Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 07-26-2007, 05:38 PM
no use for a title

nurvonic is on a distinguished road
Default Some road rage

drivers here suck. i just spent about 2 hours sitting in traffic when, at most, it should only be about a half hour. there was a bad accident on I-95, which is understandable. accidents happen all the time. but then, the accident wasnt the only problem anymore. we had 2 people break down in the middle of it all. cops were trying to get to them, but nobody would get the hell out of the way, or they couldnt because the guy in front of them or on the side of them wouldnt get out of the way. when i got to the them, somebody was actually facing their car the wrong way trying to jump-start the other cars engine. traffic picked up a little, and by a little i mean about 10 mile per hour. then right in front of me, cars were switching lanes to avoid a car with their hazard lights on. i guess the person ran out of gas or broke down. i doubt they broke down because it looked like a fairly new SUV.

so i get off the freeway and what do i encounter? people who dont know what the green light means. people who dont look both ways, so i gotta slow down and honk my horn and inform then they almost got into an accident, and how much of a dumbass they are. and people who drive like grandma or grandpa. how can drivers be this damn bad? so what was a half hour drive from work turned into a 2 hour excursion from hell.

anyway, thanks for listening to me vent. im sure a lot of people on here experience the same problem as i did today.
Old 07-26-2007, 06:31 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

What State or city?
Old 07-26-2007, 07:50 PM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

I think I recal a "German roads, here I come," or something to that effect
Old 07-26-2007, 08:42 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFHollister View Post
Do thy have an I-95 over there?
Old 07-26-2007, 10:03 PM

cane17 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurvonic View Post
drivers here suck. i just spent about 2 hours sitting in traffic when, at most, it should only be about a half hour. there was a bad accident on I-95, which is understandable. accidents happen all the time. but then, the accident wasnt the only problem anymore. we had 2 people break down in the middle of it all. cops were trying to get to them, but nobody would get the hell out of the way, or they couldnt because the guy in front of them or on the side of them wouldnt get out of the way. when i got to the them, somebody was actually facing their car the wrong way trying to jump-start the other cars engine. traffic picked up a little, and by a little i mean about 10 mile per hour. then right in front of me, cars were switching lanes to avoid a car with their hazard lights on. i guess the person ran out of gas or broke down. i doubt they broke down because it looked like a fairly new SUV.

so i get off the freeway and what do i encounter? people who dont know what the green light means. people who dont look both ways, so i gotta slow down and honk my horn and inform then they almost got into an accident, and how much of a dumbass they are. and people who drive like grandma or grandpa. how can drivers be this damn bad? so what was a half hour drive from work turned into a 2 hour excursion from hell.

anyway, thanks for listening to me vent. im sure a lot of people on here experience the same problem as i did today.
Man that must have sucked,i know sometimes down here it takes a 15 min drive to my job but when its rush hour it take 45mins to a hour.

Old 07-26-2007, 10:14 PM

panzerkiller is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
What State or city?
Jacksonville,FL
Old 07-26-2007, 10:19 PM

panzerkiller is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurvonic View Post

man,I know exactly what you're talking about,try cruising through any other area than the north part of Jackson,MS,and almost everyone from the hood has a Cadillac with spinners,but almost every one of them has a bunch of check engine lights on,none of their exterior lights work,they break down all over the place,and they think they're Mario Andretti
Old 07-26-2007, 11:12 PM
Alizée Fan Since Day 1

Señor Villa is on a distinguished road

It takes me 45 minutes to drive 7 miles to work.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:18 PM
no use for a title

nurvonic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFHollister View Post
hahaaa yeah.

i used to be a crazy driver when i was younger. about 17 and 18. but after my head on collision accident (i wasnt driving), i tend to slow down a lot more nowadays. however, i think that crazy driving mentality is coming back, because alot of people in this town cant drive for anything. you say germany has better drivers than usa, then thats my type of crowd. actually, i hear thats true throughout europe.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:20 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

It takes me a half hour to drive 30 miles to work on the freeway which passes right through the heart of the city. It takes 45 minutes to an hour to get home. Different traffic patterns later in the day. Of course I leave for work at 5:30 in the morning.