Old 11-29-2018, 09:56 AM

autumn.leaves is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
What was this topic about?
Just look at the title
Old 11-29-2018, 05:01 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Just to let the new members know some of us are very protective of Alizée. Do we have our criticisms of her, yes we do when they are legitimate.

When someone attacks her just to be a troll and agitate the other members you will get stepped on very quickly. It isn't you, it is because over the last eleven years we've had to endure a number of people who came on this board to do nothing more than tear down Alizée, just to make us mad.

We gave them a chance to play nice and they raised their level of attacks on other members as well as Alizée. Eventually they moved on by themselves or were removed by the mods.

I've been a fan for fourteen years as of this week.
Old 11-29-2018, 05:34 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
I knew you have been a fan for a long time, but 14 years, that is impressive!
Old 11-29-2018, 11:29 PM

Edsel Di Meo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
Just to let the new members know some of us are very protective of Alizée. Do we have our criticisms of her, yes we do when they are legitimate.

When someone attacks her just to be a troll and agitate the other members you will get stepped on very quickly. It isn't you, it is because over the last eleven years we've had to endure a number of people who came on this board to do nothing more than tear down Alizée, just to make us mad.

We gave them a chance to play nice and they raised their level of attacks on other members as well as Alizée. Eventually they moved on by themselves or were removed by the mods.

i'm 18 yo omg
Old 11-30-2018, 01:10 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumn.leaves View Post
Just look at the title

I can read. The comment was a polite way to get people back on topic.
Old 11-30-2018, 07:35 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I didn't really expect to hear back from them about the shirts and I didn't expect to get the pictures back either, mainly because I think MF instilled in her a policy of how to treat her fans. To communicate with me about the shirts., would have left an avenue of communication between us that I think she doesn't want fans to have.
I think this would make an interesting thread. Not just Alizee's relationship with her fans, but relationship between public figures and fans in general. An example is one picture on IG that Alizee posted, and one of her fans made a short comment on it, then proceeded to beg her (please, please, please) to like his post, and that it would be all he asked of her and was something that would mean so much to him. Putting yourself in her shoes, would you do it to make that one fan happy? What happens when others see that she responded to his request? These decisions can get complicated.
Old 11-30-2018, 09:01 AM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
I think this would make an interesting thread. Not just Alizee's relationship with her fans, but relationship between public figures and fans in general. An example is one picture on IG that Alizee posted, and one of her fans made a short comment on it, then proceeded to beg her (please, please, please) to like his post, and that it would be all he asked of her and was something that would mean so much to him. Putting yourself in her shoes, would you do it to make that one fan happy? What happens when others see that she responded to his request? These decisions can get complicated.
Scruffy, I am really sorry you haven't received the pictures. Perhaps you eventually will--I know sometimes international packages, sent "regular" mail, can take a long arrive. That happened to me a few months ago when someone was sending me a book from England. It took several months to arrive.
And both you and CleverCowboy have a very good point about the level of interaction celebrities are willing to have with fans. I think it varies a great deal, and depends on a number of things. Primarily, I think it has to do with vulnerability. An attractive young girl like Alizée, who is not a billionaire, is necessarily going to be more cautious than, say, a wealthy older man who can afford a lot of security. I have met and corresponded with a few celebrities over the years, and from my limited experience I have seen something like this to be true. I once met a very well known author, who was not in the least reluctant to meet me and even gave me his personal e-mail address. I also had a very pleasant Facebook Messenger exchange with an older actor who is not very well known. I sent him a simple message complimenting his work, and he responded quickly with a friendly and personal reply. But in both these cases, neither of these men felt vulnerable. It is also true that women will probably usually be more successful at communicating with male public figures than vice versa. There are some celebrities on FB who, I know, will occasionally respond directly to comments from fans. But I wonder if it is they, themselves, who actually respond or if they have a manager of some sort who is doing the actual posting. At any rate, I do understand why Alizée needs to be careful about communicating personally with people. It is shame, but that is the world we live in. That being said, it is even more impressive how gracious she is when she does meet a fan in person--as evidenced by Scruffy's visit to the dance studio.
Old 11-30-2018, 10:27 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Well as I said, from the moment I dropped off those pictures, I didn't expect to get them. I suggested that not getting too close to her fans, might have been something MF instilled in her, or maybe it's a policy she adopted because of some of her experiences.

I'll give you an example of something that went wrong for her fandomness. Several years ago, there was a young boy in Ajaccio that had cancer. Alizee hand painted some toys to be auctioned off to raise money for him. The money was to be used to pay for the families costs of staying in a hotel in Marseille while the boy was being treated there.

There was a woman who was close to the family of the sick boy who had started this fund raising event for the family. From what I hear she had asked Alizee to be a spokesperson for the cause that she had started and she never asked the family if it was okay to start this fund raiser. After this started, there was controversy in Ajaccio, of whether the family who owned a restaurant actually needed financial aid. The father was pretty upset because it's something again, they never asked for.

Well before we had found out about the controversy, the members of our forum decided to instead of trying to buy those toys with a winning bid, we'd instead just match who ever made the winning bid, thus doubling the amount raised.

This auction was done via E bay (France). We had contacted Alizee with our proposal and she had answered our query and she said that was okay with her.

Then the controversy arose. I believe Alizee was removed as spokesperson. Though she didn't respond to us because it turned into a mess, we felt we had made a commitment to this cause, so we found a way to send our donation, which grew to a level much larger than the sale of the toys, to the family directly. We never got a letter in return.

Unfortunately, a year or two later, the young boy died.

But this shows how something with her fans can go horribly wrong and why as far as any type of correspondence, would choose to distance herself, from her fans.

I'm sure there are other things concerning fans that have gone wrong for her, so it didn't surprise me when I didn't hear back from her concerning the pictures.
Old 11-30-2018, 11:04 AM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Well as I said, from the moment I dropped off those pictures, I didn't expect to get them. I suggested that not getting too close to her fans, might have been something MF instilled in her, or maybe it's a policy she adopted because of some of her experiences.

I'll give you an example of something that went wrong for her fandomness. Several years ago, there was a young boy in Ajaccio that had cancer. Alizee hand painted some toys to be auctioned off to raise money for him. The money was to be used to pay for the families costs of staying in a hotel in Marseille while the boy was being treated there.

There was a woman who was close to the family of the sick boy who had started this fund raising event for the family. From what I hear she had asked Alizee to be a spokesperson for the cause that she had started and she never asked the family if it was okay to start this fund raiser. After this started, there was controversy in Ajaccio, of whether the family who owned a restaurant actually needed financial aid. The father was pretty upset because it's something again, they never asked for.

Well before we had found out about the controversy, the members of our forum decided to instead of trying to buy those toys with a winning bid, we'd instead just match who ever made the winning bid, thus doubling the amount raised.

This auction was done via E bay (France). We had contacted Alizee with our proposal and she had answered our query and she said that was okay with her.

Then the controversy arose. I believe Alizee was removed as spokesperson. Though she didn't respond to us because it turned into a mess, we felt we had made a commitment to this cause, so we found a way to send our donation, which grew to a level much larger than the sale of the toys, to the family directly. We never got a letter in return.

But this shows how something with her fans can go horribly wrong and why as far as any type of correspondence, would choose to distance herself, from her fans.

I'm sure there are other things concerning fans that have gone wrong for her, so it didn't surprise me when I didn't hear back from her concerning the pictures.
Wow, Scruffy, what a mess and what an unfortunate ending all around. I am especially disappointed in the family for not even acknowledging the generosity of the members of the forum. As for the controversy around the family's situation, it is a shame that it arose in the first place. People can be so unempathetic. It sounds like ignorance and jealousy to me. Just because the family owned a restaurant, does not mean that they didn't need any financial assistance. Sometimes small business owners are in much more perilous financial straits than people realize. And medical costs can wipe out the resources of even wealthy people. I just hope the members who donated know that they did a wonderful thing, even though, for some reason, they were never thanked. Who knows...the family might have been advised by lawyers to not make any statements or acknowledgements, due to all of the ugliness. Though I honestly can't think why they could accept a donation but not acknowledge it. Still, it was a very kind thing for all of you to have done, no matter what.
Old 11-30-2018, 02:27 PM
Administrator

Quote:

This was quite a story. It is unfortunate that things turned out as they did, all the way around.

When a child gets cancer, it tugs at the heartstrings of everybody (with a conscience, that is). Our first reaction is "how can I help?" A fund-raiser is not necessarily telling them that we think they need money, it is more of an offering of some kind of support that says people are thinking of them. We know Alizee has quite the heart, and I'm sure she was touched by the story and was happy to offer what she could. But, as the saying goes, no good deed goes unpunished. Time and time again, I have seen good intentions backfire right back into the giver's face, myself included in that list. Naturally you get a little shy of putting yourself in that kind of a situation again.

To be fair, I am going to look at it from the family's side. Their world just got turned upside down by the greatest fear of every parent, that their child will die before them. I'm sure they were very reactive to things that might otherwise not bother them. They might have been a family of those who prided themselves in never taking a handout. Maybe they just wanted to be left alone.

For Alizee, coming from a childhood where she felt ugly and nobody wanted to be your friend, to attaining great fame in such a short period of time where everybody wanted to be your friend and everybody told you that you were beautiful, that must have been living a dream. Her, being naturally friendly, allowed at least one fan (Jessica) to become part of her life. But, she was also very naive, and was probably taken advantage of time and time again. She seems to be the type to bounce back well, but I'm sure by now she is aware of her own weaknesses and must maintain a private life she can retreat to.

As far as the donations sent from members here that were never acknowledged, I am a big believer of what goes around, comes around. The giving was done with good intentions, and good things will come back in return some day.