Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 02-20-2019, 06:58 AM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
The whole x-factor discussion has been all over the place - what makes this girl so compelling? I think she might have multiple x-factors, and different ones might draw in different people.
We need to create an outline of all the different theories.
Old 02-20-2019, 03:33 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Quote:

The whole x-factor discussion has been all over the place - what makes this girl so compelling? I think she might have multiple x-factors, and different ones might draw in different people.

[/URL]

I am astounded at how minutely Alizee has been investigated on this site, even to the extent of locating the particular stone she sat on in a creek located in the mountains of Corsica. That one still blows me away. I wonder if Alizee has any idea of how intensely people take an interested in her life. That such a shy, little lady should have so powerful an impact on so many thousands of people all over the world amazes me.

Last edited by Shepherd; 02-20-2019 at 03:37 PM..
Old 02-20-2019, 04:40 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
How difficult it would be for an actor to study Alizee's videos and "mimic" Alizee's body language and facial expressions?

Would it be fairly simple, as in the case of many celebrities? Or would it prove to be extraordinarily difficult?

Its an interesting question.
What about a professional actress, like Julia Roberts? Do you think she could study Alizee and get "in character" enough so, outside the difference of external looks, could mimic every facet of Alizee and look natural doing so? I'm going to go out on a limb and say that even if Roberts could mimic Alizee to a "T", she would not have the allure of Alizee across nationalities, sexes, and ages.

The other question is if Alizee is "artificial", or to put it more bluntly, "fake"? Is Alizee the product of Mylene's grooming on what to say, act and do? There are a few possibilities.

Possibility 1 : Mylene totally transformed Alizee into a personality that she naturally was not.

First, if I had a 15 year old daughter and somebody wanted to "retrain" her and possibly nullify the values I tried to instill in her and replace it with questionable values in exchange for fame... I would have a major problem with that.

But let's say this possibility could happen, that everything is an act and Mylene instilled in her not only performing skills, but people skills. Her x-factors were taught and not natural. The problem with this theory is that Mylene is not a people person and would be like a blind person teaching somebody how to paint. Also, what worked on Alizee did not work on Julia, who does not have any x-factors and does not have the charisma of Alizee. I have real issues that she is a fabrication of Mylene's imagination.

Possibility 2 : Mylene built upon what Alizee already had to make her best come out

Alizee had said several times that she thanked her lucky stars she got picked. I think Mylene was the lucky one for picking Alizee. I think Mylene realized she picked a special girl that was loaded with natural charm and charisma after the fact. The music was written for her vocal range and the dancing and outfits were hand-picked by Mylene. Most of the training was probably geared towards performing and how to give good interviews, handle fans, and so on. No matter how good somebody might be at pretending to be something their not, eventually cracks will appear. Alizee has been very consistent in her behavior over the years and I don't think she is being dishonest.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
I am astounded at how minutely Alizee has been investigated on this site, even to the extent of locating the particular stone she sat on in a creek located in the mountains of Corsica. That one still blows me away. I wonder if Alizee has any idea of how intensely people take an interested in her life. That such a shy, little lady should have so powerful an impact on so many thousands of people all over the world amazes me.
I wonder this myself and whether it creeps her out or is complementary? She hasn't gone in hiding, so I am thinking she enjoys the attention, to an extent.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 02-20-2019 at 04:40 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 02-20-2019, 10:51 PM
Neutral Good

RedRafe is on a distinguished road

Ok...

Lets call it "trainability"...

Right, for the sake of this "exercise", lets assume that we have mastered the science of "cloning", and that "Perfect Cloning" exists.

Lets forget "actresses"...

Lets "perfectly clone", 19 Alizée's and then train them in every single "nuance" of being Alizée.

This is very easily doable, right now, it just takes a skilled "coach".

So lets add "The Alizée" to these 19 "perfect", "perfectly trained" clone Alizée's, so you have 20.

Mix 'em up, and stand them in a line....

ANY member of this forum would instantly find the "real" Alizée, for her "x-factor" cannot be duplicated, for it is "intrisic" and "inherent".

I could even find her in this lineup, "blindfolded".

Alrighty...

Roleplay time.

I am MF and LB.

I have a "concept", a "role" for a kind of "Mini MF", a younger version of herself/myself, to fill a specific role and function in the Pop market.

Everything required is in place, for this "role", this "concept", but, an "anima" is required to bring this creation to "life".

It could be anyone.

Well, they were fortunate beyond all belief to encounter a very special young French teenager.

Young, sweet, self-effacing, a "Cygnet" not yet become a "Swan".

That "sweet girl" "next door", that had "a dream", with the "nascent" talent and personality to maybe find it.

She would be their "anima", for their "concept", to bring this "role" to "life".

And make it "hers".

She was trained how to "dance", how to "sing", indeed, in how to be all the things required to fulfill this "role", that they had in mind.

All of her own wonderful personal "traits" were further "developed", "refined" and "enhanced".

She became the "role", the "role" became her.

She made it "her".

Mylene merely took the wonderful "raw materials" that were there, and "evolved" them to their eventual ultimate wonderful conclusion.

Which was Alizée, as we know her.

Now, take Julia, and "drop" her into the same concept/role as Alizée was, and, you end up with the "bland" "tasteless" "nothingness" that you see right now.

She is cute, and all, but, yeps, as you put it, she has no "x-factor."

Now, for good examples of "manufactured roles", just look at any, emmm, popular mass media stars that have went into a "total meltdown". Especially in the US.

There are quite a few, if you look.

Mylène and Alizée were both mutually lucky to find each other.

One "found" a "Star", and the other "became" a "Star".

Apologies to all concerned for posting when I am tired...

Hope this makes some little sense.

Last edited by RedRafe; 02-21-2019 at 02:18 AM..
Old 02-21-2019, 06:53 AM

Quote:
What about a professional actress, like Julia Roberts? Do you think she could study Alizee and get "in character" enough so, outside the difference of external looks, could mimic every facet of Alizee and look natural doing so?
I don't think Julia Roberts could do it. I don't know if most "regular" actresses could do Alizee very well.

I was thinking more of someone who is extremely skilled in "mimicing" celebrities--- doing "impressions." Jim Carrey or Rich Little come to mind. It would have to be a woman, of course (are there any female impressionists out there who are really good?)

Quote:
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that even if Roberts could mimic Alizee to a "T", she would not have the allure of Alizee across nationalities, sexes, and ages.
Yes; even if Julia Roberts could perfectly imitate Alizee's behavior and mannerisms, it wouldn't have nearly the same impact.

Personally, I've never found Julia Roberts to be very attractive.

If a woman like Julia Roberts had Alizee's behavior & mannerisms, I would probably enjoy her as a performer, but at same time I wouldn't consider her to be especially beautiful

But still, Alizee's behavior and mannerisms in a woman could, depending on the woman's looks, go quite a long way, IMO.

If Mylene's Julia had Alizee's behavioral traits, it would certainly go a long, long way. Although Julia wouldn't have the same effect on me as Alizee, I would still find her quite attractive--- significantly more attractive than I find her now.

I have a question here...

When we talk about "mimicing" Alizee, what are we trying to mimic? Alizee performing on stage? Her behavior during interviews? Individual gestures in isolation??? The way Alizee walks (e.g. as in Ella Elle L'a).???

In particular, I'm intrigued by the video of her BBQ'ing. I would say that Alizee's x-factor is on display in the BBQ video--- would you agree with that? It would interesting to have an actress imitate Alizee's behavior in the video. Put the video of the actress side by side with the original video of Alizee BBQ-ing. Can the actress-- with enough practice and multiple takes-- duplicate Alizee's behavior *exactly*? If it turns out that the actress is unable to do a perfect imitation of Alizee's behavior, then what exactly is preventing her from doing so? If it just isn't the same when actress tries to mimic Alizee, then what exactly is "missing"?

As I've mentioned, I suspect that Alizee was born with well-above average physical reflexes. Perhaps there is a physical precision to Alizee's movements that would be extremely difficult to imitate? In other words, an actress could mimic the basic head-tilt and the eye gesture in BBQ video--- but try as she might, she could not do it with the precision with which Alizee does it--- from the standpoint of an observer, something is "missing." I'm just hypothesizing here.

Quote:
Alizee had said several times that she thanked her lucky stars she got picked. I think Mylene was the lucky one for picking Alizee. I think Mylene realized she picked a special girl that was loaded with natural charm and charisma after the fact.
"After the fact" is very true-- there are certain things that Mylene, from the outset, could not have known. I wonder, has Mylene ever talked about exactly what she originally saw in Alizee?
Old 02-25-2019, 11:33 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I have a question here...

When we talk about "mimicing" Alizee, what are we trying to mimic? Alizee performing on stage? Her behavior during interviews? Individual gestures in isolation??? The way Alizee walks (e.g. as in Ella Elle L'a).???
Yes to the above.

It looks like you like the way Alizee moves, so you should like this short clip from LE 2013

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EZ...OrG_iYWyutN3VE

To mimic every facet of Alizee or any other person would take an extraordinary amount of work and study, but replication would not even comes close because of physical differences like height, weight, flexibility, coordination, muscle tone, etc. on top of personality and all the other "nuances" that make Alizee unique.

I just cannot see how this would be possible.

Speaking of mimicking...

Quote:
"After the fact" is very true-- there are certain things that Mylene, from the outset, could not have known. I wonder, has Mylene ever talked about exactly what she originally saw in Alizee?
The 15 year old Alizee was "cute", her singing voice was "good" but to me there wouldn't be enough evidence her choice was made by looks and talent alone (the Julia standard). She must have seen something in her stage presence that made her think she could make something of her.

What do you think?
Old 02-25-2019, 01:16 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

If you know people who have been involved in dance since childhood, they often do have a unique, graceful way of moving that most other people don't have. I don't know how much of this is due to the fact that they developed this gracefulness as a result of the dance training, or if their natural gracefulness is what led them to pursue and succeed at dance. But it is something I have definitely noticed in people in my own life. There is no question that it is true of Alizée!
Old 03-01-2019, 07:35 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post
If you know people who have been involved in dance since childhood, they often do have a unique, graceful way of moving that most other people don't have. I don't know how much of this is due to the fact that they developed this gracefulness as a result of the dance training, or if their natural gracefulness is what led them to pursue and succeed at dance. But it is something I have definitely noticed in people in my own life. There is no question that it is true of Alizée!
Alizee is a few inches shorter than the average height of a woman. Shorter people seem to have an advantage when it comes to physical maneuvers, including coordination, balance, and reaction time. Center of gravity is lower and when the brain signals muscles to move, the less distance the neurons have to travel. I'm well over the average height for a guy and my center of gravity is up there, so standing on one leg for an extended period of time can be quite challenging because of not having good balance.
Old 03-01-2019, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Alizee is a few inches shorter than the average height of a woman.
How tall is Alizee? The internet usually lists her height as 5-3.
Old 03-01-2019, 09:55 AM
Administrator

Quote:
How tall is Alizee? The internet usually lists her height as 5-3.
I have seen both 5-2 and 5-3. I don't believe 5-3. The French singer Jenifer is listed as 5-2 on the Internet, and as you can see in the picture below, she looks to be a hair taller than Alizee.