Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 08-16-2007, 11:56 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
Besides that fact that we are all desperate for Alizée to come back at this point, and to know what new changes she's made in her style. I think also the problem lies on fans who think in order to be a true fan you need to like her personally too. Not content with just her onstage performance they look for more personal info, and have made it their purpose to be the one with more info or the first to know......
Who is "they?" Is they we?

I find it interesting that for 100 posts people have been carefully defining where "the line" is, and carefully confirming to each other that "we" are not over the line but "they" are.

I found that when I went over to her dad's page, I felt a little uncomfortable. I did scan through for a few minutes, looking at a few of the photos, and imagining what their family life is like (looks very rich and healthy), but then I felt as though I really would not be welcome and so I left.

I would like to hear otherwise, but until and unless I do I think I will stay away.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:06 AM
Francophile!:D

Tye is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
No, I'd say it's the ones who forget that liking someone personally also involves respecting their rights as a person, including the right to privacy.

Otherwise, you're only "liking" someone in the same sense as you might "like" a perfectly-cooked roast chicken.
Exactly. When you like someone personally you respect things that are personal to them. That includes their private life. I like her personally, and I am fine with knowing what she wants known. I don't feel the need to invade her private life. I wish other people felt the same way.

Last edited by Tye; 08-17-2007 at 12:42 AM..
Old 08-17-2007, 01:12 AM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

I feel that we are enticed by media pressures and a cultural obsession with celebrity gossip to feel a simulacrum of intimacy by devouring the "latest interviews" or "exclusive stories" and when that inevitably cannot satiate our bottomless hunger, we as a collective fan mob gorge ourselves on whatever shreds we can get. Unfortunately there are those will cross various lines...and the lines have become more numerous and easier to cross with the advent of various technologies.

But more than that, I think we are entering an unprecedented age of global exhibitionism/voyeurism which was simply not technologically possible before the advent of Web 2.0 content mechanisms like Youtube/MySpace/Photobucket/etc. The entirety of MySpace is dedicated to exhibitionism. Alizee's father's web page (and all the other public ones too) exists and was constructed for the explicit purpose of you, me, and everyone on the earth with a web browser to look at. His official photographer's web page invites you to visit it.

But I do think some people haven't quite realized this as they use MySpace, especially people who put pictures of themselves kegstanding or passed out or legs splayed in the air in their underwear or what-have-you without thinking that their next potential employer may well be Googling them and checking their profiles. Security through obscurity is also a nonstarter on MySpace since it's just too easy to navigate the <= six degrees of separation through friend lists.
Old 08-17-2007, 02:14 AM
JPVA lover

Le Parrain is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquared View Post
I feel that we are enticed by media pressures and a cultural obsession with celebrity gossip to feel a simulacrum of intimacy by devouring the "latest interviews" or "exclusive stories" and when that inevitably cannot satiate our bottomless hunger, we as a collective fan mob gorge ourselves on whatever shreds we can get. Unfortunately there are those will cross various lines...and the lines have become more numerous and easier to cross with the advent of various technologies.

But more than that, I think we are entering an unprecedented age of global exhibitionism/voyeurism which was simply not technologically possible before the advent of Web 2.0 content mechanisms like Youtube/MySpace/Photobucket/etc. The entirety of MySpace is dedicated to exhibitionism. Alizee's father's web page (and all the other public ones too) exists and was constructed for the explicit purpose of you, me, and everyone on the earth with a web browser to look at. His official photographer's web page invites you to visit it.

But I do think some people haven't quite realized this as they use MySpace, especially people who put pictures of themselves kegstanding or passed out or legs splayed in the air in their underwear or what-have-you without thinking that their next potential employer may well be Googling them and checking their profiles. Security through obscurity is also a nonstarter on MySpace since it's just too easy to navigate the <= six degrees of separation through friend lists.
in other words.
-humans are curious beings. technology makes it easier for us to find news about people.
-people are SUPPOSED to look at myspaces. you cannot expect to have a completely private life and HAVE a myspace.
-people post dumb pictures of themselves of myspace.

she has been gone for what..like 2 years or something. its only natural that people want to find out the latest news about her. i mean theres nothing wrong with a little snooping around as long as no ones trying to hack into her account or stalk her.

^ THE WAIT IS OVER!!! ^
Old 08-17-2007, 02:22 AM
no use for a title

nurvonic is on a distinguished road

yeah, so about the official news..........its good.
Old 08-17-2007, 02:46 AM
Faithful Fan

bt_bird_90 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
Topaz is, absolutely and without a doubt, NOT Alizée;
I never claimed such a thing; Topaz is great, leave her be. I'm afraid you missed, terribly.

and everyone stay on topic please, things are getting wildly out of control
Old 08-17-2007, 11:45 AM
I'm not 20.

Zack -Alizee Lover- is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bt_bird_90 View Post
and everyone stay on topic please, things are getting wildly out of control
It always happens when the thread hits the page 25....
Old 08-17-2007, 08:10 PM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
This is why I don't translate.

If you were to write it in English it would be.

I get the second comment!
my daddy's fan!
kisses

Think of it like a contest.
Elsewhere there is a similar comment using "pour", and I presume the meaning is the same, i.e. "I get <the privilege of making> the first comment". I suppose it's roughly the meaning of "for" in English like "the biggest piece of pie is for me", and here referring to the comment's "position" (as opposed to the text of the comment itself).

Prepositions are always astoundingly tricky/fascinating; the set of relationships that one thing can have with respect to another is huge, and each language divides them into a fairly small number of preposition bins, so there almost never any hope of a 1-1 translation of a preposition word into another preposition word; one always has to learn "in this situation, one uses word X in language Y".
Old 08-17-2007, 10:27 PM

Topaz is on a distinguished road

Back and forth from English to Français & Français to English has always been a pain. One way or the other one of them will end up looking bass ackwards.

English is one of the toughest languages to master. So many exceptions to the rule. Français is just as difficult to learn. Mix them together and poof! chaos.

la touche
Old 08-18-2007, 07:16 PM

Amazed is on a distinguished road

From www.nidalizee.com nothing really new tho. Nidalizee is adjusting to what other sites announced recently. They added a new pic tho!

Quote:
18 août 2oo7 à 22h00

Alizée a finalement signé chez RCA, un label de SONY BMG. L'info a été devoilée par Et-Toc et confirmée par divers sites musicaux dont Charts in France, Musique Evous et Ram Dam... Le single serait prevu pour septembre et l'album dès octobre.

Photo exclue ci-contre d'Alizée en studio, pour l'enregistrement du 3ème album. Un clic pour l'agrandir.

La presse recommence doucement à se déchainer en ce moment : Après un petit encard dans Voici, c'est le magazine Public qui s'y met. Toujours selon Et-Toc, la plupart des écrits seraient faux... Retrouvez néanmoins ces deux articles dans la rubrique "Presse".

Ajout du calendrier d'Août 2007 avec un peu de retard.

En ce qui concerne Julien Doré, le site de la FNAC annonce la sortie pour le 27 août. Pour visionner le clip de sa reprise, cliquez ici.
traduction in a few minutes....

Quote:
Alizée finally signed with RCA, a SONY BMG label. The info was uncovered by Et-Toc and confirmed by many musical sites including Charts in France, Musique Evous and Ram Dam... The single is planned for Septembre and the album for Octobre.

Exculive photo of Alizée in Studio, for the recording of the 3rd album. Click to enlarge.
(added pic already enlarged)

The media restart slowly to unleashe itself at the moment: After a small article in Voici, it's the magazine Public that strike. Still according to Et-Toc, most of it would be false... Still you can find those articles under the "Presse" tab.

Added the August 2007 calandar a little late.

Concerning Julien Doré, the site of FNAC announce the release for 27 August. To see the clip, click here.

Last edited by Amazed; 08-18-2007 at 07:38 PM..