Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Media Section

Old 09-09-2024, 09:17 AM

Marshal Davout is on a distinguished road
Default Alizee the Extraodinary Woman

Alizee is at a show where she performs with the Children who have Leukemia Charity and Donates her Diamond records for Moi Lolita to be auctioned off for the charity !

When I first saw this I didn't realize what was going on because my auto-transalte didn't work !

But I wonder who got the Diamond records that time. Perhaps if I hit the Lottery here; I would offer to buy them back from them and then give them to Alizee again !

Old 09-09-2024, 08:37 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

This was one ol the shows done "Pour Laurette", for Laurette thatt is. Laurette Fugain was a 22 year old young lady who died of Leukemia at the age of 22 in 2002 I beleive. The woman on stage is Stephanie Fugain, the mother of Laurette. She is a French actress and is now the president of the Laurette association that raises money for research and other things related to Leukemia. Michel Fugain is Laurette's father. He is the singer who appeared with Alizee on SAGA (Stars au grand air). Him and Stephanie were married for about 30 years, but divorced a couple of years after Laurette's passing. Marie is Laurette's older sister.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 09-09-2024 at 08:39 PM..
Old 09-09-2024, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
This was one ol the shows done "Pour Laurette", for Laurette thatt is. Laurette Fugain was a 22 year old young lady who died of Leukemia at the age of 22 in 2002 I beleive. The woman on stage is Stephanie Fugain, the mother of Laurette. She is a French actress and is now the president of the Laurette association that raises money for research and other things related to Leukemia. Michel Fugain is Laurette's father. He is the singer who appeared with Alizee on SAGA (Stars au grand air). Him and Stephanie were married for about 30 years, but divorced a couple of years after Laurette's passing. Marie is Laurette's older sister.

My one sister actually died of it. It was supposed to be in remission; but it eventually got her. Strangely enough as a kid she got a kind of Paralysis only on her left side; so her left arm and leg or lung didn't work. This was back during the polio outbreaks , but I don't think that was what she had. Since one of her lungs worked she didn't have to have an iron lung ! One time our mother had to go to the store and while she was gone; my sister had to go to the bathroom; but I knew I couldn't carry her; as I was a year younger. But I lowered her onto a throw rug and then I was able to pull her into the bathroom and then I could get her onto the seat with her one good leg helping ! She had some problems later, as she could lose her breath just sitting on the couch, weirdly ? I was kind of the healthy one, as I usually didn't get anything. Although we both got all of the kid diseases as we went along ( Like mumps ).

I didn't realize that was the same guy ! You know a lot of the history of all the singers and everyone, Scruffy, as your knowledge is seemingly Encyclopedic !

Last edited by Marshal Davout; 09-09-2024 at 08:57 PM..
Old 09-10-2024, 01:48 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshal Davout View Post
My one sister actually died of it. It was supposed to be in remission; but it eventually got her. Strangely enough as a kid she got a kind of Paralysis only on her left side; so her left arm and leg or lung didn't work. This was back during the polio outbreaks , but I don't think that was what she had. Since one of her lungs worked she didn't have to have an iron lung ! One time our mother had to go to the store and while she was gone; my sister had to go to the bathroom; but I knew I couldn't carry her; as I was a year younger. But I lowered her onto a throw rug and then I was able to pull her into the bathroom and then I could get her onto the seat with her one good leg helping ! She had some problems later, as she could lose her breath just sitting on the couch, weirdly ? I was kind of the healthy one, as I usually didn't get anything. Although we both got all of the kid diseases as we went along ( Like mumps ).

I didn't realize that was the same guy ! You know a lot of the history of all the singers and everyone, Scruffy, as your knowledge is seemingly Encyclopedic !
That's incredibly sad to hear about what your sister went through. I'm not much of a Taylor Swift fan, but I guess because of her recent tour, a lot of her videos have been showing up in my Youtube searches. I didn't really watch any of the performances, but what I clicked on were her visits to hospitals. I admire her for that. I've seen in the past where Johnny Depp has visited hospitals and its kind of funny to watch him in these. He did such a great job of acting the pirate, but in these visits to the hospital, he looked sort of uncomfortable to be there, didn't know how to act, yet he did if for the kids. So your story is the type of story that reaches me if you know what I mean.

Not long ago, I new a lady who was in her 30s. She came down with breast cancer. It was in a difficult place to operate on and it came back on her 3 times after it was supposedly removed. The saddest thing was she found out after she was diagnosed that her family had a history of breast cancer and if she had known beforehand, they might have caught it sooner.
Old 09-10-2024, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
That's incredibly sad to hear about what your sister went through. I'm not much of a Taylor Swift fan, but I guess because of her recent tour, a lot of her videos have been showing up in my Youtube searches. I didn't really watch any of the performances, but what I clicked on were her visits to hospitals. I admire her for that. I've seen in the past where Johnny Depp has visited hospitals and its kind of funny to watch him in these. He did such a great job of acting the pirate, but in these visits to the hospital, he looked sort of uncomfortable to be there, didn't know how to act, yet he did if for the kids. So your story is the type of story that reaches me if you know what I mean.

Not long ago, I new a lady who was in her 30s. She came down with breast cancer. It was in a difficult place to operate on and it came back on her 3 times after it was supposedly removed. The saddest thing was she found out after she was diagnosed that her family had a history of breast cancer and if she had known beforehand, they might have caught it sooner.
Thank You, Scruffy !
The Leukemia is bad because as you have it it saps your strength and so you can't do a lot of things. So one time she missed Christmas where we exchanged presents; so since she lived near Baltimore, I drove her presents down to her; so she could open hers there. She used to have one of those Bulldogs that have wrinkled skin ( I forget the type ) but some kid opened her yard gate and the dog ran away. So she left her house door open even though it was winter; so if the dog came back he could get in ! So then the Postman checked on her, because it was unusual for someone to leave their door wide open. Eventually the dog made his way back. She liked to go to Disneyland in Florida and then on holiday she would call my younger sister and tell her she was having lunch in Dizzy's Ha ! She was a telephone operator for ma bell for a while and then she became a Director of Medical Records for a Hospital. A doctor called for somebody's medical records; so I once had to drive her downtown; so she could retrieve the records; so I just sat in the car and waited for her, as she didn't want to be down there alone. So then she got them and faxed them to the doctor and then I drove her back.

Taylor Swift makes so much money on her tour that a lot of places she has fully funded their food banks wherever she was; so she is a nice person ! I listened to "Shake It Off" her tune once; but then I had to shake it off Ha !
Johnny Depp is a nice guy; except that I think he drinks too much. He wanted to marry Wynonna Rider and so he reportedly had a "Wynonna Forever" Tattoo. But then it didn't work out so then he change it to "Wino Forever" Ha !
Speaking of which both Taylor and Wynonna are in danger of a Proposal of Marriage from me ! Ha ! But I think I will have to win the Lottery first or something ! Ha !

Last edited by Marshal Davout; 09-10-2024 at 05:36 PM..