Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 09-17-2007, 08:46 PM
Fidèle Toujours

Cooney is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioactiveMan View Post
I just bought a Gourmandises that I saw it in a store today. If you're not impressed, leave the hall.
Outstanding! Glad to hear she was in store in BC. I always wander the "World Music" sections of stores around here on the off chance I'll see something, but unsurprisingly, no luck so far. Alizée is in the computer at our local Borders, but you have to order her stuff and wait a couple days for it to come in.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:32 PM

WyomingGrizFan is on a distinguished road

Interestingly, I just found out on eBay that there are CDs 'Gourmandises' being sold by two different labels: one is Polydor and the other is by a company called Requiem, but twice as much. I wonder which one is 'official?'
Old 09-17-2007, 11:58 PM

RadioactiveMan is on a distinguished road

Requiem Publishing and Polydor are both official-like. I don't really know what you're looking at on eBay.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:02 AM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

Polydor is the label; Requiem is the publisher. I'd guess that Requiem is the company that's in charge of the actual disc stamping, case and shipping.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:03 PM
Alizée Fan For Life

SilentFox is on a distinguished road

Now knowing that shes back, what are the chances of her coming to Canada or the US and preform a concert here in the next year or two?
Old 10-17-2007, 04:44 PM
Le fan irlandais

Killian is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentFox View Post
Now knowing that shes back, what are the chances of her coming to Canada or the US and preform a concert here in the next year or two?
I would have to say the odds are slim. I mean everything seems to be in a position by which she could, but I still don't think it is likely.

We have no proof that she wants to enter the American market. I mean, look at how messed up the celebrity world is there, why would she want to join that?

Is mo páis agus mo inspioráid í Alizée. Níl aon scamall sa spéir nuair a feicim nó cloisim í.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:56 PM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

It's probably a huge upfront marketing effort, with frankly a very low chance of payoff (the market in the US is overall quite unreceptive to non-English-language music, with the possible exception of some Spanish crossover) and just the amount of coverage required to get some name recognition would be very costly and probably exhausting (e.g., promos to all the major market radio stations, airtime on TV if she could even get it, etc. etc.).
Old 10-17-2007, 04:58 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

Nobody really knows how this album is going to sell. At the moment, RCA is surely worrying about getting it to sell in France, not North America, as the market there is truly tiny. Even Montreal, the most progressive and open-minded French-speaking city in Canada, knows nothing of her existence. Judging Psychédélices' style, I don't think it even has as much of a chance to penetrate the market as Mes courants électriques did, and even MCE did not sell in Quebec.

If Alizée is to be known anywhere in North America, she has a language barrier, and in Quebec, an isolationist barrier. After that, she has to sing in a style that would be popular here, and I'd say that in that case, Cristophe Willem has a much better chance.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:23 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I can't even guess how many CD buying fans she currently has in North America. How many people have seen her on youtube in the past year or so? How many of those actually dug deeper to learn about her? How many are now aware she has a CD coming out and plan on buying it?

We've read the fan introductions here. Many have said they never would have guessed they would become fans of a French singer and actually buy French CD's. Many even have branched out into other French artists. Is our little group of people here so special and more enlightened than the average North American? Or would this be a more common result if a large number of North Americans were exposed to Alizée's charm the way we were. A lot of questions and few good answers.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:27 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

First things first. The album isn't even released yet. It will be available in North America by Internet order once it is released, even though it won't be in stores.

Of course they're going to focus on the French market. What may draw RCA across the ocean for a marketing effort is if there are good sales by Internet order. I would say that Alizée is herself trying to address the possibility, given that her web site and MySpace page are bilingual, which they wouldn't have to be for the French market. But the label will need persuading.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716