Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-18-2018, 03:10 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post
That was very well done, Scruffy. But I have to say I don’t agree with the part about you...I don’t think Alizée would be so cruel to you! She proved that recently in Corsica!

I've been one of her biggest critics over the years. After cutting ties with Mylene Farmer, she came out with her first album over 3 years later in 2007 and I thought her first concert in Moscow was a real amateur effort and I warned there would be trouble for her if she didn't make big changes. Others were critical too, but in a very mild way. They were too afraid of hurting her feelings. So little was changed and though she did have some success in Mexico, she was unable to hold a concert in her home country.

Her next album wasn't much better. It was bad enough for her to lose the great songs of MF/LB, but what I think she needed most was there management skills. I was very critical during this period too. Maybe I just couldn't accept anything less than the perfection that MF/LB gave us.

So the criticism of mainly the first, but partly the second album too was what prompted me to feel she might want to do me grievous harm if she ever met me, though I felt the criticism I offered was something I thought she needed.

I was also very critical of her in things that came later after I made that video and that was the tattoo stage. In 2013, after separating from her husband, she got a rash of tattoos on her arm in quick succession, that was just killing me to see someone as beautiful as her, destroying her beauty inch by inch. I actually cussed her out at the time. So how Alizee would react to me on different occasions was something I wondered about at the time, that's if she was even aware of them.

But based on my recent experience, she either was never aware of them or if she was, maybe she knows I meant well even though my methods left a lot to be desired.
Old 10-18-2018, 09:07 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Well, constructive criticism might not be appreciated at the time it is offered, but often when people look back they are able to see that it means a lot that someone cared enough to be “critical.” Just the fact that you were paying enough attention to form strong opinions might have done more for her than you realize. Celebrities are so often surrounded by only sycophants and “yes men.” After awhile they lose perspective and don’t see reality—and don’t know who they can trust. That can lead to terrible choices—both personally and career-wise. I think you’ve proven your true dedication over the years. Alizée is most likely wise enough to value your opinions and understand the concern and respect that motivated your expression of them.
Old 10-19-2018, 02:41 AM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post
Clever Cowboy,
I like that picture of Alizée. One of the things I admire about her is that it is really impossible (even for a woman!) to tell how much makeup she does or does not use. That is because if she IS made up, it is done so tastefully that it just enhances her appearance without distorting it. So many women, unfortunately, have no idea how to apply makeup. They way overdo it. Of course, Alizée is young and some people would say that is why she looks so good without a lot of makeup. I disagree. It is true, of course, that she is naturally very pretty. But I believe her beauty is the kind that will last as she ages. And she obviously knows how to let her natural attractiveness show and is able to use makeup as an aid but not as some kind of mask. I wish more girls and women would take a leaf from her book!

I believe her makeup in these photos was applied by a cosmetologist, who applied it so delicately that it's difficult to tell that Alizée has a fair amount on her face. Most of it is the base which appears invisible. I'm sure Alizée picked up quite a few tips from the professionals.

Last edited by Shepherd; 10-19-2018 at 02:44 AM..
Old 10-19-2018, 10:59 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
I believe her makeup in these photos was applied by a cosmetologist, who applied it so delicately that it's difficult to tell that Alizée has a fair amount on her face. Most of it is the base which appears invisible. I'm sure Alizée picked up quite a few tips from the professionals.
With Alizee, less is more. Her natural complexion is remarkable.
Old 10-19-2018, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
With Alizee, less is more. Her natural complexion is remarkable.

The art of cosmetics is to create the illusion of "less is more." Alizee has the advantage that most of the photos we have of her are when she was very young, so she didn't need much. Even so, I wouldn't underestimate the power of the cosmetic industry.

Before:

After:

Most of what you see is the base which covers her whole face. The lipstick and eye makeup are final touches. The trick is to select a base that is almost identical to one's natural skin tone and then apply it without it looking like you used a trowel (making it appear pasty). The base covers blemishes and removes the oily shine--the reason women in the good old days were supposedly running off to powder their noses.
Old 10-24-2018, 08:02 AM
Administrator

Quote:
The art of cosmetics is to create the illusion of "less is more." Alizee has the advantage that most of the photos we have of her are when she was very young, so she didn't need much. Even so, I wouldn't underestimate the power of the cosmetic industry.

Most of what you see is the base which covers her whole face. The lipstick and eye makeup are final touches. The trick is to select a base that is almost identical to one's natural skin tone and then apply it without it looking like you used a trowel (making it appear pasty). The base covers blemishes and removes the oily shine--the reason women in the good old days were supposedly running off to powder their noses.
OK, this is bringing out the science geek in me.

Women have been applying makeup to their faces for eternity, even if it was the juice of red berries on their lips. Biologically, this is probably to enhance the look of being fertile, which is turn attracts the opposite sex more readily.

Makeup is the "great equalizer". I remember reading a study done where photos of many women from 18-25 were shown to a controlled group of men and women, split around 50/50. They were asked to score the women's attractiveness. The women had no makeup applied whatsoever. The highest scoring women had the highest levels of estrogen, which has been shown to have a direct link to how attractive a woman is. The women that were ovulating at the time had the highest scores overall, when estrogen spikes. Biology at work.

The next set of photos shows had women with no makeup and ovulating, so estrogen was very high, along with lower estrogen women (that would score low with no makeup), but with makeup applied. There was no noticeable difference in attractiveness scores between the two types of women. So, makeup does do what it supposed to do.

Just to make things even here, I'm going to pick on us guys, where it's more about virility. Men with facial hair score higher among women than those without. If you are good looking with a well groomed beard, you will do well with the ladies What was kind of bizarre was that men's photos were shown posing next to automobiles. The same man standing next to a pickup truck scored higher in attractiveness than him standing next to a Chevy Volt, for example. I don't know if this study was funded by Ford or not.
Old 10-24-2018, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
OK, this is bringing out the science geek in me.

Women have been applying makeup to their faces for eternity, even if it was the juice of red berries on their lips. Biologically, this is probably to enhance the look of being fertile, which is turn attracts the opposite sex more readily.

Makeup is the "great equalizer". I remember reading a study done where photos of many women from 18-25 were shown to a controlled group of men and women, split around 50/50. They were asked to score the women's attractiveness. The women had no makeup applied whatsoever. The highest scoring women had the highest levels of estrogen, which has been shown to have a direct link to how attractive a woman is. The women that were ovulating at the time had the highest scores overall, when estrogen spikes. Biology at work.

The next set of photos shows had women with no makeup and ovulating, so estrogen was very high, along with lower estrogen women (that would score low with no makeup), but with makeup applied. There was no noticeable difference in attractiveness scores between the two types of women. So, makeup does do what it supposed to do.

Just to make things even here, I'm going to pick on us guys, where it's more about virility. Men with facial hair score higher among women than those without. If you are good looking with a well groomed beard, you will do well with the ladies What was kind of bizarre was that men's photos were shown posing next to automobiles. The same man standing next to a pickup truck scored higher in attractiveness than him standing next to a Chevy Volt, for example. I don't know if this study was funded by Ford or not.

I took biology in high school and never realized it could be so sexy. If I had, I would have paid more attention.

As for guys and their cars: I have five sisters. When we were younger they impressed on me how important it was to have money. They took every opportunity to point out that rich guys have more beautiful girlfriends. At the time I thought my mother had put them up to this to get me to work harder on my grades.

My youngest sister, when she was in her mid-twenties and been around the block a few times, made the argument that guys with money are more intelligent and much more fun to be with. If I were a woman, I'm sure I would think that.

I read somewhere that women are biologically attracted to money and strength more than looks as a survival mechanism. Darwin, don't cha know.

As a teenager, it seemed the biggest assholes got the most beautiful girls despite the girls insisting they were looking for nice guys. Listening to the women, you would think there were no nice guys for miles around. On the ground that didn't compute. The nice guys were all standing in the corner, wearing woeful expressions.

I also noticed that dogs have an unfair advantage with women even though dogs aren't very smart and have no money. None of them have a driver's license let alone a car. And their social behavior is downright gross. Yet, I have never heard a woman lament "Why aren't men more like a dog?" It seems to go the other way around. Sometimes there's no pleasing women.

Old 10-24-2018, 09:50 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I took biology in high school and never realized it could be so sexy. If I had, I would have paid more attention.

As for guys and their cars: I have five sisters. When we were younger they impressed on me how important it was to have money. They took every opportunity to point out that rich guys have more beautiful girlfriends. At the time I thought my mother had put them up to this to get me to work harder on my grades.

My youngest sister, when she was in her mid-twenties and been around the block a few times, made the argument that guys with money are more intelligent and much more fun to be with. If I were a woman, I'm sure I would think that.

I read somewhere that women are biologically attracted to money and strength more than looks as a survival mechanism. Darwin, don't cha know.

As a teenager, it seemed the biggest assholes got the most beautiful girls despite the girls insisting they were looking for nice guys. Listening to the women, you would think there were no nice guys for miles around. On the ground that didn't compute. The nice guys were all standing in the corner, wearing woeful expressions.

I also noticed that dogs have an unfair advantage with women even though dogs aren't very smart and have no money. None of them have a driver's license let alone a car. And their social behavior is downright gross. Yet, I have never heard a woman lament "Why aren't men more like a dog?" It seems to go the other way around. Sometimes there's no pleasing women.

I've known a few single guys in my time who went out and got a dog just because they are babe magnets.
Old 10-25-2018, 07:26 AM
Administrator

Quote:

I give you a +1 on your response

My best friend in high school and college was an average looking guy, had average success with girls, and they tended to be average looking as well. Let's call him Mr. Average. He was be one that you would call a nice guy. One night we went to hit the clubs, and just for fun, he said he was going to act like a jerk to girls all night. He didn't smoke but went and bought a pack of Marlboros (this was back in the day when you could smoke in clubs). I went to mingle for a while and came back to the table and there were three very good looking girls sitting with him. Mr. Average was smoking, yammering it up with the ladies like I had never seen before. He was loud and cracking jokes and threw out what I considered insults. He was like an actor playing a role. This continued all night. Later I see him kissing on some girl. At the end of the night he ended up with two or three phone numbers. We got a good laugh out of it, but I did notice he changed up his game after this night when we went out. I could never do it because I found it hard to be somebody other than myself. I would make a lousy actor.

I have read that women prefer to marry and have children with the nice guys, even guys whose attractiveness levels are below what they could easily get. Reason is because they are less likely to stray and leave for another woman. Biology again.

But, we live in a different world now where gender roles are blurry and sometimes switched. Women have great careers now and are making bank and don't need a man to bring home the bacon. Many are well armed and know how to use a weapon so don't rely so much on men for protection. Men know how to do their own laundry now and cook their own dinner. Soon come the robot spouses and no need to ever date. This is progress?
Old 10-25-2018, 04:31 PM
Miam Miam!

eru777 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for sharing your trip with us Scruffy, your dedication is amazing.