garçoncanadien is on a distinguished road

hey i remember somebody declaring on est vieux à vingt ans
Old 07-10-2007, 06:34 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by garçoncanadien View Post
hey i remember somebody declaring on est vieux à vingt ans
Yes; well, I'm considerably older than she is, and I'm not old yet.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 07-10-2007, 07:21 PM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylas1896 View Post
I do not wish to sound negative, but it seems with these sorts of things there is a ghost writer that writes the responses or at least heavily edits them. I'm not sure how things actually work, but the responses tend to have the same 'voice' regardless of the celebrity involved.

For example, the celebrity playlists on iTunes have quotes from the celebrities explaining why they like each song in their list. I am not completely convinced the celebrities write their own entries. I'm not even convinced the celebrities choose all the songs. I can hear it now. "No, Micheal Caine, not -that- song. You can't have that song on your list. How about -this- song." It makes me wonder...

Hylas1896
Well, sure, that's reasonable. These sorts of things have to cater to the audience. It's all part of the media construct, right? What about the whole "feet" thing here? You can imagine the dialogue:
Magazine: "what part of your body would you change?"
A: "Um...I like myself just fine..."
M: "No no, you have to tell the girls that you would change some part of your body. Otherwise you'll sound stuck up. Now come on, what do you like least?"
A: "Um...I dunno. I can't really think of anything."
M: "What about your feet?"
A: "Why my feet?"
M: "You have to tell them something. At least you never show them so they can't really tell if there's anything wrong with them."
A: "Um...OK. But I don't have any reason to change them."
M: "Fine. We'll just say you don't like them for no reason."
A: "All right..."
Old 07-10-2007, 11:42 PM

Hylas1896 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquared View Post
It's all part of the media construct, right?
'Wow, it says here that Alizée doesn't like her feet. How can I like my feet if Alizée doesn't like her feet?'

Sigh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquared View Post
"No no, you have to tell the girls that you would change some part of your body.
In this month's issue, THE SECRET: 'To get the guys, change nothing!'

Haha, what we need is a computer program to generate new Cosmopolitan Covers. Or whole issues for that matter. We could make bank! Completely automated magazine generation... now that would be cool.

Hylas
Old 07-11-2007, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylas1896 View Post
'Wow, it says here that Alizée doesn't like her feet. How can I like my feet if Alizée doesn't like her feet?'

Sigh.

In this month's issue, THE SECRET: 'To get the guys, change nothing!'

Haha, what we need is a computer program to generate new Cosmopolitan Covers. Or whole issues for that matter. We could make bank! Completely automated magazine generation... now that would be cool.

Hylas
WAY OFF TOPIC:

Here's a step in that direction: automated computer science research paper generation.

http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/scigen/
Old 07-11-2007, 01:07 AM
Fidèle Toujours

Cooney is on a distinguished road

Here ya go everybody: translation.

“My Beauty Secrets”

With a delicate skin tanned by the sun, a figure to dream of, sculpted by years of dance, and a sweet little Lolita face that looks good enough to eat, Alizée is a role-model for millions of teens, and the ideal of feminine beauty for guys. With such an ambassador, one understands well why Corsica is nicknamed “The Isle of Beauty!”

By Nicolas Touderte

What do you say to yourself in the morning when you look at yourself in the mirror?

I say to myself “Oh la la, my god!” When I wake up, I’ll have swollen eyes if I didn’t sleep well.

What the first cosmetic step you take in the morning?

I splash fresh water on my face. That wakes me up, and it gets rid of the little marks the pillow leaves on me. I do my hair too, because I always wake up with my hair all tousled.

What’s your secret for watching your figure?

I don’t have any secret for watching my figure. I don’t watch what I eat. I don’t deny myself anything and I always eat reasonable quantities. That’s way better than dieting!

Are you on a diet?

No, I’m not on a diet. On the other hand, I’ve reduced my consumption of red meat. I’ve semi-eliminated beef from my diet – I don’t like it. I eat poultry, essentially chicken, and lots of fish, I’m crazy about that. I’ve also come to eat a lot of cooked meats.

What’s your favorite part of your body?

My nose! People ask me all the time if I’ve undergone a cosmetic surgery procedure. I haven’t gone under the knife, it’s my real nose! I’m lucky to have a discrete little nose, which I like very much. I suits me quite well!

What would you like to change about your body?

My feet. I don’t know why, but I don’t like them.

Do you do sports regularly?

Yes, I’ve done dance since I was tiny. I’ve also been practicing Thai Boxing since a few months ago. It makes me work on my breathing. That’s great for preparing me for the stage! I suffer from back problems, I have a really arched back, so I can’t run or jump. To burn lots of calories, I follow that discipline. I’m taking classes with a particular instructor. He’s not allowed to hit me, because I’m afraid of getting injured, so it’s me that’s punching. I don’t want to go on a television set with a black eye! While I’m in Ajaccio, I train nearly every day. What’s more, this combat sport let’s one manage one’s stress well.

What mature woman would you like to look like later in life?

She’s still young, but I’m thinking Monica Bellucci. I find her super-beautiful and feminine. I really like her Vamp look. I find it fascinating, she gives off a lot of sensuality.

Do you fear getting older?

I don’t want to become an adult, I would like to stay a teen my entire life!

What do you have in your make-up case?

There’s a gloss, some mascara, a blusher, an eye-liner, and a mirror. I don’t wear a lot of make-up. When I’m doing a television show, I am of course obliged to. In my normal life though, I prefer to remain natural.

Do you believe in the power of anti-wrinkle creams?

No, not really. I’m still very young, so I don’t worry myself about all that. That is to say, some women have a lot of wrinkles. That doesn’t bother me. On the contrary, it’s natural.

What is your secret sin?

It hasn’t changed, as always, it’s candy! I’m crazy for it.

How often to do go to the hairstylist and the aesthetician?

I go to the hairstylist once a month, because my hair grows back fast. It’s a sign of good health. I only get the tips cut. In summer, I have streaks that are more distinctive, or red highlights. I go to the aesthetician every two months, for hair removal and to take care of my face.

Have you discovered you have allergies to any beauty products?

I had a little scare at the beginning of my career. Red spots appeared on my face. They itched. I thought that I was allergic to the foundation I was using. In fact, my skin didn’t like the scraping from the tough sponges. Since then, we’ve used the softer ones.

Do you paint your nails?

I stopped painting my nails a few months ago. It didn’t make my hands beautiful, but I couldn’t stop. It kept me from nibbling on my fake nails. When I’m studio, I’m really stressed out, but today, I can resist the pressure better.

Amongst all your looks, which do you like the most, and which the least?

I have a preference for the white dress by designer Jean-Charles de Castelbajac, which I wore on television sets for singing the single Gourmandises. I wore a big belt with “Miam Miam” written on it, and big white boots. The one I like least is the satin ensemble that I wore for singing L’Alizé. They looked like pyjamas!

What beauty products can’t you live without?

I couldn’t live without my apple-cinnamon Tahiti Douche gel, I love its smell. Also, my deodorant, my clear gloss, and my hydrating cream with cucumber, by Sisley.

Last edited by Cooney; 07-11-2007 at 01:13 AM..
Old 07-11-2007, 01:22 AM

Thanks, Cooney!

Hmm...I wonder how much Tahiti Douche and Sisley paid for that product insert?
Old 07-11-2007, 01:30 AM
I'm not 20.

Zack -Alizee Lover- is on a distinguished road

Now we have an idea of how alizee's hair smells like, poor of her bad back problems she is still young to have those kind of problems, well is normal anyways.

I would carry her if she ever needed to run or jump!
Merci pour la traduction Cooney!
Old 07-11-2007, 01:36 AM
Le fan irlandais

Killian is on a distinguished road

Thanks Cooney, that was as strange an interview as I have read of her.

Is mo páis agus mo inspioráid í Alizée. Níl aon scamall sa spéir nuair a feicim nó cloisim í.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killian View Post
Thanks Cooney, that was as strange an interview as I have read of her.
This seems like a perfectly normal interview to me (at least, in the sense that it seems perfectly normal for a teenage-girl magazine). What did you find strange about it? Or is it just that it was different from most of the other interviews?