Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-25-2007, 10:46 AM

RadioactiveMan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoteny View Post
oh yeah...gotta watch the jeam dance. its been 3 months since i watched it. shame on me. thats tasty too.
Tasty... Just like Nurvonic, eh?
Old 05-25-2007, 10:51 AM
silver bullet

neoteny is on a distinguished road

what? keep your disgusting feteshisheses to yourself my goodman. for i do not take the path of ...gay. shuddap. but uh...yeah. stay cool...
Old 05-25-2007, 01:47 PM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edcognito View Post
She thinks i just like her because Alizée is "HAWT".....
What is it with teens and young adults these days! A middle-aged man takes an interest in the musical talent of a young beautiful woman and BAM!, "He just likes her because she's hot".

I can't decide if this is a stereotypical attribute of middle-aged men, or if it is the stereotypical attribute of teens and young adults, and their own failings when it comes to seeing value beyond looks. Seriously, the teens and young adults who know I listen to Alizée just can't move beyond looks when trying to understand my tastes.

Like you said, there ain't no looks coming out of the car stereo speakers. Beautiful voice? Yes. Beautiful Rhythm? Yes. Beautiful Rhyme? Yes. Beautiful Looks? No (not from a frikin speaker).

That said: Yes, Alizée is HAWT! But that is just the iciing on an otherwise total scrumptious cake.

Edit: Of course, cake is often best with iciing too; now where did I put that En Concert DVD?

Last edited by OGRE; 05-26-2007 at 09:34 PM..
Old 05-25-2007, 03:59 PM
no use for a title

nurvonic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioactiveMan View Post
If your daughter is taken... Do you have any sons?
hahaha thanks for that laugh. but the really funny thing is, it wasnt a joke.

Quote:
Tasty... Just like Nurvonic, eh?
dude...no...that was just wrong. you're pretty close to getting yourself a temporary ban, buddy.
Old 05-25-2007, 05:48 PM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road
Default You got me . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGRE View Post
What is it with teens and young adults these days! A middle-aged man takes an interest in the musical talent of a young beautiful woman and BAM!, "He just likes her because she's hot".

I can't decide if this is a stereotypical attribute of middle-aged men, or if it is the stereotypical attribute of teens and young adults, and their own failings when it comes to seeing value beyond looks. Seriously, the teens and young adults who know I listen to Alizée just can't move beyond looks when trying to understand my tastes.

Like you said, there ain't no looks coming out of the car stereo speakers. Beautiful voice? Yes. Beautiful Rhythm? Yes. Beautiful Rhyme? Yes. Beautiful Looks? No (not from a frikin speaker).

That said: Yes, Alizée is HAWT! But that is just the iciing on an otherwise total scrumptious cake.
I admit right up front to my step-daughter and my wife - yes, Alizée is good looking - but that has nothing to do with me listening to it when i work, or when i'm traveling - especially when my taste in music goes more towards ZZTop, Metallica, Def Leppard, Nickelback and Hinder. (Or Sammy Hagar, Billy Squire, Ratt, Warrant or Poison . . .)

Is it "Transference" - the process of projecting onto others your own motivations or weaknesses? I don't know - but it seems to me that SOME (and i capitalize that to emphasize that i'm saying some) teens and young adults seem even more appearence centered than i was in my youth... I don't know - is society becoming ever more shallow, ever more venal? Probably until the next great crisis that makes us all grow up...

In any event - I like Blizzard, and I am very happy to see Alizée in the new Starcraft announcement! I may even have to play it to see if i can find her!

Ed
Old 05-25-2007, 05:50 PM

Thumbs down Yep

Quote:
If your daughter is taken... Do you have any sons?
He is 16 yrs. old, and would be so grossed out by the merest hint of a suggestion like this that he might Projectile Vomit! Besides, he doesn't even like Alizée! Disturbed is more his line....

Ed
Old 05-25-2007, 05:55 PM
Hashshashin

jaco is on a distinguished road

Dang, this thread has really gotten off topic... apologies for being slightly on-topic. This video shows Alizée with the "World of Warcraft" dance:

Alizée is @ 2:28, once again time counts down:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/066_q4DIeqk"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/066_q4DIeqk&autoplay=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Last edited by jaco; 05-25-2007 at 06:01 PM..
Old 05-25-2007, 06:17 PM

Default Omg

That was such a GREAT video - I really wish i knew how to find stuff as well as everyone else seems to be able to . . . Of course, that time i spent looking things up on the inter-web might conflict with my work. . . .

Ed
Old 05-25-2007, 06:37 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Almost makes me want to reactivate my WoW account. My Blood Elf hunter was level 61 when I stopped playing.

No time to do it justice, though.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 05-25-2007, 06:40 PM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaco View Post
Dang, this thread has really gotten off topic... apologies for being slightly on-topic. This video shows Alizée with the "World of Warcraft" dance:
Alizée is @ 2:28, once again time counts down:
Just goes to show that's there's no substitute for the real thing, baby.