Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-21-2007, 08:04 PM
---

theit77 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
OK, now I had an interesting experience along those lines. I also first encountered Alizée for the "wrong" reason, but the curious thing is it didn't quite "take." OK, first off being told, you know, check this out, really hot babe doing sexy dance, it's like, meh, easy to find that kind of thing, so I didn't bother for quite a while. Well, so I was really bored one day, and -- first video I saw was one of the "J'en Ai Marre" routines. And I'm like, wait -- this is supposed to be turning me on in a cheap and sleazy way -- she really is a hot babe -- and that's a very sexy dance all right -- what's happening here?

What was happening is I kept looking into her eyes in the vid. And I was thinking, hey, she seems all right. I think this is someone I could respect. Also, you know, that music is pretty good, and damn! What a voice she has! It's deeper than usual, I like that. (Didn't discover the range until later.) And what's that with the waving hands behind the ass, wait, that's a fish there on her right cheek, I get it, that's a fish-tail she's making, wow, wonder what that means, wish I could understand the lyrics. (I actually did know the words "poisson rouge" but didn't hear them properly or recognize them.)

I think your mind has to be totally in the gutter to see an Alizée vid and think of nothing but sex. The sexuality is certainly there, don't get me wrong, but there's so much more going on that a man has to have only one functioning head not to see it.

For these reasons, the J'en Ai Marre routine is my least favorite. No, I'm not gay or anything, I just think that Alizée is above relying that much on sex appeal for her songs. That dance routine song pushes the limit of beautiful and tastefully, modestly sexy.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:08 PM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krey317 View Post
dead on, C-4. you nailed it provocative, yes. sexy, yes. vulgar, no.
I've quoted Alizée with this quote before, and I'll do it again.
In Alizée's words (from wikiquote):

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity."

This is truly a girl after my own heart.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:45 PM
Allez L'OM!

aditya8617 is on a distinguished road

How are the students suppose to write an exam if they are listening to Alizee. Every time I am listening to her I am idle or trying to sleep. Can't waor while listening to her.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:05 PM

LiliFan788 is on a distinguished road

madraven, It's great that your friend played Alizee in their classroom! CFHollister, I agree with most of, if not all of Alizee's wikiquotes. I'm glad that a pop star like her exists and that I know about her and have a chance to listen to her music.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:10 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by theit77 View Post
For these reasons, the J'en Ai Marre routine is my least favorite. No, I'm not gay or anything, I just think that Alizée is above relying that much on sex appeal for her songs. That dance routine song pushes the limit of beautiful and tastefully, modestly sexy.
It does, but I still think it falls within those limits. And it works well with the song, most of which is about luxuriating in a bath and sharing some quality time with a fish, with undertones of placing oneself in a fishbowl-like sanctuary. So a lot of the movements are very fin-like, and at the same time the whole thing is very sensuous and flowing. The message I get from that dance is not, "Come take me now," it's more like, "I love my body and the way I feel when pampering it."

It is a little distracting from the music itself, but no more so to me than the dance she does to JPVA, and that dance is much less sensuous and has fewer erotic overtones. And in both cases, that may be simply because I'm not used to performers doing interpretive dance to songs with lyrics.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:38 PM

madraven is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya8617 View Post
How are the students suppose to write an exam if they are listening to Alizee. Every time I am listening to her I am idle or trying to sleep. Can't waor while listening to her.
I play her music while I'm working quite frequently and it's not distracting at all. It's just nice to hear in the background, which is my main reason for liking it in the first place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiliFan788 View Post
madraven, It's great that your friend played Alizee in their classroom!
actually, it was my mom
Old 03-22-2007, 12:03 AM

NANAKI is on a distinguished road

I listen to it at school before I have to go to my classes everyday then after that go to my usual stuff either Disturbed, Three Days Grace, Mudvayne, Green Day, or Avenged Sevenfold. I have had a few of my friends listen to her stuff one said she was hot and that her music was alright but it would have been better in English, the other just shrugged her off. She's on my list of favorite artists on Facebook. Oh I forgot there was a third friend he is somewhat interested. I also created a facebook group for Alizée. I fell inlove with the music even though it was from a video I wasn't paying any attention to the video I was just clicking random ones on youtube while I searched the internet. So for me the looks come second to her music, but I am not gonna lie and say she isn't drop dead gorgeous. Well that is my story. I keep pushing to watch Amelie in french class but that one scene in there isn't appropriate. I am trying to spread her around slowly.

Old 03-22-2007, 01:19 AM
Breathe in. Breathe out.

SupaKrupa is on a distinguished road

I'm at uni as I type this and I've spent the last 4 hours in the library; the whole time listening to Alizée

theit77 - I see where you're coming from with not liking JEAM's dance, but it IS the dance that's made a lot people an Alizée fan, despite it beginning with "Hey. That's hot.", myself being one of those. But if not for that dance, a lot of the loyal fans who see her more than just a hottie doing an awesome, awesome dance nowadays, wouldn't be that; A loyal fan who sees her for more than a pretty face and an awesome dancer. _IF_ and only if you condemn those who discovered Alizée through Youtube and whose first thoughts were that of "Hey, she's hot", continue reading, if not, move on , then you're really kidding yourself because it's HER you see first and what else will run through your mind? "Wow, that stage lighting is pretty good"? She IS hot btw... right? The music comes later for those who love her voice. I can bet my life on it that A LOT of this forum's fans did not take a blind eye to the fact she's good looking and jumped straight to her music. I'll be one of the many who have said that JEAM got me hooked, but be one of the very few, if not the only one, to justify that it's not something you should feel bad about simply because there are others out there who discovered her or fell in love with her through other means. After all, her being sexy and hot is part of why she's the most beautiful woman in the world (even though sexy and beautiful mightn't even be a factor in beauty to some people - but let's face it, it is to an extremely big majority of cases). But we've all discussed this before.

(And forgive me if I sound a bit hostile. I've just done 4 hours of work straight and I feel a bit edgy - I needed to write something big that doesn't have anything to do with justifying the case of 'big history' through means of thermodynamics or an organism's complexity or concepts of adapting to one's environment... )

Deepwaters - I'm right there with ya, mate - My first thoughts weren't that of "Damn, I so want her", it was more or less one of "Hey, she's good looking and this looks quite interesting" (as it was a new thing for me, a french chick singing french.) And it definitely stays put behind the boundary... Check out some of the mainstream stuff that the US produces. You've got one dude sitting in a room with 30 other half-naked women "dancing" or mud wrestling... or something. Whatever that stuff is called nowadays

Tu es l'envie du monde

Last edited by SupaKrupa; 03-22-2007 at 01:23 AM..
Old 03-22-2007, 02:13 AM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

Wow, people have certainly had a lot to say in this thread, somehow I thought it was my job to write the Alizée disertations (j/k) Unfortunately the past couple weeks of my job have kept me either busy or tired enough that I've barely been able to keep up skimming these posts, let alone replying in kind.

But I have to come down and agree with SupaKrupa on this one... to deny Alizée's physical attributes or their role in why so many of us are fans is almost as much as a disservice to Alizée as focusing solely on her physical attributes. Alizée has so many facets of talent and beauty that focussing on any one or few at the expense any others doesn't make much sense to me... and to that end, admiring and appreciating Alizée's incredible sexiness (while also admiring her music and all of her other qualities as a person) is simply being honest.

I also agree with Supa that this has been discussed before; but hey, what is a site like this for if we can't dote upon the object of our affections?
Old 03-22-2007, 11:56 PM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Glad!

I found out about Alizée from a pt. here in my hospital (on her MP3 player) - so i'm kinda GLAD I didn't see her videos first - my story is here:

http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showthread.php?t=1428

I've often had people say to me "you only like her 'cause she's hot and your a perv!" - but as i've said before, her LOOKS don't keep you listening to the music. . . . ESPECIALLY when you don't understand it!

Ed