Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Media Section

Old 05-25-2020, 11:23 AM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
Les Enfoires was like a whole other chapter of Alizee's career. Of course my focus is Alizee, but there is a lot of other talented performers in the shows. The music is not all French, and there are a number of songs with Alizee singing in English with that cute French accent.

Les Enfoires 2008 is probably my favorite. It was a high energy show with a young and playful Alizee. Taking videos by phone was not widespread at that time, so there was a lot of audience participation. Celine Dion was a performer that year, the only year she participated in the 2000's. Another guest was Karen Mulder, a French Victoria's Secret runway model of the 90's. Many English songs sung that year.

A close second was 2013. Alizee had that wavy black hair and she was just gorgeous. She also had a lot of stage time in that show, probably the most compared to others. Then comes 2011.

Those are my top three, with special mention given to LE 2012.
Alright, I will take a look at the shows you mentioned. Les enfoires is a sort of hodgepodge full of random stuff for me, because there aren't many videos from what I have seen, but there are many, many photos. So, I'll try to watch everything year by year this time. Cheers for the suggestions.
Old 05-25-2020, 12:44 PM

failax is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebanana View Post
Can anyone translate this little part of the interview. I have the rest translated but that part is missing.
I added with red subtitles a few words that i recognize but the rest is a mystery to me

Alizée - 2003-03-15 - Reportage - Histoires D'un Retour Attendu - FanDe - M6 part 4

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Wqi...ew?usp=sharing
I've not understood everything she said, but in little terms she says that United States are too big to make promotion, and she doesn't want to do as Britney Spears (do the same end..), one day in a state and the other to another one.

Uncompressed Alizée videos Telegram channel

https://t.me/joinchat/A8uzOFjfKHAuPZQ_-MpzWQ
Old 05-25-2020, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebanana View Post
Can anyone translate this little part of the interview. I have the rest translated but that part is missing.
I added with red subtitles a few words that i recognize but the rest is a mystery to me

Alizée - 2003-03-15 - Reportage - Histoires D'un Retour Attendu - FanDe - M6 part 4

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Wqi...ew?usp=sharing
YouTube has automatic translation for subtitles. It isn't great most of the times and I don't know if it works for every video, but you could try to upload it, so we may see if we can understand something else.
Old 05-25-2020, 08:49 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajue View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzaXq2LNggE

Everyone here has probably seen this performance, but this is the HIGHEST quality version I've ever found of it. 1080p 60fps.

Its the L'Alize performance at Top of the Pops.
Quote:
Originally Posted by failax View Post
Incredibile quality!Thanks!
Yes it's very good quality. Thank you for posting!

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn97 View Post
Alright, I will take a look at the shows you mentioned. Les enfoires is a sort of hodgepodge full of random stuff for me, because there aren't many videos from what I have seen, but there are many, many photos. So, I'll try to watch everything year by year this time. Cheers for the suggestions.
As CleverCowboy said, Les Enfoires was another chapter in her life, a great chapter imo. Unfortunately many fans don't get to see these performances because of copyright restrictions put on the official dvd videos, not to mention fan videos and then there are poor quality Youtube videos.

Another great part of watching Les Enfoires videos is you get to learn about so many other great French singers.

Case in point. Look at this Youtube video from 2008 where they are singing Christophe Wilhelm's song "Double Je". It's such a poor quality, you don't want to watch it.

But if you watch this version from my drive, it's very enjoyable and with watching Les Enfoires, you get to know these other "characters".

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Mlj...ew?usp=sharing

Christophe Mae, who was paired up with Alizee, sang his lines with so much intensity. You should read his story.

Patrick Fiori who has an awesome voice. His mother was from Corsica.

Lorie Pester who was a beautiful young singer who came up at the same time as Alizee.

The police officer on the left was Christophe Willem who wrote the song. Later him and Alizee would appear in the show SAGA where Alizee sang the song.

Jean-Jacques Goldman who is another legendary French singer who has done a tremendous amount to organize these shows.

Karen Mulder, the Dutch model that CleverCowboy had mentioned. I remember a frame capture I did of her and Alizee from LE 2002 I think it was. She once tried to commit suicide.

Alizee and Karen Mulder.jpg

One of the best moments of this video I think was at the 3:39 mark. After she left MF, we've seen so many times where Alizee has sung songs that I think weren't perfect fits for her, but at this point, she belted out her line in a way that I wondered, why haven't we seen more of this since she did leave Mylene.

I think she might have been inspired by the intensity of Christophe Mae's performance.

Another fun part of watching this video is this is a show done for charity and the artists get together on short notice with little time to rehears and It was funny watching the woman on stage trying to get their act together.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 05-25-2020 at 09:10 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 05-27-2020, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
It's such a poor quality, you don't want to watch it.
Indeed I had never watched it before. Lol
I already knew the song thanks to SAGA, but this performance is also fun.

As for the singers you mentioned, I know some of them because I've seen them in SAGA and other videos that I find here or that YouTube puts in my recommendations. I don't know about their actual songs, but I have to say that some of these singers have beautiful voices and most of them also seem to be nice people.

Quote:
Another fun part of watching this video is this is a show done for charity and the artists get together on short notice with little time to rehears and It was funny watching the woman on stage trying to get their act together.
Yes, I have seen some videos on your YT channels and there are many funny situations in the show.
Moreover when you watch a live performance on TV, it is usually scripted and you perceive that some things aren't natural. So it's nice to see a show where the singers are the first people to have fun (and to make "mistakes").

And, above all, there is no playback in these performances as far as I've seen. So, every time Alizée sings, it's a surprise.
Old 05-27-2020, 09:23 PM

This is one of my favorite performances on L E where she sings Tal's "Le sens de la vie" with Jenifer.
I lover her voice in this one, especially at the :48 mark where I thought it showed a special quality.

I happened to be at a couple of performances where she sang this song, but in each case, some stage prop was blocking my view of her so I didn't get a good video of it and I was praying when the official video came out, it would give her a lot of face time and luckily it did.
http
://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUY0pB0hcSQ
Old 05-28-2020, 02:43 AM

Quote:
This is one of my favorite performances on L E where she sings Tal's "Le sens de la vie" with Jenifer.
I lover her voice in this one, especially at the :48 mark where I thought it showed a special quality.

I happened to be at a couple of performances where she sang this song, but in each case, some stage prop was blocking my view of her so I didn't get a good video of it and I was praying when the official video came out, it would give her a lot of face time and luckily it did.
http
://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUY0pB0hcSQ
During the show they often sing a song of another singer that also partecipate in the event. It happened with Tal and Cristophe Willem. But have they ever sung one of Alizée's songs?
Old 05-28-2020, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn97 View Post
During the show they often sing a song of another singer that also partecipate in the event. It happened with Tal and Cristophe Willem. But have they ever sung one of Alizée's songs?
They did perform Moi Lolita and you get a glimpse of Alizee watching at 2:53. This was in 2002.

Les Enfoires has a pretty good site where you can search by artists, songs or show (year), though since the wife of the founder died about 2 years ago, it seems like they aren't keeping this page up anymore even though the show goes on. It might be a good idea to save this info before it disappears, but of course the shows will always be there on dvd. In recent years they've been putting on about 7 shows each year. Each of the shows have pretty much the same acts I guess you call it, but sometimes they'll have different performers fill the roles in certain skits each night. Sometimes it's because certain participants can't make it to every show.. They also have filler skits. Sometimes they have an artist or artists sing a song or do like a comedy skit in between the main skits to give all the others time to change. These "filler" skits sometimes don't make it on the dvd that is made at the end. This is one performance with Alizee that was a filler song, that wasn't on the dvd. Thank goodness for the fans. This was another performance I was lucky enough to be there for.

There is a better video imo out there.......

http://www.enfoires.fr/enfoirepedia/?nom=alizee

Les Enfoires Alizee stats.jpg

Rolling in the Deep was another of my favorites of hers which you've probably heard of.

This is one you may not have heard of......

The guy next to her in the stands is Thomas Dutronc, another French singer. His mother was Francoise Hardy, another famous French singer, songwriter, etc.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 05-28-2020 at 07:40 AM..
Old 05-29-2020, 06:19 AM

Quote:
They did perform Moi Lolita and you get a glimpse of Alizee watching at 2:53. This was in 2002.

As always, a lot of information! Cheers.

Anyway the interpretations of Tal's and Willem's songs were better. That Moi...Lolita doesn't sound very good to me. :/
Old 05-29-2020, 10:57 AM

joebanana is on a distinguished road

Alizée - 2003-03-15 - Reportage - Histoires D'un Retour Attendu, Part 4 - With English subtitles

Thanks to Aragorn and failax we know roughly what Alizee is talking about in the part where subtitles are missing.
The rest of the video is translated here, with a little touch of Joe Banana

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Tk1...ew?usp=sharing

Tags
alizee, alizeeamerica, section, video, youtube