Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 12-28-2018, 09:35 PM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Speaking of costume designers, does anyone know who came up with the J'en Ai Marre sailor costume?
Old 12-28-2018, 10:34 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I don't remember any discussion on it, but I found this in the forum archives. From 'Heyamigo', "well if you guys really want to know, based on my research today, the JEAM sailor outfit is somewhat derived from japanese "lolita fashion" mainly from labels like "Manifesteange Metamorphose temps de fille" and "Baby, The Stars Shine Bright" which are japanese clothing labels that specializes in lolita clothing. in japan lolita fashion and gothic lolita fashion is a subculture and i'm pretty sure whoever that was involved in lili's JEAM outfit was inspired by this. the sailor theme outfit used to be one of the rather popular type of the this so called lolita fashion (it is instantly associated with the word "lolita" in japan) and a lot of grown up girls were into wearing this lolita clothing. you'll see this "sailor" theme associated with all things "lolita" in japan, really prevalent in their anime and manga. now lili's french adaptation of the sailor lolita theme outfit is very tame and nowhere close to the "weirdness" that the japanese outfits are, but it is very obvious that whoever that was in charge, perhaps mylene was consciously trying to link the concept of lolita with the outfit.

heres a wiki page on one of the labels i mentioned: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manifes...temps_de_fille

and here's a picture of someone who's wearing one of the above mentioned sailor outfit from that very label:

caption says "Lolita Sailor Dress Metamorphose Temps de Fille (gothic/lolita bible)"

oh, and i thought she was a kid, but apparently she's like 20 something, lol."

In a brief search, I didn't see any images related to the jeam outfit and I'll have to look for images from the photo shoot that was mentioned.

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1908

Edit:

I did a Google search for Japan lolita clothing apparel, not even mentioning 'sailor' and this is one site I came up with and one of the outfits so I think it's very possible the 'idea' for the suit, came from Japan...

https://www.google.com/search?q=japa...84847083432522

japan loliita dress.jpg

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 12-28-2018 at 10:37 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 12-29-2018, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I did a Google search for Japan lolita clothing apparel, not even mentioning 'sailor' and this is one site I came up with and one of the outfits so I think it's very possible the 'idea' for the suit, came from Japan...
Thanks for the info! That makes sense, that it was originally a "schoolgirl uniform" kind of thing.

Also, I think I found an early prototype of the suit:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sailor-costume-early-version.jpg (35.0 KB, 8 views)
Old 12-31-2018, 12:18 AM

People were asking who took the photo of the costumes.

This website says "Bilitis Poirier" took the photo:

https://alizeemadit.wordpress.com/20...litis-poirier/
Old 12-31-2018, 02:31 AM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

In addition to the sailor suit, I'm convinced that a number of Alizée's other outfits have been inspired by Japanese comic books. One, in particular, is the outfit she wears when singing "Moi Lolita." I have plowed through manga comics trying, without success, to find that exact outfit. Although I have failed in this search, I'm am still convinced that Japanese comics are an inspiration for her early costumes. I have always believed the idea for adopting her costumes from Japanese comics came from Alizee herself--thinking she was a fan of Manga--but now that it's been suggested here that they were Mylene's idea, that could very well be.

Last edited by Shepherd; 12-31-2018 at 02:34 AM..
Old 12-31-2018, 07:05 AM
Miam Miam!

eru777 is on a distinguished road

I think that particular costume was inspired by Mathilda in Leon: The professional. Notice the choker.

Alizee revisited this look in her 2018 short bob you can see in my signature.

Last edited by eru777; 12-31-2018 at 07:16 AM..
Old 12-31-2018, 08:47 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
People were asking who took the photo of the costumes.

This website says "Bilitis Poirier" took the photo:

https://alizeemadit.wordpress.com/20...litis-poirier/

Thanks for the link. It will be fun going through this site for photos I haven't seen.

Bilitis Poirier looks to be a professional photographer and artist and has her own web site.

She put together a YT video of Alizee's trip to Moscow. It's all black and white. I am assuming she was taking these videos.

http://youtu.be/WWyUFSBfTy4

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 12-31-2018 at 08:49 AM..
Old 01-03-2019, 03:34 AM

stephan is on a distinguished road

Yes, her early style and costumes were definitely influenced by the Japanese culture and French fashion from the 60s. It doesn't really directly copy or follow any particular style 1 to 1; Mylène combined style, cuteness, elegance and sexiness taken from those cultural environments as she saw it; she was probably nurturing those ideas for a long time, especially tailored for a young singer she was going to find and make a star.

Last edited by stephan; 01-03-2019 at 04:27 AM..
Old 01-03-2019, 05:25 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
Thanks for bringing this video to my attention. Alizee appears to be having a ball.
Old 01-04-2019, 02:42 AM
Miam Miam!

eru777 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post

She put together a YT video of Alizee's trip to Moscow. It's all black and white. I am assuming she was taking these videos.

http://youtu.be/WWyUFSBfTy4
Yes, nice video indeed! She's so cute. Thanks for sharing.