Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 07-27-2007, 10:30 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGRE View Post
Nah, being engineers, we just never notice.

Deepwaters is very correct about males not initiating this type of exchange. But on the female side, if the initiation isn't returned in kind, it pretty much kills the exchange. We engineers (myself included) tend to miss the first flirt, don't realize the invitation for exchange, and pretty much go through life in ignorant bliss. Being on the shy side also is a barrier.

You might ask how I know this being an engineer that would not otherwise notice. I have been in the company of friends (including wife) who have made note that a girl initiated a flirt, which I completely missed. I'm more cognizant nowadays of this concept, but I'm still mostly too geeky to notice.

Of course, sometimes ignorance of this kind is a good thing at my age and status in life. If I ever evolve from my geekyness, and actually return the flirt, I'll probably wind up in trouble.
I couldn't agree more (being another engineer).
Old 07-27-2007, 10:47 PM

panzerkiller is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by marik View Post
im 14 too! and its a good thing you will not leave!
oh!
I'm the youngest guy on the site!and I have so many types of occupations I want it's not even funny
Old 07-27-2007, 11:25 PM
Francophile!:D

Tye is on a distinguished road

Is cryptology still used? I wouldn't mind being a cryptologist. Another field I would like to specialize in is religious symbology.
Old 07-28-2007, 07:27 AM
L'âme Artistique

Amelie is on a distinguished road

my dream is to become singer or designer

Miss Amélie's Myspace-New design again! 2008 10 02.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:11 AM

chelsey is on a distinguished road

wow...i would LOVE to be a designer...but i dont think that i have the skill for that...but o well...good choice Amelie
Old 07-28-2007, 10:37 AM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tye View Post
Is cryptology still used? I wouldn't mind being a cryptologist. Another field I would like to specialize in is religious symbology.
Cryptology is bigger than ever, particularly with respect to the technologies and techniques for computer security. And it's not just to make things secure, but it is as much (or perhaps even more so) in authenticating electronic transactions and the non-repudiation thereof.

In fact, I would consider the authentication and non-repudiation applications to still be in their infancy. The cryptology to make it happens has been around for many years. Figuring out how to apply it effectively and properly on a large scale....that's the challenge.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:34 AM

davmuz is on a distinguished road
Default wtb

Whats the fascination with being a designer? Its ok as a hobby or for 'pin money', an engineers' a much better choice, (or a vet). Good luck guys!
Old 07-28-2007, 12:22 PM
Le fan irlandais

Killian is on a distinguished road

Well, davmuz, the fascination with being a "designer" is that it may fall into a field you love. Be it fashion, theatre, graphical design etc.

A quote from wikipedia:
Designers work in a set of widely different fields, where common design principles might only exist in a small degree.[1] Examples of different types of designers include: automotive designer, costume designer, fashion designer, jewelry designer, [3] game designer, graphic designer, industrial designer, interior designer, landscape designer, lighting designer, scenic designer, systems designer and web designer.

Is mo páis agus mo inspioráid í Alizée. Níl aon scamall sa spéir nuair a feicim nó cloisim í.
Old 07-28-2007, 02:19 PM
L'âme Artistique

Amelie is on a distinguished road

i am talking about being a fashion designer, i am crazy for creating clothes, i have about million sketches, i paint everywhere and on everything lol, do you meant the same, Chelsey?

Miss Amélie's Myspace-New design again! 2008 10 02.
Old 07-28-2007, 03:00 PM

panzerkiller is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelie View Post
i am talking about being a fashion designer, i am crazy for creating clothes, i have about million sketches, i paint everywhere and on everything lol, do you meant the same, Chelsey?
hey,you may be making clothes for alizee!