Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 08-20-2007, 08:09 PM
Un-rêve

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyamigo View Post
wow english song title. hopefully it's in french...i don't like her singing english :P
Maybe it's just the Fifty Sixty part that will be sung in English and the rest will be in French, a bit like Mylene Farmers song " F**k Them All " was if I'm not mistaken.
Well I hope the comparisons will end there lol, the Title of the song may well just be another rumour anyway.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:12 PM
Producer/Engineer

neoific is on a distinguished road

I dont mind her singing in English. Just as long as it was originally WRITTEN in English. If its just a translated song then it doesnt sound right rhythmically.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:53 PM

Calisto is on a distinguished road

I actually love Amélie in English A Big part of that is because I think her accent is adorable though

But I don't care if its English or French..I'm just pumped to hear a new Alizee song.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:35 PM
Hashshashin

jaco is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tye View Post
I don't understand why Lili would be mad with Mylène, anyways? All these bs stories keep saying she is mad at Mylène, but haven't really given a good reason why she would be. I am also going to call total bs on this.
From what I've heard from my friends at Sorbonne, this is a question of trust. From what I know Alizée feels that Mylène betrayed her trust, and that she was used. Financial motivations play only a secondary role in this story, though they interconnect with it, since Mylène made a whole lot more money off Alizée's first two albums than Lili ever did. (Alizée was very annoyed with the fact that she recorded and performed certain songs that included sexual innuendos that she was not aware of, and felt that Mylène profited off her sexual lolita image)

Personally I'm not sure. Mylène was the godmother of Alizée.. She brought her where she is now. Personally I feel she deserves more respect than the average Alizée fan on this forum has been giving her...

Last edited by jaco; 08-20-2007 at 09:38 PM..
Old 08-21-2007, 12:52 AM
Alizée's FireFighter

Youpidou1 is on a distinguished road

Do we have a genre of the song? I am very excited.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:38 AM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youpidou1 View Post
Do we have a genre of the song? I am very excited.
The rumors always say something like "très rythmique" and there are going to be remixes, it appears, so I suppose it's gotta be something that is amenable to that.

I had a thought today, that one way to get some market penetration in the US without as much full-blown investment/saturation might to concentrate on the dance charts, no?
Old 08-21-2007, 02:34 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

So the proof that the new single will be called Fifty // Sixty is... a mockup of cover art? Surely you people can do better. This rumour is not at all credible, it doesn't even have a fake source like "I'm a friend of the backup bass player's third cousin."

But regarding the song being in English, it wouldn't have to be, even if it had an English title. Lots of French songs have English titles, such as Superbus' Butterflyp and France d'Amour's Love. Of course, I'm of the opinion that the single will be in French, as not having it in French would just about be abandoning whatever French fanbase she has left.
Old 08-21-2007, 03:13 PM
Un-rêve

Quote:
Originally Posted by espire View Post
So the proof that the new single will be called Fifty // Sixty is... a mockup of cover art? Surely you people can do better. This rumour is not at all credible, it doesn't even have a fake source like "I'm a friend of the backup bass player's third cousin."
If this is a rumour atleast we don't have to wait long to find out, September is nearly here.
Old 08-21-2007, 03:20 PM
You ain't seen nothin yet

Joey_adore_Jung is on a distinguished road

only time will tell. we never know.
Old 08-21-2007, 04:22 PM
Francophile!:D

Tye is on a distinguished road

I would rather it be in French. I love her English, but she is French, and I would rather her sing in her native language. If this is the title of the single then it probably is French with an english title, because, as Espire said, some French songs do have english titles.

Plus, something I noticed was that the date is backwards. In France the day comes before the month. The date on the single is 09/05. That would be wrong in France unless it meant the 9th of May. That would be next summer, and since her single is suppossed to come out this Fall I think this is fake.

Last edited by Tye; 08-21-2007 at 04:25 PM..