Alex Rien is on a distinguished road

Old 12-03-2020, 01:09 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

http://www.purepeople.com/article/my...m_source=batch

Google Translation:
Mylène Farmer: A sordid murder pushed her to hide in silence and oblivion

Posted on December 03, 2020 - 1:10 p.m.
If you have followed Mylène Farmer since the start of her career in the 1980s, you know that she was never too afraid to confront TV hosts, or anyone else. Then suddenly, the singer closed like an oyster ...
If there is one French celebrity who is well known for her ultimate discretion, it is her. Although she has been tinged with mystery for years, Mylène Farmer is at the heart of several documentaries that focus on her life and her work. Already in September, the Amazon Prime platform unveiled The Ultimate Creation: three episodes that retraced the scenes of the concerts given by the singer in June 2019 at Paris La Défense Arena. On Thursday, December 3, 2020, W9 in turn broadcasts Mylène Farmer, without counterfeiting , a new format in which it does not intervene ... but which still offers a sharp analysis of the artist's profile.

Shaken by this drama, she disappeared for 3 years
At the start of her career, however, Mylène Farmer took pleasure in defending her musical projects, appearing for example on television. Then suddenly, modesty and absence became his trademark. And maybe we didn't know it, but it was a terrible mishap that prompted the beautiful music lover to change her behavior overnight. As the newspaper Le Parisien recalls , in 1991, the receptionist of her record company was " killed by a fan who demanded to see her... Shocked by this tragedy, she disappeared for 3 years..." specifies the daily.

"The visceral fear of abandonment has existed in me since childhood."
And to think that she imagined herself a rider or an actress. Yielding to the obvious, Mylène Farmer is at the head of an impressive discography and 36 years of career, just that! She has difficulty recovering from her trauma, of course, but the singer preserves as best she can this unique bond that unites her to her audience. Without them, she would undoubtedly sink.. " It sends me back to a recurring nightmare . I arrive on stage and the room is empty. The visceral fear of abandonment has existed in me since childhood," she admitted in Le Parisien earlier in the year. This exchange with the public is so vital. "In another life, I think my love of animals would win out. Ideally, I would be both a veterinarian and a shelter." Fate wanted it otherwise ...

Mylene Farmer Purepeople.jpg
Old 12-04-2020, 06:47 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post
http://www.purepeople.com/article/my...m_source=batch

Google Translation:
Mylène Farmer: A sordid murder pushed her to hide in silence and oblivion

Posted on December 03, 2020 - 1:10 p.m.
If you have followed Mylène Farmer since the start of her career in the 1980s, you know that she was never too afraid to confront TV hosts, or anyone else. Then suddenly, the singer closed like an oyster ...
If there is one French celebrity who is well known for her ultimate discretion, it is her. Although she has been tinged with mystery for years, Mylène Farmer is at the heart of several documentaries that focus on her life and her work. Already in September, the Amazon Prime platform unveiled The Ultimate Creation: three episodes that retraced the scenes of the concerts given by the singer in June 2019 at Paris La Défense Arena. On Thursday, December 3, 2020, W9 in turn broadcasts Mylène Farmer, without counterfeiting , a new format in which it does not intervene ... but which still offers a sharp analysis of the artist's profile.

Shaken by this drama, she disappeared for 3 years
At the start of her career, however, Mylène Farmer took pleasure in defending her musical projects, appearing for example on television. Then suddenly, modesty and absence became his trademark. And maybe we didn't know it, but it was a terrible mishap that prompted the beautiful music lover to change her behavior overnight. As the newspaper Le Parisien recalls , in 1991, the receptionist of her record company was " killed by a fan who demanded to see her... Shocked by this tragedy, she disappeared for 3 years..." specifies the daily.

"The visceral fear of abandonment has existed in me since childhood."
And to think that she imagined herself a rider or an actress. Yielding to the obvious, Mylène Farmer is at the head of an impressive discography and 36 years of career, just that! She has difficulty recovering from her trauma, of course, but the singer preserves as best she can this unique bond that unites her to her audience. Without them, she would undoubtedly sink.. " It sends me back to a recurring nightmare . I arrive on stage and the room is empty. The visceral fear of abandonment has existed in me since childhood," she admitted in Le Parisien earlier in the year. This exchange with the public is so vital. "In another life, I think my love of animals would win out. Ideally, I would be both a veterinarian and a shelter." Fate wanted it otherwise ...

Attachment 3197
I'm not sure if I heard about that incident before. Either way it's a pretty sad thing. Even though she had nothing to do with it, it looks like she feels in some way responsible for it. Too bad because she does seem to be a very caring person.

That reminds me of the bombing in England a few years ago at Ariana Grandea's concert. Over 20 people were killed and many more injured. I'm sure it's natural to think those people are dead because they came to her concert. Even though with her too, she had nothing to do with it, I'm sure she feels some level of guilt or at least a deep amount of sadness that will be slow to go away if it goes away.
Old 12-05-2020, 05:20 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I'm not sure if I heard about that incident before. Either way it's a pretty sad thing. Even though she had nothing to do with it, it looks like she feels in some way responsible for it. Too bad because she does seem to be a very caring person.

That reminds me of the bombing in England a few years ago at Ariana Grandea's concert. Over 20 people were killed and many more injured. I'm sure it's natural to think those people are dead because they came to her concert. Even though with her too, she had nothing to do with it, I'm sure she feels some level of guilt or at least a deep amount of sadness that will be slow to go away if it goes away.
I agree. It is natural for people to say "if only I hadn't..." fill in the blank. It can be scary how a single decision--taking a quick trip to the store or going to a concert or to church or even just going to work or staying home could be life-altering choices. But we can't ever blame ourselves for a decision made in good conscience. Though, as you said, people still do. I guess that is human nature.
Old 12-06-2020, 04:27 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post
I agree. It is natural for people to say "if only I hadn't..." fill in the blank. It can be scary how a single decision--taking a quick trip to the store or going to a concert or to church or even just going to work or staying home could be life-altering choices. But we can't ever blame ourselves for a decision made in good conscience. Though, as you said, people still do. I guess that is human nature.
I remember years ago I had an aunt who lived about 10 miles away. Me and her 3 sons had been really close over the years doing a lot of things such as skiing, clubbing together. She didn't have much money yet she'd wouldn't hesitate to give us money so we could go out and have a good time. Several years later, she had arthritis real bad, almost to the point of being bed ridden and had either a hip or knee replaced.

As a small way of thanking her, I'd stop by the hospital and bring her a newspaper and I'd talk to her for a while just about everyday, then came Valentines day. I went down to my parents house about 45 miles away to do some work there. On the way I picked up a box of chocolates to bring to my aunt on my way home. I was pretty beat after getting that work done so I decided not to stop at the hospital.

I forget the exact details but she was taking aspirin when she wasn't supposed to or vice versa. She suffered a blood clot and passed away that night. It was sad enough that she passed away and I couldn't help but feel if I had stopped by, maybe I would have noticed something wrong.

In years to follow, I took my mother on different trips to places like Canada, The Grand Canyon, Mexico as a small way of thanking her for all she had done for me and I wished I could have taken my aunt too.
Old 12-06-2020, 07:15 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I remember years ago I had an aunt who lived about 10 miles away. Me and her 3 sons had been really close over the years doing a lot of things such as skiing, clubbing together. She didn't have much money yet she'd wouldn't hesitate to give us money so we could go out and have a good time. Several years later, she had arthritis real bad, almost to the point of being bed ridden and had either a hip or knee replaced.

As a small way of thanking her, I'd stop by the hospital and bring her a newspaper and I'd talk to her for a while just about everyday, then came Valentines day. I went down to my parents house about 45 miles away to do some work there. On the way I picked up a box of chocolates to bring to my aunt on my way home. I was pretty beat after getting that work done so I decided not to stop at the hospital.

I forget the exact details but she was taking aspirin when she wasn't supposed to or vice versa. She suffered a blood clot and passed away that night. It was sad enough that she passed away and I couldn't help but feel if I had stopped by, maybe I would have noticed something wrong.

In years to follow, I took my mother on different trips to places like Canada, The Grand Canyon, Mexico as a small way of thanking her for all she had done for me and I wished I could have taken my aunt too.
I have zero doubt your aunt knew how much you cared about her, and I’m
certain your mom did, too. People show their caring in a thousand little ways. We might remember the specific things we do for people—or wish we had done. But in reality, what they remember is the big picture of how we treated them overall—how we made them feel when we were around. I know it’s natural to always wish we’d done more. But that’s how we’d feel no matter how much we did do.

As for the blood clot, my understanding is that they can occur very quickly with few symptoms or with symptoms that are easily mistaken for something else. If she was in the hospital when she had the blood clot, I think you can be pretty confident that if there had been noticeable symptoms they’d have detected it there.

I know it’s hard not to think maybe you could have made a difference, though. I really do empathize. My mother died suddenly, alone at home. I will always wonder if I could have saved her if I’d been there. But then again, the “what ifs” can fill a person with despair. We simply can’t anticipate the future.

I try to take comfort in knowing my mother knew I loved her and would have done anything in my power to help her. And I am sure your aunt and mother both knew the same.
Old 12-12-2020, 08:45 PM

Alex Rien is on a distinguished road