Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-13-2007, 11:32 PM
Platinum Member

rwd716 is on a distinguished road

Don't we all?
Old 03-13-2007, 11:51 PM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

I hope Alizee comes out with a new album soon. But the fact remains that celebrities come and go. Some leave with grace and some stay long past their prime.

You do make an excellent point Deepwater. Dead stars will forever be the same age. The likes of Marilyn Monroe, James Dean and Bruce Lee stayed famous for years after their deaths. Brilliant stars that were taken away suddenly will always be remembered and sadly missed. We cling to their memory and pour over everything we can find about them.

In some ways Alizee is the same. You, like many others, are hearing her for the first time and saying, ‘Wow! She is the most talented singer I have ever seen or heard.’ And then you find out that the song you can’t get out of your head was recorded four years ago. Suddenly you feel like you must find out more about her. Did she ever do anything else? Are there other recordings of her? What was she like? Where is she from? Is she planning on another album? Are there others like me that feel the same way I do?

The more we find out about her the more we want her to come back. She represents everything we desire in a pop star. She is talented, beautiful, charming, witty and humble. You look at her and say, ‘She is the very model of what a true star should be.’
Old 03-13-2007, 11:55 PM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
You, like many others, are hearing her for the first time and saying, ‘Wow! She is the most talented singer I have ever seen or heard.’ And then you find out that the song you can’t get out of your head was recorded four years ago. Suddenly you feel like you must find out more about her. Did she ever do anything else? Are there other recordings of her? What was she like? Where is she from? Is she planning on another album? Are there others like me that feel the same way I do?

The more we find out about her the more we want her to come back. She represents everything we desire in a pop star. She is talented, beautiful, charming, witty and humble. You look at her and say, ‘She is the very model of what a true star should be.’
I should put that in the welcome email when people sign up
Old 03-14-2007, 03:31 AM
Breathe in. Breathe out.

SupaKrupa is on a distinguished road

Bloody well said, Rocket.

About her frenchness? It did for me. If she were American, she wouldn't have made the impression she did based on experience, ie. other american stars. The booty shaking never ends. Neither does the sweat and sex noises.

Her being of a different culture/nationality definitely helped. I knew I was in for something new and exciting! And it was something I've learnt to like (love, whatever you want to call it )!

Tu es l'envie du monde
Old 03-14-2007, 04:11 AM
I'm a listener ... reader

BlancZulu is on a distinguished road

Firstly, Welcome to Deepwater and Hubba44. You two have made some nice points!

For me it was def. the fact that she waas french. Sure she is amazingly beautiful and talented, but that misteriousness hanging about her the first time i ever sow her was what hooked me! And alas the spell is still unbreakable!
Old 03-14-2007, 04:38 AM

painbringer is on a distinguished road

its the way she moves, combined with her looks. plus some of the songs (moi lotita) are good too.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:14 AM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

Quote:
The Frenchness? The Corsicanness? LOL Could it also be the fact that she is a SMOKIN' HOTTIE??? Hey, somebody had to say it. :P
I never said that wasn't a major factor either; it is It's just that everything that makes Alizée attractive, lovable, and praiseworthy is a package that includes all of these diverse elements, nit just one or two in isolation.

Quote:
In some ways Alizee is the same. You, like many others, are hearing her for the first time and saying, ‘Wow! She is the most talented singer I have ever seen or heard.’ And then you find out that the song you can’t get out of your head was recorded four years ago. Suddenly you feel like you must find out more about her. Did she ever do anything else? Are there other recordings of her? What was she like? Where is she from? Is she planning on another album? Are there others like me that feel the same way I do?

Well put

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad View Post
I should put that in the welcome email when people sign up
Why not, that might be pretty cool

Last edited by CFHollister; 03-14-2007 at 06:19 AM..
Old 03-14-2007, 07:05 AM

C-4 is on a distinguished road

Rocket:"She represents everything we desire in a pop star. She is talented, beautiful, charming, witty and humble. You look at her and say, ‘She is the very model of what a true star should be." Very well stated, Rocket!

I have thought about it and to me, the American pop culture sucks. It's way over-produced and trashy. The players are not what I call "stars", or desirable looking any more. I believe America lost that back in the 1970's.

The attraction for me was the look, the music, her voice, her stage performance, and then I started to realize that everything about Alizée had me totally hooked. It was not just a few points about her, but the entire person and all that she is and stands for. This is a real person, not some put up hype job produced with a fake history like the American agents and music companies sometimes invent for their people.

The French thing was totally new to me as well as I had never been introduced to another music culture outside of America and Britain.

After Alizée, everything else is downhill fast. She is so different from anyone else I have been aware of. I get the same excitement as I did during Beatle-mania because the Beatles were also real, foreign, different and original with great music when they were first introduced. The difference here is that there were four of them and Alizée does it all single handedly.

After just seeing her, I find the so-called "hotties" to be more slutty looking most of the time. What Alizée has, imo, is the ultimate expression of pure beauty without having to dress it up to make it appealing. It is there in mega-massive doses already. She is, in my humble opinion, the most beautiful woman that I have ever seen, anywhere.

Last edited by C-4; 03-14-2007 at 09:54 AM..
Old 03-14-2007, 08:00 AM
Breathe in. Breathe out.

SupaKrupa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-4 View Post
She is, in my humble opinion the most beautiful woman that I have ever seen, anywhere.
QFT mate, QFT...

Her beauty isn't only skin deep. Every desirable facet of a person (in my opinion) can be found in her. True beauty. Simply put, perfection.

Gosh... I never thought, in my wildest dreams, I'd be saying that about someone. I'm so in love! LOL! This can't be limerence; Limerence has several components; many are of the form "unrequited limerence". Seeing as I'm not phased by whether it's returned or not, I want to know what it is.

Tu es l'envie du monde
Old 03-14-2007, 09:24 AM

rcs is on a distinguished road
Wink Somebody Hire Alizee As The Next James Bond Girl

As for us americans, we are use to having everything. But, not Alizee.

Many people have tried to describe her greatness. In addition, many have trouble decribing how they feel about her.

As long as we have trouble defining her, she's here to stay (in our minds at least).

She could have been any foreign singer, it just wouldn't have worked for long if she were american.

All guys wish they were a bit like James Bond. James Bond always has a sultry-eyed woman by his side. Maybe, Alizee is the perfect JBG!

I've come to the conclusion that Alizee is the perfect JBG, and I wish I was James Bond.