Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Media Section

View Poll Results: Who sings La Isla Bonita better??
Alizee.. 10 83.33%
Madonna.. 1 8.33%
Both are Good.. 1 8.33%
Neither one... 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-09-2007, 06:24 AM
Le fan irlandais

Killian is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
LOL you guys are so loyal.

I doubt she would agree with you, though. (Either she -- Madonna goes without saying, but I think Alizée would probably disagree, too.)

Yeah... but everyone likes their ego rubbed once and awhile.

Plus, Alizée is (alot) easier on the eyes than Madonna, which adds to the much improved version when videos are taken into account.

Is mo páis agus mo inspioráid í Alizée. Níl aon scamall sa spéir nuair a feicim nó cloisim í.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:12 AM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

You know, I didn't really like the video all that much; I think at least partially because the two performances are in different keys, so it's kind of jarring.

The vocal processing effects seem rather different; probably different effects were in vogue in 1987. Madonna's voice seems a bit shrill in comparison. Probably Alizee's has been "chorused" more heavily.

So, I still never dug up any more covers from that Madonna tribute concert besides the two of Natasha St. Pier (not even the identities of the coverers). heyamigo dug up the complete song list from a vidcap, so they might be out there somewhere...
Old 08-10-2007, 01:50 AM
Francophile!:D

Tye is on a distinguished road

I like Lili's. I like Lili's voice alot more than Madonna's, and Lili is extremely beautiful in her performance of La Isla Bonita. Her eyes are unbelievably stunning in that performance.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:12 AM

rcs is on a distinguished road
Cool Case closed. Alizee all the way.

Madonna had a great song. Alizee has the great voice. Yes, this video was the one that drew me in with those eyes and Lili's lips as she carefully pronounces each word. Alizee all the way...

Alizee: Wowww!
Old 08-10-2007, 02:57 PM

Matrix is on a distinguished road

I voted for Mad-donna. Madonna has an extraordinary voice let's face it and she sings that song particulary well. I'm not the only one who likes the voice of Madonna... Alizee likes it as well, so much that she recorded the song La Isla Bonita

When Alizee sings La Isla Bonita it sounds magnificent but I give the edge to Madonna on this one
Old 08-13-2007, 12:04 PM
Golden Boy from Golden City

Uméesha is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
I voted for Mad-donna. Madonna has an extraordinary voice let's face it and she sings that song particulary well. I'm not the only one who likes the voice of Madonna... Alizee likes it as well, so much that she recorded the song La Isla Bonita

When Alizee sings La Isla Bonita it sounds magnificent but I give the edge to Madonna on this one
you are right matrix i accept your comment, since alizee is fan of madonna and she likes her voice and recorded a song La Isla bonita, so the question is....... according to this songs who sings well? so you have voted for madonna.... do u think alizee sung little bit lesser than Madonna?