Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-07-2019, 04:17 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Default Fallout from the 50'Inside interview

I think it's time for a hard dose of reality here. Even before she became 'with child', we were seeing very little from her. We'd see more from each of Jo, Johann and Annily than we'd see from her, but we're here to follow her, not them.

Some members here and some people I know on Facebook have asked me once we suspected she was expecting and even before that if this was the end of her career. I had high hopes that maybe something else might have come out of her meeting with Mylene Famer last year where she and Gregoire helped Julia with her dancing. I thought Mylene can write songs in her sleep. Maybe as a result of a rekindling of their friendship, MF would write another album for Alizee?

Then we started to notice she might be expecting, then the announcement came out she was. I thought what would happen was in these months before the baby came, she'd have to do a lot of soul searching as to whether or not she was going to pursue her singing career any more. I was sure once the baby arrived some magazine or tv show would interview her and it would be then we'd find out what her 'career plans' were.

But that interview came early with this '50 Inside' interview. I'm sure these people sat down and talked with her to find out what was in her future and out of this show, we heard the comment, "................. she chose to end her singing career without any regrets.". Now I'm sure bebert's interpretation is correct, after all, he lives in France. So there's no sense in beating around the bush, It's over! No more attempts at an album, no more tours, no more autograph sessions.

I suppose there could be other shows like SAGA, other shows featuring several singers, but quite frankly, her star is fading. It's been almost 6 years since DALS. You also have to look at the fact she shows an unwillingness to appear in a show like Les Enfoires, which would only take up a week of her time. You have to think she's given up completely on her 'singing' career'.

Could there be more dancing for her? I don't think so. With DALS and the Tournees, I think that era has run its course, plus I'm glad she's had the great success she had with DALS, but I'm holding on to see her sing and dance to her own songs.

Could there be a movie role or a tv show? I think she has everything she wants in life now and will not take part in any role that will take her away from Ajaccio for an extended amount of time.

As far as what I plan to do, I will still follow her and I will still support this forum the way I have been. I enjoy sharing what ever knowledge and experiences I have with new members. I think her performances, especially from her early years are timeless and will continue to draw in new fans for many years to come and I enjoy spreading the word.

I think her story is a great story. She had it all. She threw it away when she walked away from MF/LB and unlike most stars who find fame, then lose it, she once again became a top star in France. Her personal life is a great story too and so in here, I'm sure I'll continue to as I said, spread the word I guess is the best way of saying it. I may even pay the dance studio another visit. But one thing I probably won't do is keep up what I've been doing on our Facebook page.

One thing I want to point out is that there are two 'AlizeeAmerica' Facebook pages. I think they were both started by Ben, who owns the server for our forum. The one me and Fall run is "Aliɀée America" (note the z) and we run a pretty tight ship of what is posted there. The other one is "Alizée America".

The reason I will do 'less' on FB is because it's a totally different animal than our forum. In our forum, we have discussions about many things, but you can't really have those types of discussions on FB. So with FB, you can mainly post pictures or interviews or videos. You can only post the same videos, the same pictures over and over again, so many times and with so little coming from her, that's a very difficult job.

I find what people on FB want to see is something they haven't seen before. It doesn't matter if it's from 2000 or 2019. They are tired of the same old, same old. So what I've tried to do is look through many of the pictures I've saved over the years. In many cases, I'll find a picture taken with a fan or a star and crop them out and her fans seem to like that. I'll also search for an interview or a video where something interesting or funny was said or happened that was missed before, but this is all very time-consuming. So why use up a lot of my time, when she has called it quits?

The stuff I do in the forum doesn't take long, so I don't mind staying active there, but in FB, I will share things other sites post. I will share things she posts, that's if she posts anything of interest, but I won't go beyond that. If the followers drop off, so be it. I've tried to keep interest up, so if there was another album, they'd still be there for her, but that seems to be a fool's errand now.

Is there any hope for anything else? Let's be realistic, there's probably a better chance that the polar ice caps will double in size in the next few years. But I'm the type of guy who never gives up, no matter how late in the game, no matter how lopsided the score, I refuse to leave. I won't give up.

I remember just the smallest bit of I'm not sure if it was a poem or a story from my elementary school days, but the story was back in the horse and buggy days. It was in the snow-covered countryside and a small little ember from a fireplace in one home was being carried through the woods to a home a distance away, in the hope of rekindling a fire there.

I feel with Alizee, there is still an ember glowing. It is a distance away from where it needs to go. Will it rekindle a fire, or will it go out? There is one thing and one thing only that gives me hope and that is the fact that Alizee, if she wasn't on good terms with Mylene Farmer a few years ago, she is on good terms with her now. As I mentioned early on in this post, Mylene can write songs in her sleep. I think if the best songwriters in the world, would approach Alizee with some great songs, she would turn them down because she has lost confidence in herself. But with MF/LB, there was nothing but great success. With them, she again would be on top of the music world and she knows that. Will it happen? It's very unlikely, but for me, it's worth sticking around a little longer.

10917090_607443179401632_1663151183684751215_n beautiful cropped.jpg

WHITE JACKET CROPPED.jpg

Attachment 2722

Attachment 2723

Attachment 2724

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 01-17-2021 at 07:09 PM..
Old 07-07-2019, 06:25 PM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

You are a bit older than me and you've known Alizée since the very beginning, so I can't understand exactly your emotions but I've felt something towards Alizée since the first time I saw her beautiful smile. Something I've never felt towards someone I've never met. I think that happened to all of us, and even though I certainly don't know Alizée like you, I'll try to tell you what I think about this.

First of all, I think this forum is maybe the best place where to talk about Alizée: i read a lot of interesting discussions about many topics, always with good manners. I can only imagine how it was a few years ago.
That's the reason I wanted to join it. I agree with you about Facebook pages (and also Instagram ones, since I created one a few weeks ago): there is no discussion; it's just posting the same things for years. I mean, it isn't something bad, because I really like to see Alizée everyday everywhere, but it can bore you, especially if you have been the admin of those pages for years and especially if during those years there was nothing really new.

So, that being said, I think we must believe in Alizée. We must believe in that ember. That sentence about her ending her singing career wasn't said by Alizée. It's just a random comment from a journalist. Alizée's singing career isn't certainly going on but we can't say if it is over or it's just stopped.

But that's just my optimistic view.
I think we have to wait. I think that demanding answers from her too soon is a mistake. She has built a new life and is having a baby. Finally she has found a bit of serenity of years of stress and pressure. Maybe she just needs to recharge the batteries and will come back with renewed enthusiasm. Or maybe, living her new reality, she could realize that she has found her place in the world. Who knows.
As I said, I think that now we can just wait (probably at least until some month after her child's birth). It's obvious that now she has something else to think about. Certainly she won't come back now.
In my opinion we have to wait her to get used to her new life, because now it is probably the only thing in her mind. As a singer, she is still young and she surely has talent and connections to come back. The only thing lacking is her passion. And that is something that only Alizée can find again. There are a lot of singer, athletes and other artists that came back after a long pause. Alizée is the only one to know if she will be among them. As I said, now she's certainly not thinking about that. And it should be so.
Old 07-08-2019, 05:05 AM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Could there be a movie role or a tv show? I think she has everything she wants in life now and will not take part in any role that will take her away from Ajaccio for an extended amount of time.
In 30-50 years--- assuming advances in CGI--- Alizee can replace Carrie Fisher in Star Wars, and so on. Alizee can be Princess Leia in Star Wars, Sarah Conner in the Terminator, Rose in Titanic--- whatever we want.

(It would be interesting to see how viewers respond to the Alizee versions of these movies versus the original versions. The original actresses in these movies were kind of average-looking, and so I think there were be a preference for the Alizee versions. I'd be curious as to how much of a preference.)

Last edited by Mr Coucou; 07-08-2019 at 05:37 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 07-08-2019, 09:15 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
In 30-50 years--- assuming advances in CGI--- Alizee can replace Carrie Fisher in Star Wars, and so on. Alizee can be Princess Leia in Star Wars
This would be good just as long as she doesn't have the "cinnamon bun" hairdo!

The world will be radically different in 50 years, but just for grins assume technology does not advance very much and people are still viewing YouTube videos as they are today. How popular would Alizee videos still be? Go further out still so that none of us are here any longer, including Alizee herself. Would she be of legendary status like many of the old Hollywood stars?
Old 07-08-2019, 05:53 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I think what might hurt her in the future might be resolution. Who knows what technology will be invented that might time stamp her videos. It's very unfortunate, her early career came along a little too early for HD. At this point the resolution of her videos is still good enough that it's not that noticeable, her early videos are almost 20 years old, especially with the use of smartphones and their smaller screens, but new technology is the only thing I think that can threaten the popularity of her music and videos, many years into the future.
Old 07-08-2019, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
This would be good just as long as she doesn't have the "cinnamon bun" hairdo!

The world will be radically different in 50 years, but just for grins assume technology does not advance very much and people are still viewing YouTube videos as they are today. How popular would Alizee videos still be? Go further out still so that none of us are here any longer, including Alizee herself. Would she be of legendary status like many of the old Hollywood stars?
I think the MCE/JEAM haircut (the one where its curled-up at the ends) would be perfect for Star Wars.

I think JEAM (as well as her other 99-03 videos) will persist on the internet, and those videos will continue to wow male viewers no less than they do today. But I think outside of that, she'll largely be forgotten.

She's practically forgotten today in France (isn't she?). Fondly remembered, but for all practical purposes, forgotten; France has moved on.

Suppose there is a history book for French students--- the kind that not only talks about politics and economics, but also touches upon popular culture, and has color photographs. Suppose it had a photograph of a French performer, as an example of popular culture in late 20th/early 21st century France--- it would more likely be a photo of Mylene Farmer. Its possible they could utilize a photo of Alizee, but I think it would more likely be Mylene Farmer (or maybe someone like Francis Gall or Sergei Gainsbourg etc???)

Her peak career (1999-2003) didn't last long enough to make much of a historical imprint.

To whatever extent Alizee is remembered, in terms of history I think she will most likely be remembered for Moi Lolita--- the song was so huge.

Last edited by Mr Coucou; 07-08-2019 at 07:02 PM..
Old 07-08-2019, 07:04 PM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post

Suppose there is a history book for French students--- the kind that not only talks about politics and economics, but also touches upon popular culture, and has color photographs. Suppose it had a photograph of a French performer, as an example of popular culture in late 20th/early 21st century France--- it would more likely be a photo of Mylene Farmer. Its possible they could utilize a photo of Alizee, but I think it would more likely be Mylene Farmer (or maybe someone like Francis Gall or Sergei Gainsbourg etc???)

Her peak career (1999-2003) didn't last long enough to make much of a historical imprint.
This point of view is a bit sad... but probably true.
I've always thought that if I have children, I will let them listen to Alizée as soon as possible. So that they consider her to be a kind of "family member" or at least a very important artist in their lives. In the same way it has been in my case with other singers and actors. In this way she'll live forever. Or maybe we can just make our friends discover her.

Anyway it would be cool to see Alizée in some documentary about early 21th century France popular culture. It should be more plausible than seeing her in a book.
Old 07-08-2019, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn97 View Post
Anyway it would be cool to see Alizée in some documentary about early 21th century France popular culture. It should be more plausible than seeing her in a book.
Yes; if they made a TV documentary on early 21st century French pop culture, she would very likely be in it.

Last edited by Mr Coucou; 07-08-2019 at 10:45 PM..