Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-14-2022, 03:14 AM

Alexx89 is on a distinguished road

Sorry for double posting but it might help.

I kept reading older posts in this thread and I see a pattern. From a fan to another fan : Do not turn everything into an obsession for her mate. I feel ya ! I have been there as a teen - I discovered her in my early 20's...18-19 actually.
I had my mind constantly at her - I got unfocused on school , flunked a year...I was a disaster.

How did it all help me after ? I turned an unhealthy obsession into an admiration. I used the energy she gave me into doing things of my own that succeeded. I followed her as much as possible and be glad for her achievements but also whenever she had dissapointments in life I felt that I'm there as a fan to console her. When she went through her break-up with her first husband it saddened me to be honest - And in a more recent interview she sayd that she always was insecure of herself and often didn't have confidence in the reflection of the mirror or something like that - she didn;t like to watch her own performances on TV and stuff like that.

I felt then a larger connection than ever - we are all the same - I went through simillar things too so actually being there with her all the way makes you feel better to be honest... I don't enjoy seeing her sad or crying but it conforts me in someway along the way . That's what admiration is ! not obsession , not psychosis.

To see someone who once you considered your celebrity crush - cry and be dissapointed - to want just to console her and let her know things will get better - without you being involved - that's a different level -

Focus the energy - get inspired by her accomplishments and learn from her mistakes so you can be a better person. Do not overcomplicate things with obsessing about something that can never be - If something is meant to happen in this world even as crazy as a celebrity falling for a fan - it will happen - but not by you daydreaming , stalking or harrassing. I am saying these because things like these do happen in real life to be honest. And that's more selfish and egotistical !

I'm more than 100% sure that some people were very happy and joyful when she went through a break-up - Yeh they all dreamed TADAAA it's my moment ! Get a fricking grip on reality will ya ?! If you are a real fan and you admire her - the feeling should be different !

I am not pointing fingers at anyone , I just know how people are I think it's not the case here amongst these fans ..or at least I am naive to think so !

TLDR : Be her fan , focus the energy that she gives you , be inspired and happy in your life ! cheers
Old 04-14-2022, 08:43 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexx89 View Post
I turned an unhealthy obsession into an admiration.
I don't think I formally said hello and welcome back to the forum, so consider this it.

I very much enjoyed your posts in this thread. You put into words very well what the journey is like for an Alizee fan over time. But the single sentence that you wrote that I quoted above is vital to surviving the "psychosis" of being an Alizee fan.

The fact is, Alizee is very easy to fall in love with. She embodies so many characteristics that millions find irresistible. And they all would love to meet her, talk with her, move to Corsica and be her best friend... even marry her if the timing is right.

I don't think a certain amount of fantasy is unhealthy. For example, we had a thread here in recent years where if you had the chance to have a "date" with Alizee for a few hours in Ajaccio (with Gregoire's approval of course), where would you take her and what would you talk about? I thought it was kind of fun to think about it.

I think the early obsession part is pretty normal as well. The amount of videos on YouTube with Alizee as the subject matter is immense. Just the fan made videos are somewhere in between 4,000 and 5,000 (I've attempted to count them), and then are her performances, interviews, etc. Pictures are in the many thousands. One can spend years going through the media and not see something twice.

It will be my 16th year of being a fan as of this summer. The key to it is becoming an admirer of her, just as you said. There is enough out there to get to know the person of Alizee a little bit besides what she does on stage. She really does share a lot about herself in her interviews and her songs, her pictures/videos and her life. Also the shared experiences by fans who had the chance to interact with her. If a fan takes it to this next level, they will find she is totally worth the admiration. She becomes more human and any potentially unhealthy obsessions transitions to something more healthy.
Old 04-14-2022, 10:24 AM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

AlizéeSuperFanFIN is on a distinguished road
Cool

Quote:
Sorry for double posting but it might help.

I kept reading older posts in this thread and I see a pattern. From a fan to another fan : Do not turn everything into an obsession for her mate. I feel ya ! I have been there as a teen - I discovered her in my early 20's...18-19 actually.
I had my mind constantly at her - I got unfocused on school , flunked a year...I was a disaster.

How did it all help me after ? I turned an unhealthy obsession into an admiration. I used the energy she gave me into doing things of my own that succeeded. I followed her as much as possible and be glad for her achievements but also whenever she had dissapointments in life I felt that I'm there as a fan to console her. When she went through her break-up with her first husband it saddened me to be honest - And in a more recent interview she sayd that she always was insecure of herself and often didn't have confidence in the reflection of the mirror or something like that - she didn;t like to watch her own performances on TV and stuff like that.

I felt then a larger connection than ever - we are all the same - I went through simillar things too so actually being there with her all the way makes you feel better to be honest... I don't enjoy seeing her sad or crying but it conforts me in someway along the way . That's what admiration is ! not obsession , not psychosis.

To see someone who once you considered your celebrity crush - cry and be dissapointed - to want just to console her and let her know things will get better - without you being involved - that's a different level -

Focus the energy - get inspired by her accomplishments and learn from her mistakes so you can be a better person. Do not overcomplicate things with obsessing about something that can never be - If something is meant to happen in this world even as crazy as a celebrity falling for a fan - it will happen - but not by you daydreaming , stalking or harrassing. I am saying these because things like these do happen in real life to be honest. And that's more selfish and egotistical !

I'm more than 100% sure that some people were very happy and joyful when she went through a break-up - Yeh they all dreamed TADAAA it's my moment ! Get a fricking grip on reality will ya ?! If you are a real fan and you admire her - the feeling should be different !

I am not pointing fingers at anyone , I just know how people are I think it's not the case here amongst these fans ..or at least I am naive to think so !

TLDR : Be her fan , focus the energy that she gives you , be inspired and happy in your life ! cheers
Better only when there are more messages!

And again, lots of wise points!

It also immediately occurred to me that sometimes this madness is perhaps the easiest to deal with when “there is no longer a young Alizée in the limelight” except in the videos and pictures!

What a wild time it would have been then 2000 -> ...

Huh, a kind of "salvation" again and at the same time such a great pity!

Alizée 💜
Old 04-14-2022, 12:56 PM

Well ...

Yes - 2000-2003 Alizée is the one most of us fell in love with. It was the full package and the marketing was done brilliantly - It was the amazing combination of her naive and cute interviews and the sexyness in performances.

But you should not see things like this "thank god she got older and I don't have to worry" . That's not the point - even if it was back then we should focus on the same thing.

Look ! - Life itself is hard - We are playing this "game" on a high difficulty and it get's higher with all these random shit that's happening - pandemics , wars and all kind of economic bullshit... We do not need to complicate it more - It's true that nobody should give up on his dreams - but have decent expectations.

The chances of someone like her to fall in love with a random fan now or in the past is very low - but not 0. This does not mean you should pursue an impossible task - this whole ideea is to give you some confort - The fact that if a thing is meant to happen you have no ideea how random stuff will allign for it to happen - Trust me ! You wouldn't even believe ! But as I sayd this is meant to ease your mind and not fall into depression realising over time that she is unreachable and doesn't even know you exist...

That's why the healthy thing is to admire her -- I am trying to do some business lately to let's say - flourish with my talent - and I got upon a recent article of how her net worth is somewhere in the tens of milions. This gives me such a drive you have no ideea ! I never cared about how wealthy she is in all these years - who did ?! But it was interesting to see she invested into stocks, she has some restaurants , some contracts with beauty products etc.
This is just an example ! Your admiration of her and her skills could benefit you in the long run by giving you the proper boost you need ! That is how I see something like this.

For me right now the climax of everything would be to somehow get to work with her for at least 1 time - I am a photographer- and that could be my Everest to get to do a photoshoot with her or the entire family , whatever. Would it happen ? chances are very slim to none but why not chase it ? And do it in a manner where again it does not turn into the same obsession that can lead to destructive behaviour.

Sorry for rambling on the same subject but I always liked to pour my thoughts on the forums and it is nice to see people are still invested somehow ! That is another thing that brings me joy

I am right now catching up with some of her latest works - I have been as I sayd out of the "phenomenon" for 10 years or so ... So I do not know all her performances on Danse ave les stars or her latest two albums. Don't get me wrong I still kinda peaked from tiem to time - I listened to her singles - I wasn't cut out entirely..But I have a lot of material to see atm - aaaand - I can look at it differently - and also seeing her more vulnerable at some times , unsecure , then overcoming it in time and getting more mature and well centered brings me confort in some strange way !

Thank you for the welcome ! I like kind people And I missed this ! Alizée Forums always had some nice atmosphere - nobody was arguing and fighting - Social media is a fricking disaster nowadays - everyone knows everything and they argue untill the end of time...

I will stay for a while around here - will try to use my photoshop skills to do some work but at this time there are so many fan made stuff that ...eh well I'll try something when inspiration hits me. See you guys around ! Cheers !
Old 04-15-2022, 08:28 AM
Administrator

Quote:
The chances of someone like her to fall in love with a random fan now or in the past is very low - but not 0. This does not mean you should pursue an impossible task - this whole ideea is to give you some confort - The fact that if a thing is meant to happen you have no ideea how random stuff will allign for it to happen - Trust me ! You wouldn't even believe ! But as I sayd this is meant to ease your mind and not fall into depression realising over time that she is unreachable and doesn't even know you exist...
For me personally, the thought never crossed my mind, not even in a daydream. There was the age gap plus I had my own family, lived on a different continent and didn't speak the same language. A more realistic but yet slim goal was just having a chance to meet her.

In a way, Gregoire was a random fan - or at least an ex-fan - when they met. I read somewhere that he was a fan of Alizee during the 2000-2003 era. So when Alizee married, Greg was 17-18, somewhere in there. So about ten years later, he was selected to teach her to dance at DALS. So how is that for fate? Odds are he wasn't the die hard fan just prior to that, but I'm sure he got very excited when he found out he was to dance with her. Yet, he needed to be confident around Alizee, and he had something that Alizee admired. So the admiration worked both ways and they still look very solid as a couple. So the chances are not zero because it happened.

Quote:
and I got upon a recent article of how her net worth is somewhere in the tens of milions. This gives me such a drive you have no ideea ! I never cared about how wealthy she is in all these years - who did ?! But it was interesting to see she invested into stocks, she has some restaurants , some contracts with beauty products etc.
Do you have a link to the article? There is a web site out there that pegged her net worth at 50 million, and it was maybe 3 or 4 years ago that we were talking about how accurate that was on this forum. In the long run it didn't really matter one way or the other. Alizee wasn't doing much at that time so we all needed something to talk about.

I'd be interested in knowing what restaurants she owns or co-owns. Alizee has a talent for cooking and it would be interesting to know what kind of cuisine her restaurants offer.

Quote:
For me right now the climax of everything would be to somehow get to work with her for at least 1 time - I am a photographer- and that could be my Everest to get to do a photoshoot with her or the entire family , whatever. Would it happen ? chances are very slim to none but why not chase it ? And do it in a manner where again it does not turn into the same obsession that can lead to destructive behaviour.
I am friends with 3 people who became photographers by trade. With a very good camera available to everybody on their phone, you would think the demand for photographers would go away, but once I saw the difference between an iPhone photo and a photo taken from a high end camera like a Nikon, you realize the potential. There is so much to taking an outstanding photo than just pointing and clicking.

So out of the three friends, one reached the point of moderate success and lost interest and moved to something else. Another made it to the point where she was photographing events like weddings and never got beyond that. The last one, like you, aimed for Everest. She went from event photography to hosting destination photography lessons, traveling with students to exotic locations for photo opportunities. She's still going strong and has recently been the subject of a few magazine articles.

Nothing wrong with setting your goals high, even very high. A photo session with Alizee? Why not?
Old 04-15-2022, 08:34 AM

Can't find the article right now but I saved some text of it : " She also owns several restaurants (the “Fat Alizée Burger” chain) in Paris, a Football Team (the “Ajaccio Angels”), has launched her own brand of Vodka (Pure Wonderalizée - France), and is tackling the juniors market with a top-selling perfume (With Love from Alizée) and a fashion line called “Alizée Seduction” ...are these all bullshit ? or is it true..didn't have the time to inspect more so I'm just gonna ask here
Old 04-15-2022, 10:29 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Can't find the article right now but I saved some text of it : " She also owns several restaurants (the “Fat Alizée Burger” chain) in Paris, a Football Team (the “Ajaccio Angels”), has launched her own brand of Vodka (Pure Wonderalizée - France), and is tackling the juniors market with a top-selling perfume (With Love from Alizée) and a fashion line called “Alizée Seduction” ...are these all bullshit ? or is it true..didn't have the time to inspect more so I'm just gonna ask here
I believe I found the source and it's false. It comes from a satire web site and the title of the article is called Alizée Highest-Paid Singer in the World.

https://en.mediamass.net/people/aliz...hest-paid.html

The other articles they have on Alizee include:

‘Moi Lolita’ named Greatest Song of all time
Death Hoax says “Alizée dies at 37”
Split Rumors: Is the 37-year-old Singer Single Again?

and some more.

It looks like the site produces computerized false stories because you can click on another celebrity and find stories that are similarly titled, but name, age, location, etc. is changed.
Old 04-15-2022, 12:56 PM

Yeh...this happens when You are out of the "thing"...well I am stil inspired so it doesnt matter. As for Photography...I have my ways tobget to that. I'm not a very confident person but when it comes to Photography I am pretty sure I am high up there. IT will tale a while but I will get it done. Also If I get to meet her I will be keen to talk with Gregoire aswell. He seems like such a nice guy !
Old 04-15-2022, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
For me personally, the thought never crossed my mind, not even in a daydream. There was the age gap plus I had my own family, lived on a different continent and didn't speak the same language. A more realistic but yet slim goal was just having a chance to meet her.

In a way, Gregoire was a random fan - or at least an ex-fan - when they met. I read somewhere that he was a fan of Alizee during the 2000-2003 era. So when Alizee married, Greg was 17-18, somewhere in there. So about ten years later, he was selected to teach her to dance at DALS. So how is that for fate? Odds are he wasn't the die hard fan just prior to that, but I'm sure he got very excited when he found out he was to dance with her. Yet, he needed to be confident around Alizee, and he had something that Alizee admired. So the admiration worked both ways and they still look very solid as a couple. So the chances are not zero because it happened.

Do you have a link to the article? There is a web site out there that pegged her net worth at 50 million, and it was maybe 3 or 4 years ago that we were talking about how accurate that was on this forum. In the long run it didn't really matter one way or the other. Alizee wasn't doing much at that time so we all needed something to talk about.

I'd be interested in knowing what restaurants she owns or co-owns. Alizee has a talent for cooking and it would be interesting to know what kind of cuisine her restaurants offer.

I am friends with 3 people who became photographers by trade. With a very good camera available to everybody on their phone, you would think the demand for photographers would go away, but once I saw the difference between an iPhone photo and a photo taken from a high end camera like a Nikon, you realize the potential. There is so much to taking an outstanding photo than just pointing and clicking.

So out of the three friends, one reached the point of moderate success and lost interest and moved to something else. Another made it to the point where she was photographing events like weddings and never got beyond that. The last one, like you, aimed for Everest. She went from event photography to hosting destination photography lessons, traveling with students to exotic locations for photo opportunities. She's still going strong and has recently been the subject of a few magazine articles.

Nothing wrong with setting your goals high, even very high. A photo session with Alizee? Why not?
Heh where was I when she was alone again - if only I knew !! I'm kidding right now But as you sayd things do happen. The thing is to approach the whole ideea as a posibility of some sorts and pursue whatever you feel like you can achieve but do not fall into false expectations that lead to destructive behaviour and eventually - depression. That is the whole ideea - Sorry for my latest message - was using my phone in the car and autocorrect messes things up. As I sayd - when it comes to photography it's like the thing I'm most confident in and I have my ways to actually get to shoot a lot of important people - but I'll leave it to that - and no I'm not a papparazzi neither am I a stalker - so don't get the wrong ideea !

I just have a "je ne sais quoi" when it comes to this particular job - Maybe I got some of that "Alizée" in me and I have no ideea who knows. But jokes aside I would really prefer to see these kinds of ideea from members of the forum aswell...real tangible things that even though seem far - they are not imposible - But they don't all have to relate to her as romantic feelings, marriage or whatever fantasy you may have. She does appreciate fan art and I know she likes the attention of some of the most creative ones so that's a start.

I will visit Ajaccio anyway - sooner than later - and if nothing comes to fruition by then...I will just find my way to meet her and thank her and if the opportunity allows it to attend as a photographer at one of the classes with her having the entire control and copyright over the images I produce - I won't even use them for my portfolio if she doesn't allow it. That's one way to put it... But I do have things in mind to make it work - I just need time and patience. Sometimes in life you just gotta act - don't do foolish things though - but act when you get a tingle that you might get something right done ! And that applyes to everything you do.

I think we shouldn't approach the "victim"mentallity either... "Oh who am I for her to even aknowledge my existence ?" - You are a person as she is - she has fears , emotions and everything else - we are just slightly different. As time has passed I always saw 2 kind of extremes - one is the overconfident type that thinks the world is at his feet whenever he wants ( and fails miserably ) and the other is the "victim"wich won't assume any responsability.

As Jordan Peterson sayd : if you want meaning in your life accept responsability !

I hope my messages do help - And I hope than in a year or so I will come back here with proof that I actually achieved something - might give others drive to pursue stuff. For me - she gives me enough drive to move mountains - but that's a feeling I got after years of both dissapointments and fantasyes that became false expectations wich led to a miserable mindfuck.

So TLDR ( too late ) - We just need a bit of focus. Get yourself a goal - a real one - even if it is related to Alizee and pursue it. Start small.
Old 04-15-2022, 04:59 PM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

AlizéeSuperFanFIN is on a distinguished road
Cool

Quote:
Yeh...this happens when You are out of the "thing"...well I am stil inspired so it doesnt matter. As for Photography...I have my ways tobget to that. I'm not a very confident person but when it comes to Photography I am pretty sure I am high up there. !
Hope your wish from the photo shooting session comes true!

And it's just nice to discuss this Alizée madness with like-minded people, because not even all fans can comprehend it.

Alizée 💜