Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-22-2018, 10:00 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Default Alizée and High definition

It's too bad Alizée came along before HD came into wide spread use. If there was one woman who was meant for HD, it was her. I often speak of Lorie, another beautiful French singer, in comparison to Alizée. But Lorie's beauty, while a very good beauty, is a common beauty. Alizée's beauty is a unique beauty, I think because she's Corsican and that is a type of beauty the world hasn't been exposed to much, until the discovery of Alizée and as far as hd, I"m mainly speaking of the early years which were I'd say extra special.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 04-23-2018 at 07:32 AM..
Old 04-23-2018, 08:05 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

I've wondered if the clock was turned back for Alizee only and released Moi Lolita this year and not in 2000, what would her popularity be like compared to what she experienced back then? Would HD quality videos alone have helped her career? I think an argument could be made that she rose to stardom just at the right time.

It would be great to have a collection of HD videos that covers her early years. I believe her beauty was so unique that the world won't see anything like it again, at least in my lifetime. Maybe not having her in HD brings a bit of nostalgia to her videos, but I would much rather have them in HD.
Old 04-23-2018, 02:23 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I think you kind of answered your first question with your following statement. Her beauty if ML happened today I feel is still unique and would be just as captivating.

Plus I think the music with her songs I feel is timeless. It never seems to be outdated and I still love listening to it, 11 years later. The music at the beginning of ML just grabs your attention and then she breaks into song! I often referred to the Alizee/MF/LB combination as a dream team. The music they put out back then, would be just as enjoyed today.

Of course the main difference is we in this country would've known about her practically over night, not years later as the case was for so many of us. Word would have spread like wild fire through the internet system we have now and people here would be clicking on Alizee instead of Beyonce or Madonna or Rhianna. I really believe that and as isn't the case of these other singers I mentioned, they would've fell in love for her for what's on the inside.

I also feel a 'Lolita' is still a controversial subject in this country, but the storm that would be hitting Youtube in the form of Alizee would shatter that barrier.

J'en ai marre in HD, I don't know if the world is ready for that.
Old 04-23-2018, 02:39 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I really believe that and as isn't the case of these other singers I mentioned, they would've fell in love for her for what's on the inside.
Even back then I was getting so tired of the trashy singers and other celebrities that Alizee was like a breath of fresh air, looks aside. She was like the girl next door, but way better. I know there are many millions of others that would have felt the same way in this country if she had somehow managed to break into the US market. Especially now, with entertainers becoming more abhorrent and polarizing, and the music becoming more... awful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
J'en ai marre in HD, I don't know if the world is ready for that.
The sound of heads exploding would be heard worldwide.
Old 04-23-2018, 11:15 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
Even back then I was getting so tired of the trashy singers and other celebrities that Alizee was like a breath of fresh air, looks aside. She was like the girl next door, but way better. I know there are many millions of others that would have felt the same way in this country if she had somehow managed to break into the US market. Especially now, with entertainers becoming more abhorrent and polarizing, and the music becoming more... awful.
Very True.
Old 04-24-2018, 03:12 AM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=CleverCowboy;261074]Even back then I was getting so tired of the trashy singers and other celebrities that Alizee was like a breath of fresh air, looks aside. She was like the girl next door, but way better. I know there are many millions of others that would have felt the same way in this country if she had somehow managed to break into the US market. Especially now, with entertainers becoming more abhorrent and polarizing, and the music becoming more... awful.

You described my experience and thoughts exactly. After I took an interest in Alizee I searched out other French pop stars and found quite a few that I like: Vanessa Paradis, Garou, Lara Fabian, and Louis Delort to name a few. Additional singers that I value have been handed to me by people on AA: Lilly Wood and the Prick and Louane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zdqymnZoHc

Old 04-25-2018, 07:32 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
After I took an interest in Alizee I searched out other French pop stars and found quite a few that I like: Vanessa Paradis, Garou, Lara Fabian, and Louis Delort to name a few. Additional singers that I value have been handed to me by people on AA: Lilly Wood and the Prick and Louane.
I agree that Alizee opened me up to a whole new world of music. The Les Enfoires videos led me to investigate who the other singers on the stage were, and then to listen to their music. I really enjoy listening to Patrick Fiori. He has an amazing and powerful voice.
Old 05-01-2018, 02:11 AM

VitaminAlizée333 is on a distinguished road

Virtual Reality Alizée