonngggggg time. alot of free promotion, traveling, spending, but i think that is what you guys dont get nowadays...
that is where the fun was, that is when it was fun to go into a forum and start threads comment about what was going on...

tell me (i havent been here in many years), who in here has gone to Clubs and asked the DJ to play some Alizee mixes??? there are plenty of good ones!!! who has gone to malls with paper fliers with information about alizee, this forum, her forum???

mannn back in my day, i went to radio stations!, got her music on US radio Stations to play her songs, i met, important Radio people who do promotions, i gave them each of her albums, i gave them a dvd of en conert... sure it cost me money, but thats part of being a dedicated fan is!!! and i accomplished my task, to get her in my local Radio Station... the DJ would mix her songs man...

i think you guys are missing competition too, there useto be a bit of rivalry between forums, anyone remember LillyTownUSA.com???
lol we useto compete to see which forum got the information first, everyone was working.... the sleepless nights, sleeping till 4 or 5 am!!!!

if you are asking yourself, where am i at? why we left, well, things change, and alot of us did not like the new path alizee was taking, untill we reached out limit...

but u guys need new inspiration... forget the current alizee right now.... all of you, as a forum, bring her to the USA!!!! u ask how??? well that is called doing the work!!! do research, do promotion, dont ask, doo!!! fliers at malls, free 40 second sample of her most popular songs to get new people hooked. go to radio stations. im sure so many of you know so many people in the media industry that could help you guys out...
Show Alizee and her record label with numbers that America is ready for her and demands her. dont ask them, they wont do the work, you do the work!!!! just like Mexico, flood her Tweeter account, Facebook account, youtube account, with comments to do concerts in the USA, show them that her music is popular here, thats how you get her to look at the USA... thats how you get her to come to the USA.

im sure some of you have direct contact with her, and with her record label, once you guys do your work show them.

too bad me Mon Maquis and I arent into her style any more, or else we would help again, but we tried a long time ago, and we had it all planned out, we did our work, i had radio stations just waiting so i would tell them when they can line up an interview, we got her a spot on the Carson Daily show, but back then, she was afraid of the American Market and we got shut down. but that was along time ago...
maybe now she is more prepared...

u guys better do something again, or alizees career will die... power in numbers.

GET TO WORK

AC Mix...

Edit:

this is what i am talking about, look at the dates there back in 2009, do this again!!!!!

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4854

organize man!!!!

By ac_mix at 2009-03-09

Last edited by AC Mix...; 07-05-2013 at 06:29 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 07-05-2013, 07:00 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC Mix... View Post
WOWWWWWWWWW........

GET TO WORK
Hi! Well, I only even first heard about Alizée just over a year ago, and that was a complete accident. I became a fan of the person first, and then the music. Some of your YouTube videos were among the first videos I found when I started searching for her. Nice work!

You dropped back in during the slowest period since I've been here. It's not as bad as it seems right now. During the build up to the last album release it got really going. I think now that it's passed and summer and vacations and all that, people are spending time on other things.

There isn't really a competition on the forums for new information. Everything spreads immediately across Facebook and Twitter now and information is shared quite freely among the different fan groups.

A few of us went to Paris for a recent autograph session and purchased 80 CDs and several of the Enfoires DVDs and she autographed each one knowing they were destined for members of this forum. I believe she has been offered any help she wanted over and over again by the forum and has never responded.

I personally feel that she does not want to come to the US, nor be the big star she used to be. Been there, done that. But the new album was released here on iTunes and Amazon so they did at least acknowledge that there are fans here. Granted, if there was enough interest she might decide to come, but I'm really not so sure.

And there are members here who are still doing some of the things like contacting radio stations and giving them CDs.

Some of her future is up to her though. I like the new CD, I like the early music as well. I think she could have done some things differently on the new album to make it have more appeal but I can only speak from my point of view and I'm not sure I know how the rest of her fanbase feels about these things. Perhaps she did what she wanted to do and we can take it or leave it.

Anyway, thanks again for making those videos and for all you have done to promote her. It's more than I'll probably ever accomplish for her.

-Ray
Old 07-05-2013, 07:23 PM
El Pikito...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post

Some of her future is up to her though. I like the new CD, I like the early music as well. I think she could have done some things differently on the new album to make it have more appeal but I can only speak from my point of view and I'm not sure I know how the rest of her fanbase feels about these things. Perhaps she did what she wanted to do and we can take it or leave it.

Anyway, thanks again for making those videos and for all you have done to promote her. It's more than I'll probably ever accomplish for her.

-Ray
Dang, Ray!!! where is the fight left, as a fan man??? thats the point and the problem with Alizee, if you let her decide what she wants, unfortunatly, she will never do anything... you have no idea how much Jeremy Chatelain did for her by simply pushing her along.
But if you show her by numbers, she will come around, she once told us she would come to the USA when she felt she had a big following, she just doesent see enough people calling her name thats all...

Man you guys are going to wake up two big monsters in Lilly Town, Mon Maquis and Myself!!!! u Need leadership!!! where is ben is my question!!!!?

By ac_mix at 2009-03-09
Old 07-05-2013, 08:46 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Dang, Ray!!! where is the fight left, as a fan man??? thats the point and the problem with Alizee, if you let her decide what she wants, unfortunatly, she will never do anything... you have no idea how much Jeremy Chatelain did for her by simply pushing her along.
But if you show her by numbers, she will come around, she once told us she would come to the USA when she felt she had a big following, she just doesent see enough people calling her name thats all...

Man you guys are going to wake up two big monsters in Lilly Town, Mon Maquis and Myself!!!! u Need leadership!!! where is ben is my question!!!!?
Ben no longer visits the forum, and neither does Brad for even longer a time.
The forum's active admins are Merci Alizée and Lefty, both very admirable.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:11 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

I think our friends in Chile, Peru or other Latin American countries would have a much better luck in promoting Alizee. It's a lot eaiser to distribute her cd's to the clubs and radio stations there compared to here where piracy laws are being enforced more and the penalties are much heavier. Just look at how many dental offices use Alizee's images without her permission.

Another possibility that I see for her would be Canada where a sizeable percentage of the population speaks French and where some French singers have had some kind of success before.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:32 PM
Super Moderator

Mon Maquis is on a distinguished road

Oh AC Mix...your sooooo true in everything you say. That's why I do post much anymore on here. There used to be a hardcore group of fans that would actually go out and do things. Now all I see is....I love her eyes...I love her lips, I love her hair...and no one is really doing anything anymore. There was no Alizee news back in the day, so you had to make your own....like did you see what I did today...or I went to the clubs and had them play Alizee music and here is the video of everyone dancing to it...now you see none of that...

A lot of people are all talk...I think you remember when Alizee has shows in Mexico. You would of think more fans would have went from the US, but nope...Just Ben an Roman and I think 1 other...but they did not go to all the shows like we did AC Mix...They all backed out and made excuses...then they all felt guilty for not going and waited for the last minute to go to Paris show...but then it was too late...lack of ticket sales made that happen because lack of support. But Alizee blamed it on her manager...yeah ok...I was the FIRST person to know weeks in advance that show as ...and I was the one who bitched about it saying you better tell your fans because if you dont say something they are going to lose a lot of money in plane tickets and hotels.....then the hand written letter came a day later.

After that bull shit I was done being a fan...the lack of respect of her knowing WAY in advance the show was canceled and not telling anyone.

I would say things about Alizee and fans would jump down my throat for saying its not true...Like the whole Jérémy Chatelain things....me and AC Mix...talked about them not being together since 2008. But fans would say no thats not true...Im sorry but when you see Alizee in Mexico and Jérémy Chatelain would not even be around her...I'm sorry but if I had a girlfriend of was (fake) married, then I would want to be around her all the time...they were never together you can tell they hated each other...

Sooo thats why I kinda of gave up....the lack of respect she gave her fans. I know you got 80 CD's signed recently. Oh wow...it was like pulling teeth to get her to autograph CD's for her US fans and she did not even take the time to personalize them. Not like she can't give an hour of her time to write people names on them. Not like she offered the Forum to sign the CD's....you had to almost force her to sign them. Actually you had to BUY her autograph because she wont sign anything for free if you were to write her. SOoo see my point...that stuff is the truth and the truth hurts. She has time to go out with Dancerman to dinner almost every day, but cant give an hour to her fans....

Sooooo I gave up on Alizee and took my knowledge and what I learned from promoting Alizee stuff in the US and put it to good use. I helped Yelle and Melissa Mars with my ideas and my connections I made over the years. Yelle has a VERY successful concerts in the US and also toured with Katy Perry...Melissa Mars is now living in LA since I helped her with connections I made in LA. Now she has filmed 4 US movies in the last year, soon to be in theaters in 2014....these connections could of been Alizee's...but she just gave up....she had Mexico by the balls and just gave up....sooo sad...

But you guys can still enjoy her doing a TV show singing playback every now and then and doing a showcase singing someone else's music when Im going to Yelle concerts in the US and watching Melissa's movies in theaters...

I'm not trying to be mean...I'm just stating truth....

People make a lot of excuses...like she can't be promoted in the US people dont know her....Melissa Mars is not known in the US. Her English was bad like Alizee...and I walked into a casting directors office in LA and said this is Melissa Mars... AC Mix... was there to witness this...sooo there is no excuse why Alizee can't do the same.

Thats the difference of old Forum members and the new ones of today...It took a lot of BALLS to do some of the stuff we did, but it worked.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:39 PM
El Pikito...

Damn Mon maquis.... and i thought i was beingh tuff lol well i didnt want to say it like that... but thats it...

By ac_mix at 2009-03-09
Old 07-05-2013, 10:35 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mon Maquis View Post
Oh AC Mix...your sooooo true in everything you say. That's why I do post much anymore on here. There used to be a hardcore group of fans that would actually go out and do things. Now all I see is....I love her eyes...I love her lips, I love her hair...and no one is really doing anything anymore. There was no Alizee news back in the day, so you had to make your own....like did you see what I did today...or I went to the clubs and had them play Alizee music and here is the video of everyone dancing to it...now you see none of that...

A lot of people are all talk...I think you remember when Alizee has shows in Mexico. You would of think more fans would have went from the US, but nope...Just Ben an Roman and I think 1 other...but they did not go to all the shows like we did AC Mix...They all backed out and made excuses...then they all felt guilty for not going and waited for the last minute to go to Paris show...but then it was too late...lack of ticket sales made that happen because lack of support. But Alizee blamed it on her manager...yeah ok...I was the FIRST person to know weeks in advance that show as ...and I was the one who bitched about it saying you better tell your fans because if you dont say something they are going to lose a lot of money in plane tickets and hotels.....then the hand written letter came a day later.

After that bull shit I was done being a fan...the lack of respect of her knowing WAY in advance the show was canceled and not telling anyone.

I would say things about Alizee and fans would jump down my throat for saying its not true...Like the whole Jérémy Chatelain things....me and AC Mix...talked about them not being together since 2008. But fans would say no thats not true...Im sorry but when you see Alizee in Mexico and Jérémy Chatelain would not even be around her...I'm sorry but if I had a girlfriend of was (fake) married, then I would want to be around her all the time...they were never together you can tell they hated each other...

Sooo thats why I kinda of gave up....the lack of respect she gave her fans. I know you got 80 CD's signed recently. Oh wow...it was like pulling teeth to get her to autograph CD's for her US fans and she did not even take the time to personalize them. Not like she can't give an hour of her time to write people names on them. Not like she offered the Forum to sign the CD's....you had to almost force her to sign them. Actually you had to BUY her autograph because she wont sign anything for free if you were to write her. SOoo see my point...that stuff is the truth and the truth hurts. She has time to go out with Dancerman to dinner almost every day, but cant give an hour to her fans....

Sooooo I gave up on Alizee and took my knowledge and what I learned from promoting Alizee stuff in the US and put it to good use. I helped Yelle and Melissa Mars with my ideas and my connections I made over the years. Yelle has a VERY successful concerts in the US and also toured with Katy Perry...Melissa Mars is now living in LA since I helped her with connections I made in LA. Now she has filmed 4 US movies in the last year, soon to be in theaters in 2014....these connections could of been Alizee's...but she just gave up....she had Mexico by the balls and just gave up....sooo sad...

But you guys can still enjoy her doing a TV show singing playback every now and then and doing a showcase singing someone else's music when Im going to Yelle concerts in the US and watching Melissa's movies in theaters...

I'm not trying to be mean...I'm just stating truth....

People make a lot of excuses...like she can't be promoted in the US people dont know her....Melissa Mars is not known in the US. Her English was bad like Alizee...and I walked into a casting directors office in LA and said this is Melissa Mars... AC Mix... was there to witness this...sooo there is no excuse why Alizee can't do the same.

Thats the difference of old Forum members and the new ones of today...It took a lot of BALLS to do some of the stuff we did, but it worked.
I know that most of the current members here either don’t have the ability, time or desire to invest in promoting Alizée the way you did in the past. The head of this site doesn’t even come here, nor does he have any interest. Those of us left just keep the lights on and try to keep the place in order.

But MM, it seems you are contradicting yourself in a way. On the one hand, you are being critical of the members here for not stepping up to the plate for Alizée like you did, and yet you go on to say that you discovered it wasn’t worth it in her case. Your post just provided a number of reasons why we shouldn’t try to promote her in the US. As a matter of fact, I remember you hinting around quite a bit about these issues concerning Alizée here in the past, like you were trying to open up people’s eyes to the truth about Alizée. Did you ever stop to think that maybe your posts here played a part in discouraging people from such promotion efforts? That maybe you even played a part in getting fans to drop Alizée and leave here?

I think the people here now are just enjoying Alizée for what she does offer, but have no illusions about actually getting her to the USA. For me personally, I would have to say that you convinced me long ago to not even bother to try. If someone as well connected and experienced as you couldn’t succeed in getting Alizée to do what you wanted, I sure believe I would even have less of a chance.

In a nutshell, you seem to be criticizing people for not doing what you, yourself are no longer willing to do. I’m sorry, but it makes no sense to me.
Old 07-05-2013, 10:38 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Well from what you guys say, it seems like Alizée isn't very interested in being here. However AC you mentioned that:

Quote:
Do you honestly think it can be done? That with enough people calling her name, she would do it? Because right now you're right. There are very few willing to do anything big and ballsy to promote her, the way you guys have. I don't know if I can count myself among them, for various reasons I won't list here, but I do want to help.

Paper fliers at malls, sample CDs, flooding her accounts, these things can be easily done by a team of people. One of the bigger problems though is that we are pretty spread out. There are maybe 5 members total within an hour's drive to DC for example, if at least two could commit to spending the day at the big tourist spots, handing these out, playing her music on a portable music player, it would be a good start. But I don't know how many members are willing/able. I think we would first have to reach out to the many guests that lurk around on the forums daily, who can play a part in their areas. We don't need an army, just a team of fans in the major cities to start.

Another concern of mine is promoting her in the other countries represented on AAm. Many members aren't in the US and could only do so much to help. But I have no idea how to combine efforts and bring her to the US and elsewhere.

Last edited by Fall; 07-05-2013 at 10:41 PM..
Old 07-05-2013, 10:43 PM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

Trying to promote her almost anywhere is totally pointless.
Remember she doesn't play live or have concerts anywhere so the chances of her playing in the US are nil.
Until she sorts herself out and makes a decision if she actually wants a career or not there is nothing anyone on this Forum or anywhere else can do that will make the slightest difference.