Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 09-30-2007, 11:33 PM
Oldest Fan

johnnywash is on a distinguished road
Default Oldest Member

I'm so glad I'm not the only one with this Elizee obsession. I'm married with two grown daughters and one grand daughter. I have way to much free time at work and will watch Alizee videos for hours. The dirty old man aspect was gone after the first couple of You Tube Videos. Now I just love the music and love watching this beautiful young girl sing and dance. I gave my grand daughter my DVD of Alizee in Concert in hopes of having a family member to share her with. I'm waiting to she if she likes her as much as me. She is only 10.
Can't wait for the new songs and videos.
Thanks for sharing
Old 09-30-2007, 11:40 PM
euuuhhhhh

Fish is on a distinguished road

I didn't really post the effect it had on me back when I joined up, I don't think, though I did in a recent thread I started.

Basically, I've suffered from anxiety off and on for about 8 years, and almost nonstop for a year and a half. I nearly failed 11th and 12th grades of high school for what was in effect an inexplicable depression, often accompanied by insomnia. I did manage to graduate with fairly good grades all things considered, but I wasn't even able to apply for college when I needed to, so the depression continued on into the summer. I never slept well and I rarely went out and did anything in June-July, but in early August I discovered her. Since then, friends and family have both noticed that I'm in a much happier mood much of the time, and I generally feel better. I'm in community college now and hope to be at university in the spring, and everything is generally going better.

Nobody has managed to put Alizée into it, but I haven't flaunted my obsession too much, and people haven't asked about her, but she is definitely the spark.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:47 AM

rcs is on a distinguished road
Talking

I lurked for almost 2 weeks before signing up for the first time on any website. Moi-Alizee.us was my first. I was in the middle of packing up my apartment for my move to Korea when I decided it was best I sign up immediately. I had a strange feeling if I didn't, I would miss out on something grand. Hell, I was already getting crappy sleep since I stayed up every night watching Alizee videos!

But talk about the threads I was involved in, take a look at some of the names attached in this short thread...daanng!

http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showthread.php?t=69

Alizee: Wowww!

Last edited by rcs; 10-01-2007 at 12:50 AM..
Old 10-01-2007, 02:03 AM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

haha...i went back and read the first post i made here back in May. and damn, it's crazy to think what happened to me and that i'm still obsessed with her!

it's so intriguing that many of us found alizée while going through a really difficult time in our lives. but at the same time it makes total sense, because i truly believe she's the closest thing to an "angel" and that it was meant for her to bring us happiness and to heal us.

i haven't even known about alizée for that long like many of you guys. it's been only about 5 months, but my life and my world has changed dramatically.

(i'll probably regret what i'm gonna reveal and some of this is too personal to post perhaps, but i'll just say it once to get it off my chest.)

i was probably going through one of the worst periods in my life. my life was a total mess. last year, i quit my job because i wanted to run my own business. but i couldn't get my act together to make it work. then i had a fight with my sister and brother-in law (i live with them) and i wasn't speaking to them for several months. my anger and hate had such a bad affect on my mood, i fell into a really bad depression. i've struggled with depression on and off for about 10 years, but this time it was really bad and i pretty much turned to doing drugs to feel better. i had been an addict for about 10 years (this too was likely also a cause of my depression), but i was doing way too much and i reached a breaking point when i almost flipped out from my brain being unable to take it anymore. it was then that i somehow stumbled upon alizée, and it couldn't have come at a better time. watching and listening to alizée was so therapeutic for me and every time i saw her smile, i got a high that was above all. everyday i had to get a dose of hours of her video and music and my condition was gradually improving. most of all, her occupying my mind all day allowed for nothing else to bring me down.

so the past 5 months for me has been one of the happier periods in my life. i enjoy a lot of things now that i didn't before, and my outlook on many things are not as gloomy as before. and just after discovering alizée, i finally decided to quit and i've been drug-free for almost 5 months, the longest i have been and i don't plan going back. i mean i found something that makes you feel better than any of that stuff, so there's no urge and reason to do it anymore! i often tell myself i have finally waken up, and that there was totally a reason why i found alizée when i did. and by reading other members tell their stories of how she has helped them and changed their lives in a profound way, i think it makes perfect sense. there was no coincidence, no luck in finding alizée, rather there was some higher force at work that brought me to her, because i needed her.

oh, and this site. finding this site was probably just as important. i really enjoy this community, and i see so many nice people here that i can't help but think it has maybe made me a better person as well. i can't stress how important it was for me to find this support group for alizée addiction.

sometimes i try to look at all this from an outsider's perspective and it's just so INSANE! that a bunch of people are so dedicated about a pop singer from halfway around the world that has disappeared for 4 years and that she touches lives! i mean it's just too crazy for anyone who's not a fan to comprehend because nobody else can do what she does to a person. nobody...
Old 10-01-2007, 02:32 AM
Platinum Member

rwd716 is on a distinguished road

Wow! Those are very touching stories, guys.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:47 AM

Capn is on a distinguished road

Well I am a new Alizée fan so thinking back is like 2 months ago But since than Alizée rules my life I scheduled everything according to the rumors until this single was released lol

Old 10-01-2007, 10:17 AM
Platinum Member

rwd716 is on a distinguished road

Ya, we had to almost ignore any rumors cause they had such a bad tendancy to turn out chitty. Whenever there was news, it was more a "Well, I'll just wait to see," instead of getting all hyped about it.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:38 AM

Sir Wood is on a distinguished road

One things for sure, I believe had I not spent so much time on this forum and watching all the videos, I think I might have done better in my previous classes. Then again I would have missed out on a lot of great discussions and knowing wonderful folks! I would have never attempted to learn to use The GIMP or Windows Movie Maker. Now, I'm trying to find a workable compromise amongst my schedules. Darn it, so much to do and so little time in the day... no wonder people are getting fewer sleeping hours these days.

Youpidoo! I'm "foamely" ecstatic... So if you're okey dokey... Let's do boogie-woogie...

Last edited by Sir Wood; 10-01-2007 at 11:43 AM..
Old 10-01-2007, 12:56 PM
Sunglasses wearing bloke

Chommpers is on a distinguished road

Wow I can't believe she has done so much for some of you guys. She has taken a lot of my game time I know that lol. I'm just playing, but really I dont have to much troubles in my life, but somtimes I get mad or something and Alizée makes me feel better. I just feel so good when I listen to her, I love her so much.

^ By the beautifully creative Amelie! Merci!
Old 10-01-2007, 02:39 PM
Alizee Fan!

Ali is on a distinguished road

Well, since others have poured their hearts out on this thread I think I will too (I hope I don't regret it later ), I think it is sometimes helpful if we write down our thoughts and emotions.
In addition to the first thread I started here, all I can say Alizee has affected my life deeply. So much has happend in my life since I first found her on a video site (can't remember which one), with the JEAM video around mid-April of 2006. Conicidientaly, like others I was going through a very difficult time in life due to very poor academic performance at University ( I am enrolled in the most difficult branch of engineering), which could have gotten me kicked out of College. It was around that depressing period of my life that I found Alizee.
While I have been lurking around this site since the time of it's founding, around mid-June of '06 I finally gathered enough courage and decided to join this site on July 22nd of this year. I don't know why but something just clicked, I thought I had to partake in these conversations.
Ever since I found her I improved academically (although no where near where I want to be) and I am starting to kick a bad habit that I have and have done so just recently (no, it's not drugs or alcohol, I don't do those). I have a strong feeling that this school year with her returning will be my coming out year and that I will finally get the grades that I want in all of college years.
With respect to Alizee, I am still mesmerized by her just like the very first time I saw her. She has changed my outlook on life, my goals and in other ways that I never thought she could. I now feel that I could achieve anything in my life that I want to achieve. Never in my wildest dreams would I have thoght that I will spend countless hours watching her and the fan made videos, reading on this forum, about a girl leaving in a land far away speaking in a foreign tongue that I can not fully comprehend, let alone join a site about her (for which I will never do for another artist). I sometimes wonder what has happend to me that I am so much moved by someone that I have never met. There are countless good looking girls but none as beautiful or has this effect that Alizee has. It makes one wonder does it not?
So there I said it, now it's back to school work for me if I want to get that A.

Last edited by Ali; 10-01-2007 at 02:42 PM..