Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 09-07-2019, 01:41 AM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Was gone all day.....getting this out late.

Dals week 5

Without subs

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cdR...ew?usp=sharing

With subs

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MN-...ew?usp=sharing

I love the point at 1:50 where Greg told Alizee to make a very serious expression to support the dark role she was to play. Alizee put on her serious face, and Greg broke up laughing because she was so adorable. Even when she puts that face on in the finished dance, I can't help laughing.

And then "You don't want to move to something else? I'm tired of this. I've been doing these wiggles for thirteen years. At 2:36.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
"She is the closest evidence to the existence of a god"

Goddess?

Last edited by Shepherd; 09-07-2019 at 01:41 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 09-07-2019, 09:49 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
And then "You don't want to move to something else? I'm tired of this. I've been doing these wiggles for thirteen years. At 2:36.

Well those wiggles were a large part of what made her famous in addition to her beauty,her personality and her voice. They helped put bread on the table. They brought in a lot more money and continue to bring in more money than an engineering career would have with a lot less work. A lot of women would love to have that problem. Feel blessed that men loved and still continue to love, those wiggles.

Edit:

I'm working on week 9 at the moment and hopefully will have it up by at the latest, tomorrow morning. Week 9 was great because there was so much of that show that included Alizee, not to mention the end result, but that makes it longer to upload.

Some of the videos I used for my videos were in NTSC format and some in Pal. If anyone has problems with one file format freezing, let me know and I can upload the other format to see if it works better.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 09-07-2019 at 09:49 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 09-07-2019, 01:06 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Well those wiggles were a large part of what made her famous in addition to her beauty,her personality and her voice. They helped put bread on the table. They brought in a lot more money and continue to bring in more money than an engineering career would have with a lot less work. A lot of women would love to have that problem. Feel blessed that men loved and still continue to love, those wiggles.
The way she wiggles and sways her hips makes it look so easy, but there is not many women that can do it like her. How many people got hooked when Alizee starts to sway her hips at the beginning of La Isla Bonita? The way she moves is something to behold, and it's not just the guys that see the beauty of it.

I'm pretty certain I won't see anybody like Alizee again in my lifetime. Maybe the world will have to wait 100 years. Maybe never again. Her talents are one thing, but adding her personality puts her in a league of her own.
Old 09-07-2019, 02:10 PM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
Her talents are one thing, but adding her personality puts her in a league of her own.
Absolutely true: whenever I want to classify someone and Alizée can potentially be on the list, I have to esclude her. Otherwise she would always be on top

Edit:

Quote:
Thank you again!

Last edited by Aragorn97; 09-07-2019 at 02:23 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 09-07-2019, 03:21 PM

imverynuts is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I'm pretty certain I won't see anybody like Alizee again in my lifetime. Maybe the world will have to wait 100 years. Maybe never again. Her talents are one thing, but adding her personality puts her in a league of her own.
I still performance in Amsterdam the most.. between not having as much makeup and it looking mostly improvisational I loved it the most.. I remember I had seen her music video first and thought it was interesting/different, yet her Amsterdam performance just made me realize I was seeing something I've never seen before, and still haven't. I still watch that Amsterdam video.. I wish there was a higher res version of it. I even tried that topaz gigapixel on each from of the video, but it's just way too low res to make it look actually better.

I'm so glad Mylene spotted her as well as accidentally being entered as a singer. Even if she won the dance portion of the competition, I doubt we'd have heard of her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn97 View Post
Absolutely true: whenever I want to classify someone and Alizée can potentially be on the list, I have to esclude her. Otherwise she would always be on top
She even won 1st on that cooking show LOL
Old 09-07-2019, 06:17 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by imverynuts View Post
I'm so glad Mylene spotted her as well as accidentally being entered as a singer. Even if she won the dance portion of the competition, I doubt we'd have heard of her.
Sadly, you are right. Young people dream of being in the entertainment industry, but so few make it big time. I guess you can make that case for sports as well. The chance for stardom and riches is so small that it is hardly worth the effort trying to get there. Alizee was the Black Swan, and was in the right place in the right time. I cannot explain the Alizee Phenomenon.

Quote:
She even won 1st on that cooking show LOL
I was neighbors to a young couple who ate EVERY meal out. Their house did not even need a kitchen, except maybe to make their morning coffee. Personally, I love to cook, and my ancestry includes a number of restaurateurs and even a cook to Russian aristocrats before the revolution. To make a meal that family and/or guests love is a great privilege. The fact that Alizee loves to cook and bake speaks volumes about her. She desires to make people happy, and that is totally in line with what we know about her.
Old 09-07-2019, 11:06 PM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
The way she wiggles and sways her hips makes it look so easy, but there is not many women that can do it like her. How many people got hooked when Alizee starts to sway her hips at the beginning of La Isla Bonita? The way she moves is something to behold, and it's not just the guys that see the beauty of it.
Her physical reflexes must be in the top 1%. Maybe the top 1/2 of 1%.

Quote:
There ought to be a way of calculating this--- sort of like the Drake Equation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drake_equation

Last edited by Mr Coucou; 09-08-2019 at 06:23 AM..
Old 09-08-2019, 07:57 AM

imverynuts is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Her physical reflexes must be in the top 1%. Maybe the top 1/2 of 1%.
Even if it isn't she is the only one I know of where her movements got my attention so much!

Quote:
There ought to be a way of calculating this--- sort of like the Drake Equation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drake_equation
Even if there is another Alizee I don't think I could fall again for another.. I'm hers now

Quote:
Sadly, you are right. Young people dream of being in the entertainment industry, but so few make it big time. I guess you can make that case for sports as well. The chance for stardom and riches is so small that it is hardly worth the effort trying to get there. Alizee was the Black Swan, and was in the right place in the right time. I cannot explain the Alizee Phenomenon.
I think Mylene understands the male mind more than your average bear. She saw something special in Alizee's look and demeanor and maximized it between albums. It's no accident/fluke IMO

Quote:
I was neighbors to a young couple who ate EVERY meal out. Their house did not even need a kitchen, except maybe to make their morning coffee. Personally, I love to cook, and my ancestry includes a number of restaurateurs and even a cook to Russian aristocrats before the revolution. To make a meal that family and/or guests love is a great privilege. The fact that Alizee loves to cook and bake speaks volumes about her. She desires to make people happy, and that is totally in line with what we know about her.
It'd be a bit of a religious experience to eat something made by Alizee :-O

lecook.jpg

Last edited by imverynuts; 09-08-2019 at 08:04 AM..
Old 09-08-2019, 04:28 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I'm having some trouble uploading all the files of '9'. I'll give it another shot tomorrow. Right now, I'm headed to my brother's house for the night to watch a football game tonight.
Old 09-08-2019, 04:51 PM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I think Mylene understands the male mind more than your average bear. She saw something special in Alizee's look and demeanor and maximized it between albums. It's no accident/fluke IMO
What Mylene saw in Alizee has been an endless topic of discussion.

I think Mylene thought that Alizee looked like a Lolita. As far as Alizee turning out to be such a beauty, I don't think Mylene could have foreseen that. I think Mylene got lucky.

See the picture below. On the right is Natalie Portman, as a Lolita-type character from a 1990's movie. On the left, Alizee. Note that Alizee is even wearing a "choker".

Looking at Alizee below, can you tell that Alizee would turn out to be such a beauty? I can't. Alizee is cute, but I don't see more than that-- do you?? And if we can't see it as heterosexual males, I don't see how Mylene could have seen it.

So I don't think Mylene saw Alizee's eventual beauty; she just thought that Alizee looked like a Lolita.

zee - port3.JPG

Last edited by Mr Coucou; 09-08-2019 at 04:56 PM..