Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-19-2007, 01:04 PM
Alizee fan

mr.architect is on a distinguished road

hay.. first song i heard was Moi-Lolita to but i heard it in 2002
and it was the Alizee in Amsterdam Moi Lolita...

Old 03-19-2007, 02:01 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Well, I didn't even know she existed until last year, so . . .

Anyway, I guess whether anyone on this site is "in love" with Alizée depends on what you mean by that. She has a huge effect on people, and since she's such a very sexy woman, it's natural that anyone attracted to women is going to have some of that effect manifest itself erotically. Mix that in with the strong emotional connection that seems to happen, and it can feel very much like being in love.

But as far as actually wanting to be her lover, has anyone considered what that would involve? (Not even figuring her marriage into it.) Have you ever been in a long-distance romance? It's very frustrating and very expensive, and mine was just between here and Chicago. All the way to Paris?!! Urk! Plus, she's a celebrity! Do you really want media ghouls prying into your personal life all the time?

Well, maybe for Alizée it would be worth it. But there would be a downside.

Am I in love with her? I wouldn't put it like that, I think. Just before registering on this site, I found myself so moved by her that I wrote a poem. Because of something that happened to me four years ago, it was the first poem I'd been able to write in four years, and it opened a floodgate. I have a novel half-finished on my hard drive, untouched for those four years, and now I'm working on it again. I have character sketches started for other stories, and nonfiction pieces I've begun outlining. It's as if I've come back from the dead.

So I'd say that what I am is incredibly grateful, not for anything she did for me specifically but just for who she is, that somehow let this miracle happen. In love? No, not quite. But it's just as strong.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:42 PM

MiamMiam is on a distinguished road

No offense but some of you take these questions way too seriously lol.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:44 PM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

Am I "in love" with Alizée?... Certainly not. That kind of feeling/bond can only form through having a real relationship with someone; not someone you haven't met, don't really know, and whom certainly doesn't know you.

However, that being said, I truly feel that there is something of the superlative in my feelings for Alizée. That is to say, my feelings toward her seem to be the maximum that is reasonable for someone whom I've never met. What exactly "reasonable" means can be interpreted differently by different people, and I don't really intend to go into that. But I can say this: Alizée has done so much more for me, brought me so much more contentment and happiness than can be reasonably expected of anyone I've never met and whom has never met me. And because of that, my affection for her is very great indeed. I don't know exactly what you call that, "love," or what? But it is real.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:35 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamMiam View Post
No offense but some of you take these questions way too seriously lol.
Sometimes questions can be more serious than the person asking them realized, MM. This thread touches on that same old question: HOW does she do this to our hearts?

I mean, it's been longer since I was a moonstruck teenager than I care to admit. I'm way too old, cynical, and crusty to be struck wide-eyed and starcrossed by, of all things, a freakin' pop star. I just don't do things like that.

Or so I thought. But Alizée is in a class by herself, and none of the usual rules seem to apply. So -- although I'm quite sure that I'm not actually in love with her the way I was in love with the woman who pulverized my heart four years ago, she moves me enough that the question isn't immediately stupid. And that in itself is pretty amazing.

She's a phenomenon. Not just a trade wind, but a hurricane.