Alizee Fan!

Ali is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post

She said she wasn't.
Really? Proof please.

Quote:

I don't think that's a fair assessment; truth is we don't know why they got married in Las Vegas. Jérémy stated once that they did it on a whim, i.e. they were there for some other reason, I guess to check out the sights and/or gamble, and while they were there just decided to do it. Maybe that's true. But if the motivation was what you are saying, i.e. that it was important to be married before having the baby, then either they would have gotten married in France, or they would have had the baby in America, because they are married here and I don't believe they are married there.
You missed my point completely, I am not trying to explain why she got married on Vegas. I am saying that she had a kid AFTER she got married and not BEFORE. I am pretty sure she could have decided to have a kid before marriage but decided not to. Anyways, me and you cannot delve deeply into her thought process, we are not close to her on a personal level.
Old 07-28-2007, 12:15 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Ali, I'm sorry but I'm not sufficiently interested in changing your mind about this to go digging through all the old interviews for what probably will amount to several hours trying to find that quote again. You're free to doubt me on it if you like, but there was a pre-Jérémy interview I saw in which she stated she was not a virgin at that time. Not exactly an amazing statement in this day and age, of course. The surprising thing would have been if she said otherwise.

All of this goes to the business about putting her on a pedestal and seeing qualities in her that we want to be there. Also, I believe that a special difficulty in understanding Alizée is suffered by cultural conservatives, who typically see only two alternatives, namely those who believe in a moral code pretty much like their own, and those who believe in none.

There is a third alternative, however. A person can have very strong moral convictions that differ from yours, but nevertheless instill a powerful sense of responsibility.

If Alizée held the attitude toward marriage that you do and that you are ascribing to her, then her behavior makes no sense at all. She would have gotten properly married in France, not in one of those instant-marriage places in Las Vegas. Her husband would not thereafter describe their wedding as a "whim," either, because it wouldn't be one. I'll grant you that her wedding, such as it was, took place before the baby was born (probably before she was conceived), but that's legalistic thinking. The whole picture still doesn't make sense in terms of what you're trying to say here.

There have been several interviews in which Alizée described her religious views, and it's very clear that she's about as conventional and orthodox as -- well, as I am. She practices magic of some kind, occultism of some kind. (She's very good at it, I'll add from personal experience.) She believes in spirits and conducted seances when she was a girl. She believes in reincarnation. She has a special relationship with dolphins, which looks very much to me like either a shamanic initiation or at least a natural inclination that way, with the dolphin as her totem spirit. She believes in some kind of "higher power," but not necessarily in God.

You see what I'm getting at here? She is just NOT a cultural conservative or a holder of traditional spiritual or moral values. Totally the contrary. But neither is she amoral or unprincipled. She has very strong principles. It's just that, on some important points, they're quite different from the ones you seem to think she holds.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 07-28-2007, 01:17 AM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tye View Post
When did she say this?
A quick search on alizee-forum.com will bring up various threads where this topic has been discussed (from way back in 2003 or so.) I tried to click on one press link but it changed since then, sorry. I think it was an interview in some celebrity series of interviews about "your first time".

So, Deepwaters, do you want to be Rosencrantz? Or Guildenstern?

(Whoops. Wrong absurdist play).

I mean, do you want to be Vladimir? Or Estragon?

(Oops. Running joke. Well, I guess would be a joke if anyone ever laughed at it. Well, one person did once.)
Old 07-28-2007, 01:28 AM
I'm not 20.

Zack -Alizee Lover- is on a distinguished road

Alizée doesnt have an official blog or Myspace.

1) Why are they mixing Spanish with English.
2) Why use a blog or Myspace when you got your own official website? (www.moi-alizee.com)
3) Not every blog or Myspace claiming to be Alizée is realy going to be her.
Old 07-28-2007, 03:04 PM
Alizee Fan!

Quote:
Ali, I'm sorry but I'm not sufficiently interested in changing your mind about this to go digging through all the old interviews for what probably will amount to several hours trying to find that quote again. You're free to doubt me on it if you like.
Thats cool dude. Asking for proof to back up what you are saying doesn't necessarily mean I don't believe you.

Quote:

All of this goes to the business about putting her on a pedestal and seeing qualities in her that we want to be there.
Who says anything about putting her on a pedestal and seeing qualities in her that we want to be there. Pardon me if I come of as such, but as I indicated in my previous posts that I would not hold up her as such and say something like, that she is divine, for example. The thing is in these day and age we have artists who doesn't hesitate to take their clothes off to get ahead, with exception of a few. With Alizee, she is different, she holds certain standards, that I have observed and was merely commenting on it.

Quote:
Also, I believe that a special difficulty in understanding Alizée is suffered by cultural conservatives, who typically see only two alternatives, namely those who believe in a moral code pretty much like their own, and those who believe in none.
Don't call me a "cultural conservative", because I am not one. This has nothing to do with "culture" for culture and religion, more specifically believes that are rooted in monotheism (Christianity, Judiasm, Islam) are two different things, thats where I am coming from. Thats YOU putting ME on a pedestal and being judgemental about things that I am not. For your info I have many friends who have different believes. I have even had discussion with atheist freinds, one in particular who I am really close to (who believes in reincarnation), regarding things such as morality.

Quote:
She is just NOT a holder of traditional spiritual or moral values.
Seems to me YOU are the one who is seeing things in her that YOU want to see. Like I said before, you are not close to her to accurately say what her believes are deep down inside. I think people close to her like her friends and relatives could give an accurate picture about her believes and personality since they know her on a personal level.
Notheless, I would be highly interested to know her believes for I have an open mind to different believes and are interested in learning about different religions or culture. So if someone can find links to her believes, religious or not, I would be interested in reading it. I do believe I read somewhere that she is a Christian, more specifically a Catholic. Most people in Corsica are Chrisitians anyways-----Link:

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/04396b.htm

Last edited by Ali; 07-28-2007 at 04:07 PM..
Old 07-28-2007, 03:40 PM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Wherever this discussion goes...no religious debates, please! That's the kind of place where RMJ went over the edge in AF and led him to remove himself as moderator.
Old 07-29-2007, 03:12 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
My thoughts on Alizee? well...she is one of a kind, she really is quite extraordinary. I think it has to do with the belief that she really thinks she is a tinkerbell, some angelic creature who magically can sway our thoughts and desires and is influenced by a higher being watching over her that is magically guiding her path in life
Where did you hear about this? I am curious.
Old 07-29-2007, 05:24 AM

marik is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Where did you hear about this? I am curious.

maybe Tinkerbell! hehe
Old 07-29-2007, 02:43 PM
Alizee Fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquared View Post
Wherever this discussion goes...no religious debates, please! That's the kind of place where RMJ went over the edge in AF and led him to remove himself as moderator.
Oh i don't mind discussion about religion fsquared. I am interested in peoples beliefs and religion. As long as the discussion stays civil.