Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 09-14-2007, 10:38 PM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
I have no clue what you mean, actually.
Oh puuuuleeeezz Deepwaters! You'd walk barefoot over busted glass just to hear her fart over the phone! hahaha I kill me! :P
Old 09-14-2007, 10:45 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
Oh puuuuleeeezz Deepwaters! You'd walk barefoot over busted glass just to hear her fart over the phone! hahaha I kill me! :P

OMG, if you could guarantee that it was really her on the phone, I would probably be willing to do that...
Old 09-14-2007, 10:46 PM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Actually, in a thread where I mentioned how we'd probably all buy her new CD even if it was a big loop of her hocking a loogie into a trash can, he said he wouldn't buy it. I'm not quite sure I believed him though . Someone else mentioned a gaseous burp, so I figured that would be the second single off that hypothetical album. I self-censored any ideas of further singles, but yours would make an excellent follow-up.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:08 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Oh puuuuleeeezz Deepwaters! You'd walk barefoot over busted glass just to hear her fart over the phone!
It's you I'd walk over busted glass for, Rocket.

Edit: I'm kidding here. Have to say that 'cause you'd probably make me do it otherwise.

You're also more likely to fart over the phone than she is, I think.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716

Last edited by Deepwaters; 09-14-2007 at 11:11 PM..
Old 09-14-2007, 11:31 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
I think a big part is winning over new fans. Two things that I think will be huge are how well she relates to audiences (mainly French) in her new videos and live performances, and the marketing and airplay she receives.

I am such an Alizée fan and I have so much faith in her that I don’t expect to be disappointed and I think she is up to the task. She has also surrounded herself with competent people in the business. I love the new music so far and I think it will appeal to others as well. And of course she is beautiful and has that quality about her that is hard to resist. But obviously I’m extremely biased and I can’t predict if others will feel this way.

I think this is a “make or break” album for her and she needs respectable sales numbers. I doubt if we hard core fans can buy enough CD’s to reach the break even point, so she’s going to need those new fans and hopefully bring some old ones back. A lot is riding on Alizée’s shoulders, but the record company and radio/TV also have the ability to affect the outcome.

An in all, I think she’s actually in a better spot now with potentially a much broader appeal than she was when she put out MCE, (even though I love MCE).
I agree with a lot of what you said, but disagree that this is a make or break CD. She has no doubt discussed with the record company the possibility that the first new album might only receive lukewarm acceptance, and received assurances that they will stick with her for more than one.

Although I like what I am hearing, she may take 2 albums to really hit her stride with the french market (although she might get it right the first time). Don't get discouraged if the album is not a 2 million seller.
Old 09-15-2007, 12:06 AM

DannyMac524 is on a distinguished road

I love all the generations of Alizee. Each one seems better than the last, and I expect that I will not be disappointed in the new Alizee that returns soon. With respect to the early Alizee... I thought she was incredibily sexy while at the same time delicately innocent. I mix her early music in with my daily listening of her stuff. I enjoy it now as much as I did then. For me she is the complete package! And, I would consider it lucky anyone who has had the chance or opportunity to see or meet her in person.
Old 09-15-2007, 12:11 AM
International Fan

Jess is on a distinguished road

This might shock some, but I never thought of Alizée as a lolita until it was discussed here. Unlike some people that posted here that they were actually looking for lolitas, I first heard Alizée on the internet radio, I didn't know who she was and I didn't get the name, so it took me awhile to find her again. Even though I had never heard her before, the impression I had after hearing her was as if I already knew her and her music. When I finally found her on the internet again it was as if my dreams had come to life as to what I consider a next to perfect girl. Her movements, her expressions and her music was very pleasant to my eyes and ears. I don't care much for teen music, be it rock or pop or whatever, and I also don't care much for MF's music, sorry guys. So the fact I liked her had nothing to do with her been a lolita, or a mini MF. To me it has always been a matter of taste, and if anyone liked her before or likes her now has to do with their taste as well that's how I see it. I never liked her because she was a lolita and whether I like her in the future will have nothing to do with that. I mean I can't imagine anyone expecting her to be a lolita at 23 knowing she also is a mother, as far as I know a lolita is a preteen nymphet, correct me if I'm wrong. Also as far as her music been only for teens then, I have to disagree. I've watched her performances and concert a few times to have noticed that most of the people in the front were not just teens, and a lot of the members in the different forums that I've visited are no teens either. Further more, a lot of grown-ups sing pop as well...

As to her new image, I agree there's little to go by to say anything yet, except whether we like or dislike the leaked samples we have so far, and those could change. I'm hoping she'll still have some of that magic that I loved so much in her, but to me that has nothing to do with maintaining a lolita image. I can't even explain it myself, it is a combination of everything that makes her. Don't know if anybody else understands this, just thought I'd put in my thoughts. My opinion is that she'll have a lot more fans now than she ever had, due to the internet exposing all her previous performance that we love so much. Some will like her new style, some will like her old, but most everyone will remain a fan because we are already in love with her...

Paix, Amour et Musique ☮ ♥ ♫ http://www.international-music-videos.com

Old 09-15-2007, 12:15 AM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
I agree with a lot of what you said, but disagree that this is a make or break CD. She has no doubt discussed with the record company the possibility that the first new album might only receive lukewarm acceptance, and received assurances that they will stick with her for more than one.

Although I like what I am hearing, she may take 2 albums to really hit her stride with the french market (although she might get it right the first time). Don't get discouraged if the album is not a 2 million seller.
A 2 million seller would be great and not out of the realm of possibility, but I don't expect it and I don’t think the record company does either.

I was talking about getting over the break even point. I don't think the record company will be as willing to stick behind her if they actually loose money. Her second album made less than the first, and if the third makes less than the second and actually goes into the red, that’s not the kind of trend line any company wants to put their money behind.

Maybe I shouldn’t use the term “make or break”. But if sales are abysmal, it definitely could be the end.

But I really don’t expect that to happen either. I think as long as she’s in the black, there’s a good chance they will stick with her. That’s what I meant when I said respectable sales numbers. I wasn’t talking 2 million.
Old 09-15-2007, 01:08 AM
Alizée Cynic

lead2gold is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachLovesAlizée View Post
your story is better than mine lol, i was bored and it was late, so i went on my favorite torrent site and i searched in videos for "sexy" and i found, sexy french singer, i downloaded it, it was a concert vid of ailzee singing jen au marre (however its spelled), which i instantly fell in love with, i found this site while googling alizee trying to find out more about her, best mistake i ever made (thats not bad, finding the vid was a mistake, which led the finding of this site, which was amazingly awsome)
Must... resist... teasing..
Old 09-15-2007, 01:40 AM
Platinum Member

rwd716 is on a distinguished road

Hmm, I'm in the camp that really liked everything about Lili's Lolita image and songs. At first it kinda took a bit to get into her new feel, but the new unofficial clips have enough of her old feel in them, I think, to "get my goose, " lol. Not that Lili's ever had a prob "getting my goose"