Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 09-12-2007, 01:59 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road
Default Is what we heard anything near what the single will be?

Right. So we now have the official word that Mademoiselle Juliette will be Alizée's first single. We've also basically all heard Mademoiselle Juliette. But wait:

Have we really heard anything close to that single? I think that there's a good chance that we haven't. We may just be listening to a remix. Now, I know that you may be wondering why I say this. I have a few reasons. First, as Snatcher42 also noticed, the song has some odd ID3 tagging. It's track 6 out of 8, and it's from the album "Mix Plus XXX." Of course, this isn't enough for one to think that this song is a remix; it could simply be the name of whatever company touched it last. Or quite simply, the ID3 could have been modified by anyone.

That's why I have another reason. Listen to the song closely, searching for different instruments used in there. You'll notice that there basically aren't any -- save for drums and a loose guitar used in some parts, just about everything is synthesized. Now, I'm not against this, but how could a song like this be performed in, say, a concert? I have a feeling that there's a regular version of this song from Psychédélices with more conventional instruments.

Note that I'm not saying this as a wish, this song is more than worthy of being Alizée's new single as it is. I just think that we should be expecting something a bit lighter for the official release.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:09 PM
no use for a title

nurvonic is on a distinguished road

i personally love what i've heard so far, if there is another "lighter" version of it. and im sure that would be awesome as well.

we'll just have to wait and see
Old 09-12-2007, 02:11 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Espire, I'm not sure what you mean by "lighter," but I do agree that the final version will not be exactly like what we're hearing. Some changes I'm expecting (and would like to hear):

There should be a bit of instrumental lead-in. It shouldn't start out with Alizée singing the first stanza in the first second.

The percussion needs to be a bit stronger, especially on the "Ahhs." Same with the guitar. I can hear the ghost of the music as it were, but would like to hear it fully fleshed.

There needs to be a better ending. As with the beginning, it shouldn't chop off instantly with the end of the last chorus.

I don't think I agree this is a remix. I would say rather it's an earlier studio cut, and the song has gone through some work since this was leaked.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 09-12-2007, 02:15 PM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road

I think there will be some small changes, but nothing major.

like maybe extending the beat about 5 seconds before she starts singing at the beginning of the song, filling in that gap 3/4 the way through, things like that.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:25 PM
Lili's servant

vctralca is on a distinguished road

agree with espire, i think that they need to fill some spaces there, like the big space in the middle of the song, i think they have to improve it, they need to improve it to be a good single, so far i like better 50/60 than ma juliette.

Old 09-12-2007, 02:59 PM
Allez L'OM!

aditya8617 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by vctralca View Post
agree with espire, i think that they need to fill some spaces there, like the big space in the middle of the song, i think they have to improve it, they need to improve it to be a good single, so far i like better 50/60 than ma juliette.
Maybe that's why they have decided to release it at the end of the month.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:05 PM
Alizée Lover!!!

Steven0022 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad View Post
I think there will be some small changes, but nothing major.

like maybe extending the beat about 5 seconds before she starts singing at the beginning of the song, filling in that gap 3/4 the way through, things like that.
I totally agree with brad I think some minor changes will be made and what we hear is what we are getting. On the other hand a lot of singles are done multiple ways for the single release so this could be one of the alternate songs and not the actual single itself. We can only wait and see!!!
Old 09-12-2007, 03:53 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by espire View Post
It's track 6 out of 8, and it's from the album "Mix Plus XXX." Of course, this isn't enough for one to think that this song is a remix; it could simply be the name of whatever company touched it last.
Plus XXX is a Paris music studio that Alizee was apparently working in last summer:
http://www.alizee-forum.com/showthread.php?t=17410

Last edited by Ben; 09-12-2007 at 04:10 PM..
Old 09-12-2007, 03:54 PM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

I'll ask her when I see her.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:25 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snatcher42 View Post
Plus XXX is a Paris music studio that Alizee was apparently working in last summer:
http://www.alizee-forum.com/showthread.php?t=17410
If that's the case, then I've just lost half of my case

Well, it doesn't change the fact that super-synthed or not, this song is equally awesome.