Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Dals pt 1

No subs
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1l1Z...ew?usp=sharing

Subs
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwR...ew?usp=sharing
Old 08-30-2019, 05:58 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Thank you Scruffydog. I have seen most of this video before but not all of it. I had never seen where Alizee got teary-eyed about her daughter, and although I have seen the segment where Gregorie and Alizee first met, I don't recall seeing the translation before. Greg wanted Alizee to seduce him and she sure as hell did that. I have seen the "I don't shout" before, but I couldn't help laughing when I saw it again today. Great video, thanks again.
Old 08-30-2019, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
Thank you Scruffydog. I have seen most of this video before but not all of it. I had never seen where Alizee got teary-eyed about her daughter, and although I have seen the segment where Gregorie and Alizee first met, I don't recall seeing the translation before. Greg wanted Alizee to seduce him and she sure as hell did that. I have seen the "I don't shout" before, but I couldn't help laughing when I saw it again today. Great video, thanks again.
You're welcome Shepherd and anyone else who wanted these. I'll try to add one a day. That way, at some point I'll have to delete some I added to make room for the others. Hopefully this will give everyone time who wants them to download them.
Old 08-31-2019, 09:18 AM

Dals Season 4, week 2

Video without subs;

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1R-7...ew?usp=sharing

Video with subs;

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Zsn...ew?usp=sharing

I think this week's show kind of proved to us what most of us felt went on in her previous relationship and we can discuss that after others here have had time to watch these videos.
Old 08-31-2019, 02:41 PM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Thank you very much, Scruffydog! I've just finished watching the video and I have to say that I am touched by her performance.
I had never seen the story behind, so this video told me a lot about her that I didn't know before (thanks to the song lyrics, too). Now I completely understand her dance and what it meant for her. Seeing her so sad makes me understand how happy she is now and how she deserves it. I'll be even a bit happier for her when I see her smiling from now on. Thank you, again

Edit:

P S: I noticed something in the video. When Alizée and Grégoire are talking on the floor, at a certain point she says that she will always love her ex husband through her daughter. And Greg looks down and seems sad. Do you think that he was sad also because he was already in love with her? We know he already liked her when he was a teenager but who knows if it was already love.
What do you think?

(do I have to create another thread for this? )

Last edited by Aragorn97; 08-31-2019 at 02:41 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 08-31-2019, 03:19 PM

kulli is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn97 View Post

P S: I noticed something in the video. When Alizée and Grégoire are talking on the floor, at a certain point she says that she will always love her ex husband through her daughter. And Greg looks down and seems sad. Do you think that he was sad also because he was already in love with her? We know he already liked her when he was a teenager but who knows if it was already love.
What do you think?
He was crazy about her when he was young and and he even had a girlfriend who looked similar like Alizee. I guess he knew she was unreachable for him. After all these years he finally met her and participates with her in a dance show. I can only imgagine to be in his situation! Maybe he was not in love, but I think he already feelings for her or quickly got some when they spent time together. This statement may got him thinking, but I am sure he was aware that it is probably the chance of his life, so he gave not up to win hear heart.

Last edited by kulli; 08-31-2019 at 03:49 PM..
Old 09-01-2019, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn97 View Post
What do you think?

(do I have to create another thread for this? )
I think he looked sad when he looked down for 2 reasons, one was as you suspect, he was already in love with her and maybe with what she said, he felt he didn't have a chance. Of course it turned out other wise. I also think he looked down because he felt sad for her.

We can see with that dance and the tears it produced in week 2 that she was still in love with Jeremy, but this little clip is from week 1, though I don't think it was in the regular show video. In it you can see the joy and happiness she was already experiencing by sharing her passion for dance with someone other than her very good friend PierreAntoine, a professional dancer, who was from Ajaccio and who was gay. I think in that first week, the seeds of a new relationship were planted.

As far as starting a new thread, that's up to you. We run things pretty loosely here where other forums constantly tell you "Stick to the topic". Of course the benefit of sticking to the topic is, in the future it makes looking back for something that was said easier, if it was on topic for the title of the thread..

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1z3t...ew?usp=sharing

week 1.jpg
Old 09-01-2019, 09:01 AM

Dals, week 3

With subs;

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1brP...ew?usp=sharing

Without subs;

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OtQ...ew?usp=sharing
Old 09-01-2019, 09:03 AM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post

We can see with that dance and the tears it produced in week 2 that she was still in love with Jeremy, but this little clip is from week 1, though I don't think it was in the regular show video. In it you can see the joy and happiness she was already experiencing by sharing her passion for dance with someone other than her very good friend PierreAntoine, a professional dancer, who was from Ajaccio and who was gay. I think in that first week, the seeds of a new relationship were planted.
I've always thought that who you see in this kind of TV shows tends to act like an actor or, anyway, to emphasize their emotions. For example Alizée and Greg seemed really harmonious since the very first time. But I think that they were just very lucky to have found each other. As I said before, we don't know how actually Alizée is, but she has always seemed sincere to me: I think she didn't pretend anything here, not even once. Nevertheless it wasn't easy to tell so much about her. I'm sure that she HAD to open herself for the show, but I think that Grégoire was really good at creating a sort of alchemy between them and at making her feel comfortable. So yes, I agree with you: there was a little spark burning from the very beginning.

I don't know much about Dals a part from the few glimpses that youtube offers, so I think that I will create a new thread about this (probably enormous) subject when I see all the episodes, if I need to discuss about it.
Old 09-01-2019, 08:32 PM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
I wonder if the French pronouns for "him/her" are the same. In frequent translations I see the masculine "he/him" inserted for the feminine "she/her." It's not unusual, for instance, to see Alizee referred to as "he."
Yes; for the indirect pronouns, him is "lui" and her is "lui".

(Its funny how French makes such a big deal about gender--- but in this instance, French doesn't care about gender when it ought to care about gender.)

Les pronoms COI
https://youtu.be/xHk8jpCRADU?t=177

Last edited by Mr Coucou; 09-01-2019 at 08:35 PM..