Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 01-15-2007, 05:19 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Yes, please do upload it along with the other little files on the DVD (I'll probably need them to fix the file). The SP quality wasn't bad, though like RMJ mentioned it was pretty clearly re-encoded. We're hopping XP may not do that. If so, the quality will be much better without the file sizes actually being that much greater. If it's just an increase in bitrate while still processing the files in the same way, then it's probably not necessary.
Old 01-15-2007, 06:11 PM

aFrenchie is on a distinguished road

Here it is: http://www.mediafire.com/?4zzgyjruffm
Due to the flashy decor and all the people dancing, all images in this clip are very multicolored, it should be a good sample to test the mode (or is it not?)
Old 01-15-2007, 06:35 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Thanks aFrenchie, got it. It's getting a bit late for more technobabble now, so we'll continue this tomorrow shall we?
Old 01-16-2007, 02:38 AM
Banned

RMJ is on a distinguished road

Thanks aFrenchie. Downloading it now. .)

And the speed of mediafire seems to be back to normal, too. (250k/Bs, and I think it's gapped to that. If I start multiple downloads, I get up to 950kB/s total )
Old 01-16-2007, 09:06 AM
Banned

I was just checking the file and umm.... Are you sure you recorded it with different (XP) mode ? Because it uses excatly same bitrate as the earlier clip.

If they were same lenght, they'd be same size aussi.

Now when I think of it... 9.8MB/s bitrate is pretty much max for DVD video. Did you use th e XP mode in both ?

Last edited by RMJ; 01-16-2007 at 09:33 AM..
Old 01-16-2007, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMJ View Post
If they were same lenght, they'd be same size aussi.
Oops you're right. 1st one, 2mn36 (156sec): 165,380,096 - 2nd one, 45sec: 52,080,640. Looks like about the same proportion...
I'm sure I've selected XP before recording on the HDD. But I've done exactly the same that I'm used to do when copying on the DVD. I probably had to force XP there too and it must have used SP as default again... I'll burn the clip again later (still on my hdd) and make sure I can choose the mode for the DVD independently of the HDD. Hopefully, you'll be able to compare the exact same clip in 2 different modes!
Old 01-16-2007, 11:29 AM
Gone to Alaska

guldebrett is on a distinguished road

This probably has nothing to do with your discussion but I use AnyDVD to decrypt and copy the .VOB files to my hard drive and use WinDVD to view them. I then used Adobe Premiere Elements to make single performance VOB video file out of the bigger VOB files. Only once did have a audio timing problem and that was with Alizee singing "Ca Va Pa.." Inevitably, I had to fix it in Premiere Elements by separating the audio and video tracks and moving the audio forward a bit. But I've never had a problem with most VOB files, only a few video glitches at the beginning of some of the VOB files that I made but that was due to the processor being busy with other services. I solved the problem of glitching by shutting down all non-essential services and programs running in the background and then making the VOB file.

Just my two bits.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:18 PM
Banned

Ok, I had now chance to try out the software (VOB2MPG) that Snatcher mentioned last night ( I couldn't try it out last night since I didn't had .net Framework 2.0 installed and it needs reboot... which was unacceptable last night).

It does do the trick. I managed to fix both files with simple running it. Took few seconds to complete and I had two MPG files that played well on MPC and WMP (which is huge success!). I don't have VLC installed so I couldn't confirm Snatcher's problem with it... Maybe later...

The sync seemed to be very good on mpg files.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:37 PM

I've been able to select the XP mode specifically for the DVD indeed, then launched the copy of yesterday's clip (made in XP on the HDD, I verified that in its properties) and I still have a file about the same size on the DVD: 52,217,856 (instead of 52,080,640). To be sure, I do it again, this time in SP mode again, and the file is 52,080,640 again!!!
I don't understand... I even wonder if my two clips aren't in XP modes anyway. According to this pic that I already posted:

If you do the math: 45sec is 1/80 of 1 hour (3600sec). If you multiply 52,217,856 * 80 = 4,177,428,480, that's close to 4.7 GB... Same for the first Jacquou clip...

Well, now I must say that all I've done until now with this machine was by intuition in all the menus. Now maybe I should open the manual and read it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMJ View Post
Ok, I had now chance to try out the software (VOB2MPG) that Snatcher mentioned last night
Too bad for VOB2MPG: the setup wants me to upgrade my .net Framework version and last time I did that, I had tons of problems in my system, I don't even remember how I sorted them out...
If you know any other progs doing the same convertion, I'd like it better .
Old 01-16-2007, 01:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aFrenchie View Post
Well, now I must say that all I've done until now with this machine was by intuition in all the menus. Now maybe I should open the manual and read it!
Try what those other two modes does. LP and EP. Does they effect neither.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aFrenchie View Post
Too bad for VOB2MPG: the setup wants me to upgrade my .net Framework version and last time I did that, I had tons of problems in my system, I don't even remember how I sorted them out...
If you know any other progs doing the same convertion, I'd like it better .
To put it simple, it's the only one. But since this program needs one button click to fix the file, I wouldn't even consider other softwares.

If you could find old version of it, it would need only framework 1.x instead of 2.0.