Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-18-2019, 11:34 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastOne View Post
I know I'm late, there are few active users in the forum, but I wanted to share it.
Thanks for telling your story, TheLastOne. It's better late than never when it comes to Alizee.

Alizee still has a very large following, and many members here have left the forum but continue to follow her on social media. I am a bit old-fashioned and like forums.
Old 03-18-2019, 05:51 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Hi everyone.

I'm from Spain, so sorry for my English, it's "Google Translator" level.

In my country, when I was a teenager, Alizée was famous above all for "Moi Lolita". I did not have internet at that time and I am interested in other musical styles (hip hop, rock, ska). So I did not pay much attention to her.

Years later, in a very popular forum here in Spain, I found out that many of my generation were crazy about her. I kept ignoring her.

A few days ago I just happened to see the famous video of "J'en Ai Marre" and, this time, I was caught by her. I have seen many videoclips and interviews in the last weeks, she is addictive.

I think she had the potential to be more famous. And even she has it, she's still young. But she seems happy as she is.

I know I'm late, there are few active users in the forum, but I wanted to share it.
Welcome to the forum TheLastOne. I enjoyed your story. Your Google translator English is fine. We've had members from all over, over the years who have used the same thing and we've seldom had problems.

She had a performance in Spain that someone obviously recorded with a vcr with the tell tale lines at the bottom. I once tried to contact 'Channel 2' to see if they might have the original but it was to no avail. I believe the station changed hands at one point which made the task almost impossible, at least impossible from 3,000 miles away.

Old 03-18-2019, 08:55 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hi everyone.

I'm from Spain, so sorry for my English, it's "Google Translator" level.

In my country, when I was a teenager, Alizée was famous above all for "Moi Lolita". I did not have internet at that time and I am interested in other musical styles (hip hop, rock, ska). So I did not pay much attention to her.

Years later, in a very popular forum here in Spain, I found out that many of my generation were crazy about her. I kept ignoring her.

A few days ago I just happened to see the famous video of "J'en Ai Marre" and, this time, I was caught by her. I have seen many videoclips and interviews in the last weeks, she is addictive.

I think she had the potential to be more famous. And even she has it, she's still young. But she seems happy as she is.

Welcome, TheLastOne! We are very glad you are here. Your English translation was fine! I look forward to getting to know more about you in the forum!
Old 06-28-2019, 06:04 AM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Hi, Alizée America!

I'm Biagio and I'm from Italy. I apologize in advance if my English is not so good, because I'm not used to speak/write in English anymore.
I know that this forum was certainly more active a few years ago, but I have read a lot of really interesting discussions and so I decided to join it (moreover I've never been part of a forum, so it could be cool).

I don't think my story about how I discovered Alizée is really special, but anyway I think it was like finding something that I had lost.
I think the first time I saw her was when I was 5 or 6, in 2002/3. I can't remember much of that but I really liked that song, that I probably had heard in the television.
I was too young to "fallow an artist", and unfortunately Alizée is not so famous in Italy: she was (and is) just a random singer of a popular song in the early 2000s. So I forgot about her.
In the fallowing years I remember I used to hum that song but I didn't even know a single word of it or who the singer was.

So, three years ago, I found myself "singing" this song again... I decided it was time to know which song was. I opened YouTube and began to view lots of "50 songs from your childhood" or similar videos. And finally I found it. It was called Moi... lolita. So I searched for it and watched the first video I could find (the one that now has 100 million views).
It was love at the first sight! I had never seen something or someone more beautiful than that girl. She was splendid: her voice, her face, her moves... Her smile! Everything of her was perfect. So I began to search for her other songs: J'en ai marre, Gourmandises, L'Alizé... Never heard them before, but they were fantastic.

Now I know (and love) almost every song of her (even though I don't understand French so much) and I also know what a beautiful and sunny person she is.

So that's how I discovered the person whose voice can make a bit more special a normal day. I hope I didn't bore you!
Old 06-28-2019, 07:22 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn97 View Post
So that's how I discovered the person whose voice can make a bit more special a normal day. I hope I didn't bore you!
You absolutely did NOT bore me! It was a great story.

Your English is very good. No need to apologize.

Welcome aboard Aragorn. I'm glad you had said something about not being able to post so that we could get you activated.
Old 06-28-2019, 07:38 AM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
You absolutely did NOT bore me! It was a great story.

Your English is very good. No need to apologize.

Welcome aboard Aragorn. I'm glad you had said something about not being able to post so that we could get you activated.
Thanks for accepting me!
Old 06-28-2019, 09:14 AM

bebert057 is on a distinguished road

since I did not show up I will do it now:

I'm French, I'm 24, when Alizée released Moi Lolita, I was 5, for a child, it's a melody easy enough to remember, it quickly became my favorite song.
then his comer '' l'alizé '' '' gourmandises''

I received his first album as a gift for Christmas 2000 (he was released in November 2000 in France) and I want to tell you that I have listened so much that it no longer works today!

in 2003 '' mes courants electriques '' came out and when I had good grades at school, my parents bought it for me.

at every passage TV, I did not miss, I found beautiful, beautiful dancer (even if at 8, I did not imagine the effect of his dance on adults). I had posters of her all over my room (a bit like Jessica in the stars at home)

my favorite songs from this album are : j'en ai marre , j'ai pas vingts ans , youpidou et toc de mac

I saw him go to Amnveille during his tour, I'm still full of memories! as on Youpidou, or as on the dvd of the concert, those who had a handkerchief like her, launched him on stage!

then, growing up, I was still listening to her albums but much less since she had '' disappeared '' the time of her fatness and the preparation of her album

I was 12 when "psychedelices" came out. I also obetenu for Christmas, Mademoiselle Juliette was the song I preferred.

I was 15 years old when '' une enfant du siècle '' pile at the right time for me, since I listened a lot this kind of electro music when it came out, my favorite is: les colines et a coeurs fendres.

at 17 is out: 5, since I was already working, I was able to buy it myself, the day of its release.

my favorites are:a cause de l’automne , je veux bien and dans mon sac

then the same year, Alizée participates in dance with the stars, I did not miss a single show or after. I vote every Saturday night for her! and I was delighted to see her blossom and fall in love.

then I could see it during each tour in Amneville! what a beauty ! already on TV is something but in truth, it is 100x more obvious!

I also bought the album: blonde, even if frankly, I do not have a favorite song!

here I am 24 years old so 19 to follow Alizée!
Old 06-28-2019, 09:32 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

To follow her for 19 years, you must be very dedicated!

It's great to hear your story bebert. When you saw her perform 'En Concert' in Amneville, did you take any pictures? I imagine at that age, 7 maybe, you didn't. Living in France gives you an interesting perspective that most of us don't have. How did your classmates, both boys and girls feel about Alizee. Of your peers, what did they think of her as compared to other young singers of the time such as Lorie, Jenifer, Priscilla? Did you ever try to go to a Les Enfoires show? Seeing how you went to one of her shows in Amneville, I'm guessing you live in that area if you don't mind me asking? I passed through that area a couple of times in my travels.

Attachment 2715

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 04-03-2021 at 06:18 PM..
Old 06-28-2019, 10:13 AM

bebert057 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
To follow her for 19 years, you must be very dedicated!

It's great to hear your story bebert. When you saw her perform 'En Concert' in Amneville, did you take any pictures? I imagine at that age, 7 maybe, you didn't. Living in France gives you an interesting perspective that most of us don't have. How did your classmates, both boys and girls feel about Alizee. Of your peers, what did they think of her as compared to other young singers of the time such as Lorie, Jenifer, Priscilla? Did you ever try to go to a Les Enfoires show? Seeing how you went to one of her shows in Amneville, I'm guessing you live in that area if you don't mind me asking? I passed through that area a couple of times in my travels.

Attachment 2715
no unfortunately, I have no pictures of the concert, at the time I did not have a laptop. in addition even if I had one, I was so inside that I probably would not take.

with my classmates with whom I was in class for 10 years and still see today.
there was a lot of girl Jenifer fans of Star Academy
for the boys, many were in love with Alizée (like me) but nothing more than the physical beauty
many liked Priscilla so much because she was a little near our age (at 6 years old).

yes I live in the region of Amneville about 60kms

yes I already try to have places for les enfoires in 2014 in Strasbourg but I could not have any (on one side hours because it is from this year that it does not is more)

if you have other questions do not hesitate
Old 07-07-2019, 07:13 PM

baronstrucker is on a distinguished road

I discovered Alizée back in March while on YouTube. It was her live performance of La Isla Bonita. Next thing I know I started listening to all her albums on Spotify and became a huge fan not long after. My favourite album from her is Mes Courants Electriques