Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 10-25-2018, 04:44 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Old 10-26-2018, 08:24 AM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
The attraction of hetero women to Alizee is something that is very obvious and I would like to know why. Young woman can be very competitive and catty, and feel jealous of a peer that is more beautiful than themselves. This didn't seem to be a problem with Alizee.

My theory: there is something different about Alizee's physical beauty, and it goes over women's heads. Whatever it is that Alizee has, only men can actually see it. In other words, when women look at Alizee, she doesn't seem particularly beautiful. To them, she seems pretty and feminine, but in an ordinary sort of way. Because Alizee doesn't appear stunningly beautiful to women, women are less intimidated by her and find her easier to like.
Old 10-26-2018, 09:09 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
My theory: there is something different about Alizee's physical beauty, and it goes over women's heads. Whatever it is that Alizee has, only men can actually see it. In other words, when women look at Alizee, she doesn't seem particularly beautiful. To them, she seems pretty and feminine, but in an ordinary sort of way. Because Alizee doesn't appear stunningly beautiful to women, women are less intimidated by her and find her easier to like.
I think you might have a point or two here. While hetero women might call her beautiful and maybe even gorgeous, I don't think they would describe her as "stunning", whereas many of her male fans, like myself, think she is just that.

Most people get exposed to Alizee for the first time through the JEAM or La Isla Bonita videos. In each case, she has the swaying of the hips. You can't watch it just once, more like 20 times in a row Maybe there is something seductive to her movements that work on men's subconscious that doesn't occur in women that gives her the perception of greater beauty?

I'm just speculating here. We have discussed Alizee's x-factor recently and I don't know if can be figured out.
Old 10-26-2018, 11:17 AM

ALS is on a distinguished road

It's called the girl next door look.
Old 10-28-2018, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Most people get exposed to Alizee for the first time through the JEAM or La Isla Bonita videos. In each case, she has the swaying of the hips. You can't watch it just once, more like 20 times in a row Maybe there is something seductive to her movements that work on men's subconscious that doesn't occur in women that gives her the perception of greater beauty?
I think the dancing is part of it. But I think Alizee's sex appeal is centered in her physical appearance, rather than her physical movements.

Here is my thinking:

Imagine Julia doing the JEAM dance. You've got Julia dressed up in the JEAM costume, and she's on stage along with the two guitarists. Imagine she can do the JEAM dance exactly as Alizee did it.

I don't think Julia would have quite the same impact on men--- do you? Julia is a pretty blonde, and JEAM is a sexy dance---- and so yes, Julia's performance would be a hit with men. But I suspect that men wouldn't be mesermized by Julia in the way that they are by Alizee.

There is something about Alizee's physical appearance that is having a hypnotic effect on men.

Would you agree with that? (Or do you think that Julia could have the same JEAM effect on men that Alizee does?)

Quote:
I'm just speculating here. We have discussed Alizee's x-factor recently and I don't know if can be figured out.
What thread was that, by the way? I'd like to read it.

I think everything can ultimately be figured out.
Old 10-28-2018, 09:37 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
It's called the girl next door look.
Very simple but valid point!

Edit:

Quote:
I think the dancing is part of it. But I think Alizee's sex appeal is centered in her physical appearance, rather than her physical movements.

Here is my thinking:

Imagine Julia doing the JEAM dance. You've got Julia dressed up in the JEAM costume, and she's on stage along with the two guitarists. Imagine she can do the JEAM dance exactly as Alizee did it.

I don't think Julia would have quite the same impact on men--- do you? Julia is a pretty blonde, and JEAM is a sexy dance---- and so yes, Julia's performance would be a hit with men. But I suspect that men wouldn't be mesermized by Julia in the way that they are by Alizee.

There is something about Alizee's physical appearance that is having a hypnotic effect on men.

Would you agree with that? (Or do you think that Julia could have the same JEAM effect on men that Alizee does?)
Getting bit by the Lili bug is a real phenomena, but getting bit my the Julia bug? I can't say one way or another but I don't foresee it. I know Julia, if she did the JEAM dance exactly like Alizee, would not impact ME like Alizee did, but I cannot speak for others. Everybody likes to talk about Alizee's smile, but I have always been transfixed by her eyes. They are the windows to the soul, as it is said. Maybe it is that dark brown color. Maybe it is the way she makes eye contact with the camera like she is singing directly to you, then glances to the floor in an almost shy manner. Somehow I am drawn by her eyes.

But to answer your question, I doubt that Julia could have the same widespread effect on men as a whole as Alizee, even if she went through the same motions. It could be as simple as what ALS said, the girl next door look. Sexy and modest at the same time. The mixed signals that make her more interesting than a girl all one way or the other.

Quote:
What thread was that, by the way? I'd like to read it.
It wasn't a specific thread, but posts mixed it on other threads. I will look for them.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 10-28-2018 at 10:06 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 10-29-2018, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Getting bit by the Lili bug is a real phenomena, but getting bit my the Julia bug? I can't say one way or another but I don't foresee it. I know Julia, if she did the JEAM dance exactly like Alizee, would not impact ME like Alizee did, but I cannot speak for others. Everybody likes to talk about Alizee's smile, but I have always been transfixed by her eyes. They are the windows to the soul, as it is said. Maybe it is that dark brown color. Maybe it is the way she makes eye contact with the camera like she is singing directly to you, then glances to the floor in an almost shy manner. Somehow I am drawn by her eyes.

Okay. Let's suppose that Julia duplicates all of Alizee's physical motions--- not only Alizee's body movements, but Alizee's facial expressions as well. Julia performs the JEAM dance *exactly* like Alizee, down to the millimeter. And Julia produces the exact same facial expressions. Julia makes direct eye contact with the camera when she's singing, just like Alizee; Julia glances to the floor in an almost shy manner--- exactly like Alizee.

Now, would Julia have the same effect on you as Alizee??? Would Julia fascinate you as much as Alizee does??

Okay. You also mentioned that you are transfixed by Alizee's dark brown eyes. So, let's make Julia's eyes dark brown. Julia now has dark brown eyes like Alizee. She performs the JEAM dance *exactly* like Alizee, down to the milimeter. Julia produces the exact same facial expressions as Alizee--- Julia makes direct eye contact with the camera when she's singing, just like Alizee; Julia glances to the floor in an almost shy manner--- exactly like Alizee.

Now, would the brown-eyed Julia have the same effect on you as Alizee???

For myself, I don't think that Julia would have the same effect on me as Alizee. Julia would NOT fascinate me like Alizee does.

My prediction is that you would have a similar reaction: Julia would not fascinate you like Alizee does, either. (Maybe I'm wrong.)

My theory is that is has something to do with Alizee's physical appearance-- in particular, I think it has something to do with Alizee's facial features.

So think about it. Would a perfect simulation of Alizee (by Julia) have the same effect on you as Alizee herself???? I'm 100% certain that it would not--- but what do you think????
Old 10-29-2018, 08:00 AM
Administrator

Quote:
So think about it. Would a perfect simulation of Alizee (by Julia) have the same effect on you as Alizee herself???? I'm 100% certain that it would not--- but what do you think????
You are really putting me on the hot seat now!

I think definitely facial features plays a very large role. I can look back at previous girlfriends, and even my ex-wife, and the ones I felt the most attracted to had similar facial features, such as the shape of the face. But I don't think that is the only thing at work for me.
Old 10-30-2018, 09:04 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I've been chomping at the bit to get involved in this conversation but have been so backed up in other things. I'm still backed up but I want to get caught up in here.

I'm just as perplexed as everyone else, but I'd like to offer my thoughts on the subject, to help solve the mystery, but maybe we are better off not knowing the answer.

Julia is a beautiful young lady. Hearing that she doesn't have the dancing back ground that Alizee has, I'm pulling for her that she will catch up and do well and I'm sure she will.

A couple of other beautiful French singers I like are Lorie and Shy'm. I really enjoy their voices and I just about always enjoy their performances when they are in Les Enfoires, but that's where it ends. I have no interest in following them. Why?

Maybe it's just a simple a thing as her physical beauty. Some people like the looks of European women, some the looks of Asians, some American, then there are so many others such as African and Middle Eastern, not to mention the subcategories in those groups. So maybe it's as simple as that. Maybe it's her Corsican beauty that appeals to us, but I don't buy that. I saw many beautiful women in Corsica. None of them struck me the way she did.

Maybe a lot of it has to do with her dancing. If you look at her performance in Korea, she looks tentative in front of a foreign crowd. I don't think she would've made much of an impression on us if that was the first performance we saw of her. But in her European performances, she was so comfortable, so sure of her self and with her training since she was 4 years old, she danced to perfection and some of these dances were not easy dances. Then you add the way she moves, the wiggle of the hips, the flick of the hands during J'en ai marre.

A couple of more things about her dancing. We've talked her legs before. She did a lot of dancing and she was also into kick boxing, so her legs were a little more muscular, but not in a sculpting type of way. Her legs looked more like that of a 'woman', especially in the jeam outfit. Then she danced with such confidence and poise, it was hard to believe she was only 18. But then in the interview after her performance in the Pour Laurette show, she was being asked questions and she was a little nervous and she looked like a teenage girl once again because she was out of her element.

You add the fact that she always looked like she enjoyed what she was doing. That's something I always look for in a performer whether it be a singer or a band. I enjoy the show a lot more if they look like they are enjoying what they are doing and not just going through the motions of another concert.

For me, a huge part of my fascination with her was due to the music too. LB's music seemed so different and to me so beautiful and was such a great fit for her voice.

I think I've been more captivated by her performances then by her beauty. I would have rathered seen one of her performances of L'Alize at the Olympia than have a private dinner with her. I've been lucky enough to see her in several places, but my dream has been to see her singing and dancing to her own songs.

On one of my vacations to Italy, I had to go to Pistoia because she had performed their twice and it was such a beautiful setting for a beautiful woman. Another place I had to go to was Taormina on Sicily where she performed in a Greeco-Roman theater. Another place I went to was with some difficulty, the Triage Lavoire building in Belgium where ACC was filmed which had an interesting type of beauty.

So it's always been my dream to see her perform. Would I have had the same type of fascination with her if let's say she was just a model? I'm not sure. I'm tempted to say no, but that smile is so infectious and tells so much about her. I think if she didn't smile, I could resist her charms, but once she did.....game over.
Old 10-30-2018, 10:11 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
So it's always been my dream to see her perform. Would I have had the same type of fascination with her if let's say she was just a model? I'm not sure. I'm tempted to say no, but that smile is so infectious and tells so much about her. I think if she didn't smile, I could resist her charms, but once she did.....game over.
Maybe you just answered your own question here about what makes her special over the others. The smile. Hands down the best smile I have ever seen. It lights up the room.

You bring up the the topic of what about if she was a model and not a performer. What about if she was a bank teller? Or maybe a waitress at the local cafe? I think those are valid questions. If everything is the same about her looks and her charms and she is just a waitress serving you a grand slam breakfast at a Denny's restaurant, would she be somebody you travel halfway across the world to have to serve you breakfast, assuming there is a Denny's in Ajaccio?

If I had to ask myself that question, it would be "it depends". She would still be stunning refilling my coffee cup and I would leave her a big tip even if she poured some on my lap, but I would never know her personality the way I do if she hadn't been a celebrity. There would be no face scrunch. There would be no indication of how she treats other people. There would just be her beauty and her asking me how I would like my eggs cooked.