Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 04-12-2007, 10:54 AM

RadioactiveMan is on a distinguished road

Furthermore, bears have the capacity to be pirates, but who has ever heard of a pirate gorilla?

Old 04-12-2007, 11:04 AM
Free gun with every suit!

AlphaQuattro is on a distinguished road

But then, I suppose it depends on which gorilla the bear has to deal with

Old 04-12-2007, 11:11 AM

THIS one however, could take out as many bears as he wants to :

Old 04-12-2007, 11:44 AM
I'm awesome, u know it

Spartan500 is on a distinguished road

i did not read the whole thread but right from the start i think of that old discovery channel or animal planet show where they see which animal would win o and gorilla would win
Old 04-12-2007, 01:37 PM

Matrix is on a distinguished road

A gorilla is much more intelligent than a grizzly bear. A gorilla would grab the nearest weapon, like a tree trunk or huge boulder and pick it up and whack the grizz.

Grizzly- huge claws, fangs, thick skin, tough bones, small brain

Gorilla- sharp nails, fangs, thick skin, tough bones-as dense as a bear if not more, stronger- amazing strength- much stronger than a grizz by a wide margin, and intelligence

Grizzly can't grab a weapon and use it, a Gorilla can

Winner- Gorilla
Old 04-12-2007, 03:15 PM

Twitch is on a distinguished road

I've seen videos of charging Grizzlies snap trees with 3 to 4 inch diameters, I don't think any tree the Gorilla could handle would do it much good. And bears aren't stupid, this page(http://www.all-creatures.org) has this to say:
Quote:
The thing about bears that perhaps fascinates people the most is their remarkable intelligence. They are the most intelligent native nonhuman animals in North America, and many modern bear biologists accredit them with the equivalent IQ of the great apes, some even dare give them the equivalent intelligence of a 3-year-old human.
So about equal intelligence, greater strength and weight, and equipped with claws and teeth designed for ripping flesh, I still gotta stay with the Grizzly. And as for weapons this Caribou's (aka Reindeer) antlers were of no use to it when confronted with a female Grizzly with cubs, so I don't think any tree trunk wielding Gorilla would slow a Grizzly down much. And besides the Grizzly is a weapon, it doesn't need any help.
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kdTdp7Ep6AM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kdTdp7Ep6AM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
And no the Caribou didn't survive (it is not that graphic just the cubs eating then playing a bit before the river carries the Caribou away):

I also think that Grizzlies have higher tolerances for pain than Gorillas, and would stick it out longer for the win. Here is a fight only to prove superiority, not to kill or leave each bear wounded enough so that they die from their wounds. The cameraman is dead, along with his girlfriend, later killed a by Grizzlies that they were filming.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:02 PM

Old 04-14-2007, 02:36 AM

WyomingGrizFan is on a distinguished road

I've have to definitely agree with 'Twitch.' Them grizzlies can get down right mean if they ever want to. I came across one when hiking one day in Glacier NP in Montana, near Craker Lake by Many Glacier. Luckily it wasn't very hungry at the time even though it was digging up ground squirrels, roots, etc. I probably would have walked right into him except my hiking partner noticed it up ahead and alerted me. With no trees around to climb up we just silently turned around and walked away on to one side of the lake while the griz kind of stalked us but going around to the other shore, so to speak. Maybe it was the dense foilage we stepped into and through that may have deterred it. Thankfully.

A couple weeks later near Swiftcurrent it attacked a couple hiking putting a gash requiring stitches in the nape of the neck on one and breaking both wrists of the male hiker that tried to fight the griz off his female companion that had dropped to the ground, evidently into a fetal position; should cover the neck with both hands cupped I would say. The rangers ran out of tranquilizer bullets and had to end up shooting it to death; unfortunately but a couple years old male but a large one nontheless.

I'am probably pretty partial to the griz anyways since I've spent most of my time working in areas where they are rather prevalent. Forty-six counted on Huckleberry Mountain for instance one day. Heard tell that a griz could just swat a black bear away with one swipe and that's it; no contest. I'd probably say the same for a gorilla. That griz has no fat, I would say; but pure muscle and bone.
Old 04-14-2007, 05:45 AM

painbringer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
I've seen videos of charging Grizzlies snap trees with 3 to 4 inch diameters, I don't think any tree the Gorilla could handle would do it much good. And bears aren't stupid, this page(http://www.all-creatures.org) has this to say:
So about equal intelligence, greater strength and weight, and equipped with claws and teeth designed for ripping flesh, I still gotta stay with the Grizzly. And as for weapons this Caribou's (aka Reindeer) antlers were of no use to it when confronted with a female Grizzly with cubs, so I don't think any tree trunk wielding Gorilla would slow a Grizzly down much. And besides the Grizzly is a weapon, it doesn't need any help.
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kdTdp7Ep6AM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kdTdp7Ep6AM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
And no the Caribou didn't survive (it is not that graphic just the cubs eating then playing a bit before the river carries the Caribou away):

I also think that Grizzlies have higher tolerances for pain than Gorillas, and would stick it out longer for the win. Here is a fight only to prove superiority, not to kill or leave each bear wounded enough so that they die from their wounds. The cameraman is dead, along with his girlfriend, later killed a by Grizzlies that they were filming.
man that caribou... bad move bad move . he should of jabbed with the hoof first then turn and land a big kick to the bear's head. i mean come on.
Old 04-14-2007, 10:27 PM

Twitch is on a distinguished road

Well it could have gone either way, when the caribou's antlers aren't in velvet (growing and covered in fur) it is possible for them to impale a bear with them, but the best thing for the caribou to have done would have been to have kept running as the bear would not have abandoned the cubs to keep chase, but then it could have been protecting a doe or calf of it's own.